Share Your Unlock Experience.

like i said, swipe all except internal storage or you'll deleted the folder with the xiaomi rom in it.

Reactions: RFontes
Hello everyone
After a week stuck at 50% today unlocked normally.
I did not have to request the sms.

Reactions: _Sal_
Hello. Today I received my sms autorizing the unlock. At first I got the infamous 50% error. After a few tries with the same result I read xiaomi's FAQ about the problems unlocking and they had a new solution regarding the drivers for Windows 10 users. That solved my problem. I just downloaded and installed the new provided drivers and voilà! Phone unlocked at first try.
And you don't have to be on a China developer ROM like someone as stated here. That is false. You do the procedure with the Xiaomi.eu's ROM you're using.

like i said, swipe all except internal storage or you'll deleted the folder with the xiaomi rom in it.
Finally unlocked bootloader!! Thank you so much! Your information was very precise. Last question : installing xiaomi. eu Android 7 with twrp will lock it again?!

Hello,
is it possible to do the following:
1.) download actual china Dev. ROM with Android 7
2.) unlock Boot Loader
3.) install XIAOMI.EU

Do I need to unlock BL again?
Is TWRP for ANdroid 7 workimg? I tried to install under Android 6 but it did not boot into TWRP

I am still stuck at 50%. When I checked my account. Device finding is active.
But then I locked into my account: connected devices = 0.
But when I clicked on "find device" I saw my device as "online", and it is also located correct position.

Does this prevent to install a device fro XIAOM.EU or Global ROM?

Hello. Today I received my sms autorizing the unlock. At first I got the infamous 50% error. After a few tries with the same result I read xiaomi's FAQ about the problems unlocking and they had a new solution regarding the drivers for Windows 10 users. That solved my problem. I just downloaded and installed the new provided drivers and voilà! Phone unlocked at first try.
And you don't have to be on a China developer ROM like someone as stated here. That is false. You do the procedure with the Xiaomi.eu's ROM you're using.
Hello
when you unlocked, were you able to find "unlock status" in developer options and could you bind the phone as mentioned in the new FAQ? I have another phone which is under Global Stable, and I cannot unlock. For the Stable they say that I have to bind the phone. Therefore I am not able to switch to XIAOMI.EU. With locked BL i cannot even install China Dev. ROM.

Finally unlocked bootloader!! Thank you so much! Your information was very precise. Last question : installing xiaomi. eu Android 7 with twrp will lock it again?!
no. I also reinstalled the cn original version after unlock, and it still remained unlocked. I think the lock is controlled by your MI Account.

Hello
when you unlocked, were you able to find "unlock status" in developer options and could you bind the phone as mentioned in the new FAQ? I have another phone which is under Global Stable, and I cannot unlock. For the Stable they say that I have to bind the phone. Therefore I am not able to switch to XIAOMI.EU. With locked BL i cannot even install China Dev. ROM.

I did nothing like that. No need to enter developer options. But on the other and I've always used developer ROM. I don't know how stable ones work.

I have to agree with Arincu.

- First unlock try failed (permission was given but I got stuck at 50%, then my permission was revoked again)
- Re-appplied for unlock: received a text message next day
- Waited 24 hours and my unlock was done

Just follow the FAQ instructions on the en.miui.com/unlock site (link in orange)

1. Download the Mi-flash tool and install it
2. Update / rollback your drivers as stated in the instructions
3. Download the correct version of Mi-flash Unlock (miflash_unlock-1.1.1111.11231.zip)
4. Unlock
5. Follow the TWRP installation instructions on the ROM Download OP post
6. Download update 7.2.16/17 and update through TWRP
7. Enjoy

I did this all with the 7.2.9 Xiaomi.eu ROM. No need to install China development ROMS or wipe stuff.

I hope this worked.
I also updated to version 7.2.9, But no TWRP and phone got locked.
I tried to unlock but on 50% for a week. Then I used EDL to install CN Dev ROM 6.12.15
From there I immediately unlocked. So it is not an issue with my PC and the drivers.
I am back on Android 5.1.

But now I am scared, if install 7.2.16 that my phone is locked again. And I am not able to unlock as before.
So my idea was to go to Android 7 as China Dev. ROM, unlock - should work from there - and only then install XIAOMI.EU 7.2.16/17 ROM. Does the phone in that case stay unlocked? If I come from Android 5 witj first installation of Android 7, it will be locked.

main topic is the following. I have MI4C. Gets locked if I change from 6.11.22 (Android 5.1) to latest version.
I tried, but unlocking procedure from XIAOMI.EU ROM failed (50% error). But under China Dev ROM unlock worked immediately??? Gets the phone also unlocked if I install XIAOMI.EU if I have China Dev ROM installed (latest ROM which is already Android 7)? Then it would be ok. I really love XIAOMI.EU. IN the time being I am under LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1.).

