Redmi 1s Eol (end Of Life) By Xiaomi.eu

Jovino Cortijo

Members
Feb 28, 2014
As per this post it seems that xiaomi.eu has marked Redmi 1S EOL and hence it is not building ROMs for it anymore, including no STABLE releases either.
Users of this popular device are shocked as this piece of news came unexpected. We know this is a community project that feeds on the effort and free time of its ROM packagers but nonetheless we would like to ask you to please reconsider that decision: STABLE releases are only published every 2-3 months and who knows for how long now, we love xioami.eu ROM, do we really have to migrate to official Global?

Thanks.

Reactions: em56464
Technically impossible as system partition is smaller than ROM.. So it will not boot anymore... You had great 3 years of support for this lowend device.. Time to move..
Don't worry, your device will not explode without updates..!

~Tapatalk Mi5~

I was unaware that there was a technical reason behind that decision.

Thanks for those great 3 years of support given.

Time to move to Lineage OS (1S is actively supported). Thank you though! The phone is perfectly fine for me and I'm not going to buy a new one to keep receiving new builds here. However, I am open to trade mine to a supported device ;-)

@ruimtekoek although this project is not building ROMs for Redmi 1s anymore, for technical reasons, Xiaomi still -let's see for how much longer- supports our beloved device.

So if you would like to remain enjoying MIUI ROM you can easily upgrade to the latest official Global ROM as available here.

ingbrzy himself suggested that path in the weekly ROM thread. I did migrate myself, it is not much of a hassle.

Technically impossible as system partition is smaller than ROM.. So it will not boot anymore... You had great 3 years of support for this lowend device.. Time to move..
Don't worry, your device will not explode without updates..!

~Tapatalk Mi5~
Thank you for your answer.
And yes, it was a very good ride with this handset :)
Thank you for your awesome support!

The thing is: I no longer have a clean official fastboot ROM to flash on my Redmi 1S.
Does anyone have one?

@Hitardo you have the link to the latest official fastboot ROM in the link that I provided, nonetheless find it below:
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V8.2.1.0.K...DL_20170111.0000.00_4.4_global_38141329ff.tgz
Thank you for your kind response.

That version (v8.2 Stable) I found easily on the MIUI forum website.
But I need the v8.1 Stable (v8.1.2.0 or older) to flash through fastboot, and only then, update to Xiaomi.eu last Stable ROM for the Redmi 1S (v8.1.2.0).

Do not quite understand why would you want to do that to end up with latest xiaomi.eu stable rom when you could flash from recovery. But you can find china stable 8.1.2.0 in which xiaomi.eu base their roms in the link below:
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V8.1.2.0.K...HCCNDI_20161107.0000.00_4.4_cn_0e2cade27c.tgz
source: http://en.miui.com/thread-413054-1-1.html
Thank you!

I usually do this (fastboot ROM + Xiaomi.eu ROM) to have a clean phone, especially when this will be the last update to the phone.
This will be a backup phone, so I need it as much stable as possible.

Thank your for your kind and quick help.
Cheers!

Hi!
Some users reported a problem with Armani 7.1.20 rom (error 7 while installing with most recent twrp) but I didn't find a reply or solution from a developer.

I'm having problems using the last armani stable eu rom due to a very high battery drain when using location with the high accuracy setting on.

When the bug occurs the battery gets drained in less than an hour. Other users reported the same bug in a web search I did a while back.

As the stable is of no use to me, I would like to try the eu 7.1.20 to see if the bug was gone. Unfortunately the error 7 in twrp prohibits it.

Any solution is welcome. Thank you.
Regards

Reactions: em56464 and Hitardo
And still this devicehave problems even on developer rom.......of course is easy to say ....EOL...the device but say this with something stable even on developer rom dont start with miui 9 and before give solutions to a few problems tell to all owners finish i am bored to build roms for yours redmi 1s...........i dont now who tell this and take decisions of that but my friend finish when you start something!!!!!!!!!!!!