Redmi 3s Reboots When Using Gps

TommyPT

Members
Jul 12, 2015
Hello everyone,

First of all let me start by thanking the devs the great work they have all been doing. This is my first Xiaomi and I was advised to install one of this commnity's rom.

Two weeks ago I purchased a Redmi 3S which I only started using after taking out the Gearbest ROM, unlocking the bootloader and flashed the latest MIUI 8.1 Stable from here. From this point on I applied the TWRP and applied the root on it.

I think it is a great device but I do have one question and one issue that is turning my otherwise smooth experience with this phone.

Question: Is it supposed to display MALCNDI on the MIUI version with the xiaomi.eu rom?

Problem: Everytome I run GPS apps I get reboots on the phone. I have tested with Waze, Google Maps and Sygic. The only difference between them is the time that they can hold without rebooting.

Has this happened to anyone else? This is really annoying as I cannot use the phone for directions.

Cheers,
Tommy

If you installed the rom first and then twrp you dont have .eu rom.
For eu. Rom you need first to install chinese developer + unlock + twrp and then eu rom + root.

My miui Version states: MIUI 8.2 by Xiaomi.eu 6.11.17|Beta

Sent from my Redmi 3S
Does yours also reboots itself?
If you installed the rom first and then twrp you dont have .eu rom.
For eu. Rom you need first to install chinese developer + unlock + twrp and then eu rom + root.
Its the Eu version.
Please check the screengrab:

00b9208bdca9a8a26371a6749ebcd5ff.jpg

Thanks
Tommy

I only have rare reboots only in default browser... Otherwise all ok... But I am on weekly rom... And so far 01.12.2016 rom seems to be one of better ones.

No reboots Here, Have you cleaned dalvik and cache already?

Sent from my Redmi 3S
Yes I have. Today I did another test, running sygic without data connection (offline maps) and it went fine during the total driving distance (about an hour and 70km, abd then return) without reboots. So my guess is that this has something to do with AGPS data. There must be something that Gmaps and Waze ask the Operating System that causes it to reboot, probably something to do with the AGPS.

There a soft for that.
I use GPS Locker since a long time and there is an option to force update.
You can also change NTP server for the sever from your country (more precise) with FasterGPS (reboot after change)

So today I used waze for almoat an hour until it rebooted. Im afraid it may be a hardware issue

Nop, nothing really. The phone never heats, even when running benchmarks.

Last night I tried Sygic with offline maps for 100km drive, with data connection off, and it never rebooted. I also tried waze for 25km but using my Wife's hotspot via Wifi and phone did not reboot. Then I turned on the data connection and off it went rebooting. So it only occurs when GPS and DATA are running in parallel! Searching the web someone has the exact same situation on EnMiui forum, however with no replies whatsoever.