Battery Drain!

Rui Comprido

Members
Feb 13, 2017
Hello,

Briefly, since the 6.12.29 update that the battery of the mobile phone has drained stupidly. Below I leave some images of prints of the battery, I recall that I am currently with version 7.2.9 and remains the same.
If anyone can help me thank you.
16731823_1408180885869926_1936768312_o.png
16732131_1408180889203259_363654919_o.png
16735423_1408180895869925_785285355_o.png
<
16763860_1408180892536592_1469923949_o.png

How long was the Navegador running?

If you have TWRP, can you try this test?
When it reaches 0% and it turns off, try booting into TWRP.
While on recovery, set the display brightness to 50% and set to off the screen timeout.
How long can it remains on?

How long was the Navegador running?

If you have TWRP, can you try this test?
When it reaches 0% and it turns off, try booting into TWRP.
While on recovery, set the display brightness to 50% and set to off the screen timeout.
How long can it remains on?

I do not have the browser print because it was taken in the previous version. Yes I have twrp, the goal is when the battery ends I try to get into twrp and see how long it takes?

Yes, how long it takes to turn off again.
I can do even 1h with screen on on TWRP after it turns off at 0%.

Yes, how long it takes to turn off again.
I can do even 1h with screen on on TWRP after it turns off at 0%.

I'll test that as soon as I can.
And also have battery problems? Is that I wanted to solve this and I do not know if it is ROM problem, the battery or something else

Try with another charging cycle. Charge it to 100% while off and then look how it goes.
Try using apps like wakelock detector to see if there are too many wakelocks or apps like betterbatterystats to have better statistics on apps battery usage.

I still doesn't work...did you take a nandroid backup using TWRP before flashing?
If not, this is a bad habit.
If yes, try restoring it. If you were not experiencing this problem before flashing that should solve.

If you do not have a backup, try flashing the same version you were using before the latest.
As it seems that your browser consumed most of your battery, try using a different one like Firefox.
If flashing the previous version doesn't solve, try flashing a fastboot china rom, same version you are using (I mean developer/stable), than flash again twrp a xiaomi.eu.

I never had spectacular battery drains on RN2, like other people often reported after upgrading, but SOT always sucked from the first day: ~2h±20m.
So the SOT you are reporting, could be on edge, but it's not surprising me.

Recently I noticed that after it shuts down at 0% it still have some juice, once it happened that it restarted reporting 2% and it played a video for 45m before going to 0% again. And then it remained on for 30m on TWRP with screen always on.
That's why I was asking to do the same test.

Last edited:
Despois de actualicion deixa estabilice uns dias. Tamen poder ser moito frio o calor afecta a durabilidade da bateria. Calibra a bateria como di "pippolone" arriba. Muita sorte

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

I used to get only 2 hours SOT. I finally got fed up and bought a Nohon battery from AliExpress and installed ROM 7.3.9

After a few recharge cycles and disabling all extras like "Pocket mode", "Wake screen for notifications", basically anything that prevents the device from fully sleeping, I can get up to 6 hours SOT.

Right now I'm at 16 hours on battery with 3.5 hours SOT. I still have 43% battery left. WiFi is on all the time so I disable mobile data. I only have 1 sim card in the phone. Screen is at 30% brightness.

Edit: I had to order twice because the first package never arrived. Don't be cheap like me; always use registered shipping with tracking.

Reactions: Pedro Barata