Network Preference Won't Stick

Avalon60

Members
Sep 18, 2016
I bought my Redmi S3 from a seller on ebay, then found that it came from China, and I've had a problem of no mobile networks for a while, and only recently, with help on the en.miui site I found that I had to change a network setting, in engineering mode, from
TD-SCDMA, GSM/WCDMA and LTE to TD-SCDMA, GSM and LTE so that I could make and recieive calls.

When I reboot the phone, the Network setting reverts back to it's default of TD-SCDMA, GSM/WCDMA and LTE, and I have to change it again.

Is there anyway to make the setting I choose stick forever, without having to continually change it after each reboot.

Yes, certainly. If I remember rightly there's a setting where you can set the preferred network type.

As I said in my op, I went into engineering mode to change the setting or preferred network, but I could not see where it could be saved. Also on this site: http://en.miui.com/type-108-806.html, where I posted the same question, no one could tell me how it could be saved.
This is a totally different phone than the ZUK Z1, which I have not heard of by the way, so the settings may well be different.

I talk about a setting which I modified in QXDM. This is stored in EFS partition. These modifications are the same for all Qualcomm based phones.

Use network signal Guru, download it from playstore it needs root btw,select your band carriers i leave the lte bands all checked and disable gsm band 900 .. . it worked for me