Mi 5s Difficulty Unlocking Bootloader

marcel112

Members
Jun 2, 2011
Guys,

i know there are tons off threads about unlocking bootloader, but i simple cannot get it to unlock.

I have read alot of threads and even unlocked my previous Mi 5 bootloader...

So i simply dont understand why i can get it to work this time

I have installed ADB fastboot
I have signature off in BIOS off the laptop
I have asked for unlock
I have China dev rom installed
I have USB debugging on
I have unlock app installed

I have manually rebooted in fastboot
I have logged in on the same MI account as the unlock app
I can go to 50% on the unlock app, after i get the message: cant verify device, not connected to mi phone..

Who can give me the solution?

Guys,

i know there are tons off threads about unlocking bootloader, but i simple cannot get it to unlock.

I have asked for unlock
I have USB debugging on

I can go to 50% on the unlock app, after i get the message: cant verify device, not connected to mi phone..

Uninstall all the drivers and don't install anything manually, just let the phone install what is needed you only need the ADB drivers.
You won't be needing china developer, i have it unlocked on the china stable rom, it doesn't matter.

I had the same problem
Then how did you solve it?
I have the same problem described by marcel112. I unlocked a redmi notes 3 pro, a redmi 3 and a mi4s no problems ... I do not understand what's wrong.
me and my friend we purchased 2 mi5s plus together, he unlocked the first try ... I still can not

Then how did you solve it?
I have the same problem described by marcel112. I unlocked a redmi notes 3 pro, a redmi 3 and a mi4s no problems ... I do not understand what's wrong.
me and my friend we purchased 2 mi5s plus together, he unlocked the first try ... I still can not
Uninstall all the drivers and don't install anything manually, just let the phone install what is needed you only need the ADB drivers.
You won't be needing china developer, i have it unlocked on the china stable rom, it doesn't matter.

SOLVED
that's how:
after trying so many times on different computers and notebooks all with windows 10
today I tried on a windows 7 64b
connected in Fastboot the mi5s plus
I noticed on devices that were not recognized android device.
I installed the miflash 8.6.30 in English
I accepted the installation of all drivers
I rebooted
I reconnected the mi5s plus in fastboot mode
Now Windows recognized it
I crossed my fingers
I launched MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0317.1_en
and it has passed the odious 50%
unlocked bootloader on the first try !!

I fix this issue by sign out from mi account from phone and sign in again phone unlocked.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Guys,

I have asked for unlock
I have USB debugging on

Solution:USE A WINDOWS 7 MACHINE.Install adb and fastboot drivers and that's it. It takes 1 minute.

Yesterday i tried everything...Installed so many drivers on my win 10 machine...then, i remembered a few years back when win 7 came out i tuined my then motorola razr putting a custom rom on it and bcuz it had a compatibility issue on win 7 it stopped in the proces so i used a win xp machine and did it. So thats what i did yesterday. And it worked like a charm.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

I unlock mi5s and mi5s plus on windows xp first i uninstall all drivers from previous phones and install adb minimal.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Many of us had the same problem with unlocking the mi4s. Also stuck at 50%.
We fixed it by flashing another rom first and then unlocking was succesfull. TWRP and the latest dev rom after that and done. My mi5s is being shipped, so i hope i can unlock it again.