Universal Tool For Managing Mipad 2

The reason I ask is that I want to do a factory reset on my Mi 5. Doesn't work through normal settings menu, nothing happens. When I try to hold down the power and volume up button, the Mi logo appears for less than a second then goes away and nothing happens when I release the power button. The bootloader is locked. I have applied to Xiaomi to unlock bootloader but no reply after a week. I am wondering if I can get around this problem with your toolkit. Thanks.

The reason I ask is that I want to do a factory reset on my Mi 5. Doesn't work through normal settings menu, nothing happens. When I try to hold down the power and volume up button, the Mi logo appears for less than a second then goes away and nothing happens when I release the power button. The bootloader is locked. I have applied to Xiaomi to unlock bootloader but no reply after a week. I am wondering if I can get around this problem with your toolkit. Thanks.

No. I don't think so.

HI Papka_

Thank you so much for your tool! Great help to solve error 963 and "Bootloader error code 03" for my Xiaomi Mi pad 2., Also, i downloaded the rom from the link that you provided ( from first page in your discussion with PHillllp 63-i'm not allowed to post links ) ,the install went well, but I experienced an error with Google Play services. That apk stoped working, and no matter what I did: deleted data, cache cleaning, reinstall the app, not solved the problem. So i had to reinstall the rom, but after 2 days, now i have the same problem. Could provide me an idea how to fix that? Maybe is because of the rom? Thanks in advance. I attached a screnshoot with the error

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-19-19-14-48-308_com.google.android.gms.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-19-19-14-48-308_com.google.android.gms.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 660
  • Screenshot_2017-01-19-19-46-16-037_com.miui.bugreport.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-19-19-46-16-037_com.miui.bugreport.png
    329.7 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:
HI Papka_

Thank you so much for your tool! Great help to solve error 963 and "Bootloader error code 03" for my Xiaomi Mi pad 2., Also, i downloaded the rom from the link that you provided ( from first page in your discussion with PHillllp 63-i'm not allowed to post links ) ,the install went well, but I experienced an error with Google Play services. That apk stoped working, and no matter what I did: deleted data, cache cleaning, reinstall the app, not solved the problem. So i had to reinstall the rom, but after 2 days, now i have the same problem. Could provide me an idea how to fix that? Maybe is because of the rom? Thanks in advance. I attached a screnshoot with the error

That's look strange. When you wiped data and went through setup, you were asked to add your Google account. Did you got error at that moment or? How this error appear after 2 days? You installed something? Note, that you need to restart device twice after first boot waiting 5 min each time.

That's look strange. When you wiped data and went through setup, you were asked to add your Google account. Did you got error at that moment or? How this error appear after 2 days? You installed something? Note, that you need to restart device twice after first boot waiting 5 min each time.
Error appeared every time after i made update. I think this was the problem. Now i flash other rom: bit.ly-2iMPsqc ( word that begins with bitly is a link, instead of hyphen, put a slash, because I am not allowed to post links, that's why i put a hyphen) and i blocked all the udate from miui. I wish to have a newer version of android, but i don't know no other stable rom. Maybe you give me some advice. Thank you

Error appeared every time after i made update. I think this was the problem. Now i flash other rom: bit.ly-2iMPsqc ( word that begins with bitly is a link, instead of hyphen, put a slash, because I am not allowed to post links, that's why i put a hyphen) and i blocked all the udate from miui. I wish to have a newer version of android, but i don't know no other stable rom. Maybe you give me some advice. Thank you

OTA working only for China dev based ROM. For the rest, you should not use updater.

ok,

can you tell me if, without update, the rom from the link you provide is stable? how is the battery?

From my perspective, such ROM not exist. I'm using China dev based ROM with weekly OTA. It's stable for me and I don't care about update or not. Just applying OTA. If you need any other then Eng language - you have no choose. It's Xiaomi.eu. I don't use "stable" ROM at all. What kind of ROM you tried to flash, when you got these strange errors?

Thank you, this worked after I tried is two times. Only a weird message the last time.
I entered my Google account details and it says 'Google Play-services has stopped'. I could only press 'OK'. Then It asked me again for my Google account details and told me that there is already an account on the device with the emailaddress that I used. I used the button to go back and after a few times I saw the mi screen asking for my mi login to go further.

Papka, w7 (64bits) recognizes mipad, but when I open command window and type tool.bat it says failed (data transfer failure) and it stays in dnx fastboot mode.

I do it with developer option enabled and usb debugging, MIUI version: 8.1, stable 8.1.3.0

Any suggestion ?

Papka, w7 (64bits) recognizes mipad, but when I open command window and type tool.bat it says failed (data transfer failure) and it stays in dnx fastboot mode.

I do it with developer option enabled and usb debugging, MIUI version: 8.1, stable 8.1.3.0

Any suggestion ?

That's strange. Are you shure your cable is OK? If cable is ok, I would try to reinstall drivers. You can find them under Drivers folder and I would use Xiaomi drivers from there.

If you use the original cable, in front and rear usb will try again.

When it is on, it indicates error 03 (bootloader released).

From my perspective, such ROM not exist. I'm using China dev based ROM with weekly OTA. It's stable for me and I don't care about update or not. Just applying OTA. If you need any other then Eng language - you have no choose. It's Xiaomi.eu. I don't use "stable" ROM at all. What kind of ROM you tried to flash, when you got these strange errors?
Hi Papka__, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to you.

I was searching for solutions for custom rom (most of them don't work 100%) until I found your China Dev 6.12.29! I flashed your latest "China Dev 6.12.29" and managed to setup Google accounts after fixing the Market using your tools. Thanks!!!

The Google Play Store is not working after I did an update using OTA via the Updater app in Mi Pad 2. I also cannot setup Google Account type in Settings->Other Accounts. The option is gone.

Questions
1) How can I fix this without reflashing to China Dev 12.2.29 again?
2) How did you do your OTA? Miui's Updater app->...->Download update package->Click on Reboot button?
3) If I were to go for more advance steps, how do I reinstall your gapps? I am not sure if you used opengapps.org cos the last round I tried to do that, the whole Miui go bonkus!

Thanks in advance.

Hi Papka__, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to you.

I was searching for solutions for custom rom (most of them don't work 100%) until I found your China Dev 6.12.29! I flashed your latest "China Dev 6.12.29" and managed to setup Google accounts after fixing the Market using your tools. Thanks!!!

The Google Play Store is not working after I did an update using OTA via the Updater app in Mi Pad 2. I also cannot setup Google Account type in Settings->Other Accounts. The option is gone.

Questions
1) How can I fix this without reflashing to China Dev 12.2.29 again?
2) How did you do your OTA? Miui's Updater app->...->Download update package->Click on Reboot button?
3) If I were to go for more advance steps, how do I reinstall your gapps? I am not sure if you used opengapps.org cos the last round I tried to do that, the whole Miui go bonkus!

Thanks in advance.

Have a look into ROM thread. This problem is not connected to Toolbox.

Love your work, tool looks great however I'm having trouble using it to flash TWRP. It goes through downloading boot.img and all that fine and gets to the menu (Bootloader is 'unlocked' but when I hit 2 to flash recovery.img I get this:

Type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 0 then press ENTER:2
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
sending 'recovery' (13794 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.481s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: Flash failure: Not Found)
finished. total time: 0.497s
"Recovery flash done. Bootloader unlocked. If you flashed original recovery, change bootloader state manually."
Press any key to continue . . .

And then it starts up in the regular Xiaomi recovery. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?