For the lucky ones that managed to unlock by official method: did you remain on the same ROM from which you applied to unlock, all the way till the moment you accomplished unlock?

Yes I was on 7.2.9 for over a week.
It just looks like Xiaomi had some difficulties with their unlock system last week.
My second unlock try worked just fine as I described a few posts earlier.

Don't give up ;-)

Reactions: cris2d2
can you please help me to find drivers you're speaking about?
I'm not able to find them at http://en.miui.com/thread-202290-1-1.html

The fastboot drivers are included in the Mi Flash tool.
So download and install Mi Flash. (the download link is in the same thread you are referring to...a few lines under step 6)
After that when you plug in your device in fastboot mode, the correct driver will be installed.

Read the "Kedacom USB device problem (new)" part carefully and it will be ok.

thanks @brvandoorn for the info.
Driver procedure not working in windows 7 (office PC).
I will try later in windows 10 (home personal PC).

Then I'll keep you updated

unlock procedure works only with android 7 or should work also with rom xiaomi.eu weekly 6.12.22 (android 5.1)?
[I'm on this last at the moment]

Read the "Kedacom USB device problem (new)" part carefully and it will be ok.
Done it. Followed each step (I see now Marshall London Device --> Marshall London Bootloader Interface).
But 50% problem is still there :( :(

I updated on Sunday to 7.2.16/17 via update and phone works fine. I asked for unlock also and got textmessage on monday. When trying to unlock I get the 50% error, of course. Now it came to my mind that if I just want to update new eu rom sometimes, do I have to unlock bootloader? Or does it work with internal update or xiaomi pc suite even with locked bootloader? I quess china rom can update without unlocking so why not eu rom?

unlock procedure works only with android 7 or should work also with rom xiaomi.eu weekly 6.12.22 (android 5.1)?
[I'm on this last at the moment]

Android 7.0 writes a new locked bootloader to your device, that's why you have to unlock it again.
If you don't upgrade, you will always be stuck at 5.1 with the old unlocked bootloader.

So yes you will first have to update to the newest weekly based on Android 7.0.
After that check on http://en.miui.com/unlock/ if your unlock permission is still valid.
If not: apply for an unlock again, if yes: download and install mi flash.
Now plug in your updated phone in fastboot mode.
Go to device manager and find the phone. Double click: uninstall and tick "delete driver software".
Unplug phone, but keep it in fastboot mode.
Plug it in again: the new driver is installed. (I didn't do the roll back driver part)
Download Mi Unlock tool and unlock the device.

If you still get the message that your current account is different, you will have to wait and try it later.
I had to wait over 24 hours before the account info was synced on the Xiaomi server.

This is my personal experience. If this doesn't work....I can't help you any further.

Reactions: PeTiT
I updated on Sunday to 7.2.16/17 via update and phone works fine. I asked for unlock also and got textmessage on monday. When trying to unlock I get the 50% error, of course. Now it came to my mind that if I just want to update new eu rom sometimes, do I have to unlock bootloader? Or does it work with internal update or xiaomi pc suite even with locked bootloader? I quess china rom can update without unlocking so why not eu rom?

If you want to use the Xiaomi.eu ROM you will have to unlock.
Without an unlocked bootloader you can't proceed with installing the custom recovery software TWRP.
TWRP is required if you want to install any "unofficial" ROM.
And since the xiaomi.eu ROM belongs to that category too, unlocking is your only way.

Only official factory ROMS can be installed with the bootloader locked, because they have the required signature.

Reactions: kmsr16
sorry... was a zip file maybe corrupted...

I re-downloaded superSu 2.76 and now phone is correctly rooted.
I can now proceed with Titanium Backup --> backup apps --> then install android 7

Last edited:
I have the same 50% problem; can't verify the device. I got the sms 4 days ago, trying to unlock every day. Today; no succes. TO wait or to try with cn ROM? Does the 7.1.16 repairs the huge battery drain on MI4C with 7.2.9? My phone is almost unusable; 8 hours up (mostly backgroung screen off usage) drops to 20%... crazy...

Try logging into your mi account on your phone leave it logged in, then try to unlock via mi tool in fastboot mode . Otherwise unlock with out permission using the edl (emergency device download" method).

You don't need to offically unlock with mi tool. You can do it without the permission. hehehe

Put into edl mode:
flash libra china rom
reboot to fastboot
flashboot oem-unlock go (this will unlock your boot loader)
reboot to Rom
turn on development options
turn on USB debugging
copy EU rom to internal storage as well as TWRP
Reboot to fastboot
Flash TWRP.
Reboot into TWRP.

Good Luck

Thank you. I have downloaded latest cn ROM, tried to install it from miui update, but the phone restarts with no changes. And another thing, after the restart, I can't find downloaded ROM in my storage. :D I have some experience using fastboot and edl, so I'll have to install this CN ROM, install 5.1 with unlocked bootloader, install twrp, update latest nougat, hopefully with no battery drain :D