3g/4g Network Connection Dropping

Do you have mobile data connection drops?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

karumommik

Members
Jan 30, 2017
Hello fellow PRO users.
I am running xiaomi.eu 7.1.5.
I am experiencing a quite annoying problem - the mobile data keeps "dropping" on random moments. Basically almost every time I use the phone on mobile data, at one point the connection just drops - on the notification bar I can see, that the "download" arrow is not active any more, but the "upload" one is. This will usually go on for about few minutes, then suddenly everything starts working. It does not matter which SIM card I am using, nor does it matter if I'm locking the network to 3g, or allowing it to use 4g as well. Sometimes I can force the mobile data to work by switching the Data off and then on again. When the mobile data drops connection, everything that requires internet access stops working as well (says no connectivity, or whatever the error message the app has).
When using WIFI, everything is working without problems.
The network providers I am using (2 sims, both different providers), use 3g bands - 900 MHz, 2100 MHz (what the Redmi Pro is supposed to support). 4g bands used over here are 800 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2600 MHz (Redmi PRO lacks the 800mhz, so 4g connectivity is bad inside buildings and outside cities).

Sadly, I cannot remember if this problem was showing with factory Chinese rom. If there is no more info from others, I will flash back to factory CN rom and try it out. Also have not flashed the 7.1.19/20 yet - maybe somebody can give some info, if it might fix this or?

Thank you for any input you might have

Try entering the hidden menu and select "Band Mode". In 3G leave only your provider's band enabled. This fixed the problem for me on 3G
I never tried 4G because Redmi Pro doesn't support my provider's 4G band

Hello fellow PRO users.
I am running xiaomi.eu 7.1.5.
I am experiencing a quite annoying problem - the mobile data keeps "dropping" on random moments. Basically almost every time I use the phone on mobile data, at one point the connection just drops - on the notification bar I can see, that the "download" arrow is not active any more, but the "upload" one is. This will usually go on for about few minutes, then suddenly everything starts working. It does not matter which SIM card I am using, nor does it matter if I'm locking the network to 3g, or allowing it to use 4g as well. Sometimes I can force the mobile data to work by switching the Data off and then on again. When the mobile data drops connection, everything that requires internet access stops working as well (says no connectivity, or whatever the error message the app has).
When using WIFI, everything is working without problems.
The network providers I am using (2 sims, both different providers), use 3g bands - 900 MHz, 2100 MHz (what the Redmi Pro is supposed to support). 4g bands used over here are 800 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2600 MHz (Redmi PRO lacks the 800mhz, so 4g connectivity is bad inside buildings and outside cities).

Sadly, I cannot remember if this problem was showing with factory Chinese rom. If there is no more info from others, I will flash back to factory CN rom and try it out. Also have not flashed the 7.1.19/20 yet - maybe somebody can give some info, if it might fix this or?

Thank you for any input you might have

Same problem

I tried setting the band to something else in the 4636 hidden menu, but it only works for some time. Problem still comes back. I guess only other choice is to flash cn rom or newer xiaomi.eu rom. Really a huge dealbreaker by now - its basically a must work feature in a smart phone.

I didn't mean the 4636, dial *#*#3646633#*#* to enter the engineering menu, then select BandMode, select your SIM slot and then you can choose between UMTS bands for 3G mode. I left only the one supported by my provider enabled.

If you enter the menu with 4G enabled you can select LTE bands too but as I said before I couldn't test those.

I didn't mean the 4636, dial *#*#3646633#*#* to enter the engineering menu, then select BandMode, select your SIM slot and then you can choose between UMTS bands for 3G mode. I left only the one supported by my provider enabled.

If you enter the menu with 4G enabled you can select LTE bands too but as I said before I couldn't test those.
*#*#3636633#*# samarch pas avec mon redmi 4 prime

Envoyé de mon Redmi 4

Envoyé de mon Redmi 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

Tinkered with that 363 menu, worked on single sim for a while. Put the second sim back in, seemed to work aswell. In the morning I changed which sim uses data - then the phone lost all networks, did not pick them up again. Took sims out, back in - now the phone is not recognizing sims at all. Flashed newer twrp, newer xiaomi.eu rom, even went back to China dev rom - still does not see any sim card. Cards work in my other phone fine.
Did I kill it with the Band tinkering? I only turned off the bands they dont use over here.