My Dream's Rom. Is It Feasible In This Way?

realista87

Members
Feb 18, 2017
hello people.
i'm new to xiaomi, my first xiaomi KATE arrived 1 week ago and i'm still stucked with the rejected permission of unlock by xiaomi.
when i'll solve it... i hope to do these things but i don't know if they are feasible.

1) use the Zcx twrp specific for KATE ( not kenzo) that supports ota.

2) use your .eu rom . but tell me if it's correct... on stable rom the ota support is discontinued, and users need to manually download with pc the "ota" that it's not a real incremental BUT a full ROM updated.
My doubt is this: you say to update using the built in option in the OS, updater and choose the direct zip file, then the SO do all automatically ( reboot, install etc). BUT WHY NOT to simply install the full rom on the Zcx twrp? isn't easyer and more "direct" ...respecting to enter so, set zip file, reboot automaticalli etc ?

3) your rom is NOT pre-rooted, right?
so i could choose to use the systemless method by MAGISK v11, that is an all in 1 solution to root and it does saves the possibility to receive OTAs.
ok..otas................ BUT IF I AM CORRECT your stable roms DO NOT allow ota over wifi ( like i said previously) so the feature of the systemless root is maybe useless, because also with a /SYSTEM ROOT i should be able to update the rom with full rom zip file, simply EXCLUDING to flash the "data" partition. is it all right?

4) i love xposed, is there the possiblity to flash a compatible xposed for your xiaomi.eu stable rom?

to sum up:
i simpy would have ---> your nice room + xposed, keeping the possibility to continue to install your updates ( that i still have to understand if they're "real ota incrementals"... or "full roms"....)
But at the end it's not important to me how to do it, i just have to know IF I HAVE TO ROOT SYSTEM OR SYSTEMLESS to achieve this possibility to update the rom, or is it ok to use both root methods?

thanks in advance for who is coming to help me...excuse me if i've been so verbose/prolix :p

Last edited:
hello people.
i'm new to xiaomi, my first xiaomi KATE arrived 1 week ago and i'm still stucked with the rejected permission of unlock by xiaomi.
when i'll solve it... i hope to do these things but i don't know if they are feasible.

1) use the Zcx twrp specific for KATE ( not kenzo) that supports ota.

2) use your .eu rom . but tell me if it's correct... on stable rom the ota support is discontinued, and users need to manually download with pc the "ota" that it's not a real incremental BUT a full ROM updated.
My doubt is this: you say to update using the built in option in the OS, updater and choose the direct zip file, then the SO do all automatically ( reboot, install etc). BUT WHY NOT to simply install the full rom on the Zcx twrp? isn't easyer and more "direct" ...respecting to enter so, set zip file, reboot automaticalli etc ?

3) your rom is NOT pre-rooted, right?
so i could choose to use the systemless method by MAGISK v11, that is an all in 1 solution to root and it does saves the possibility to receive OTAs.
ok..otas................ BUT IF I AM CORRECT your stable roms DO NOT allow ota over wifi ( like i said previously) so the feature of the systemless root is maybe useless, because also with a /SYSTEM ROOT i should be able to update the rom with full rom zip file, simply EXCLUDING to flash the "data" partition. is it all right?

4) i love xposed, is there the possiblity to flash a compatible xposed for your xiaomi.eu stable rom?

to sum up:
i simpy would have ---> your nice room + xposed, keeping the possibility to continue to install your updates ( that i still have to understand if they're "real ota incrementals"... or "full roms"....)
But at the end it's not important to me how to do it, i just have to know IF I HAVE TO ROOT SYSTEM OR SYSTEMLESS to achieve this possibility to update the rom, or is it ok to use both root methods?

thanks in advance for who is coming to help me...excuse me if i've been so verbose/prolix :p
hello and welcome. you should post this in the redmi note 3 forum though as this is for redmi3/pro so most likely noone can answer your device specific questions.

Firstly there is no xiaomi.eu rom with OTA support anymore. you always have to flash manually no matter if weekly or stable. (dirty flash with only wipe cache/davlik is working well so you wont loose data)
the roms are not prerooted. i flash supersu after every update on my device. i never tried magisk.

as for exposed: i have read posts about exposed on Kate. search in the device forum for it.

greetz
edit: on page 17 of the 7.2.17 rom thread the user holle wrote that he uses exposed on Kate. so you should get it going also ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: realista87
thank you for the help, you said me IMPORTANT THINGS i didn't know before!
i'm sorry i made an error posting here i've made an error ....reading note 3 instead 3/pro

i am going to copy and paste the thread in the right room... after that a moderator can cancel/close this thread. thanks