Mi Note Pro Update To Android 7?

Rahim N Khan

Members
Jul 29, 2016
Hi all. I downloaded the version 7.2.9 beta. My installed version is 6.12.22.
Should I proceed as usual through twrp recovery or have to do some other procedures. My phone is mi note pro. Thanks in advance.

Go to Updater app and Choose update package.(select the zip update)
Thanks a lot. I updated but it is the same as before. I can't appreciate any changes. Secondly I used to install updates through twrp but why you told me to update via updater? I can't go to recovery any more...

Yes, there are no differences,maybe only better battery life.I told you to update via updater app because this is how this update should be done.You need to apply to xiaomi for bootloader unlock.After you receive permision you need to download the TWRP_leo7.0.zip and flash via adb.

Yes, there are no differences,maybe only better battery life.I told you to update via updater app because this is how this update should be done.You need to apply to xiaomi for bootloader unlock.After you receive permision you need to download the TWRP_leo7.0.zip and flash via adb.
Thank you very much again for your help. I applied before to Xiaomi for unlock but they never replied so I did it according to one post here and succeeded. But I forgot which thread was that. Can anybody direct me to that thread? I shall be thankful.

I am having problems flashing the new twrp (TWRP_leo7.0). I can flash it via fastboot flash recovery, but i can't enter recovery mode after that. If i use fastboot boot, i get an error (dtb not found). The old version works fine. Anyone having the same problem?

I am having problems flashing the new twrp (TWRP_leo7.0). I can flash it via fastboot flash recovery, but i can't enter recovery mode after that. If i use fastboot boot, i get an error (dtb not found). The old version works fine. Anyone having the same problem?
First of all install Mi Flash and after that try again to install via fastboot.
After that use the following in the same command prompt:. adb reboot recovery

Thanks a lot. I updated but it is the same as before. I can't appreciate any changes. Secondly I used to install updates through twrp but why you told me to update via updater? I can't go to recovery any more...
Hi Rahim, are you have successfully updated to 7.2.9? and whether you use twrp or updater menu? Thanks

Hi Rahim, are you have successfully updated to 7.2.9? and whether you use twrp or updater menu? Thanks
Hi
I downloaded the rom. As advised above by one honorable member, I put the rom in the root of internal memory. Then opened the updater and installed the rom. It installed correctly but I can't appreciate any changes as compared to the previous rom. And I don't know why I was directed to install via updater and not twrp...

Hi
I downloaded the rom. As advised above by one honorable member, I put the rom in the root of internal memory. Then opened the updater and installed the rom. It installed correctly but I can't appreciate any changes as compared to the previous rom. And I don't know why I was directed to install via updater and not twrp...
Thanks for your sharing, i still worries to install via updater... Did you unlock bootloader afterb that?

Hello together,

bought my mi note pro on gearbest and updated it to 7.0 dev from miui.
Thought there was the german language inside and chose that ROM.
Unfortunately there was no!!!!
I also unlocked my phone via the miui unlock site, after rebooting my system does not
have inet connection nor my papps are workin´, google can´t connect...
Also tried to fastboot flash recovery.img.... this is working.
When i try to reboot into recovery "daemon is not running"???
I really don´t know what to do any more to install the xiaomi.eu ROM.

Please help.

Mi Note Pro Update.png

When i start the phone there is always a window opening and closing "find my device closed unexpectedly"
and in 20minutes it is really getting hot and the battery is getting lower and lower...

Last edited:
Got it, i was to fast in that procedure...
Didn´t get it read the post and then the
phone was in twrp screen...
Halleluja bit...!!!

Hi, I'm new. I have the same situation.
I have my MI NOTE PRO rooted with the miui rom version 6.12.22 developer and the twrp recovery version 2.8.6

Do I have to update the twrp recovery before?
Can I do update the rom without wipe?
Basically what is the correct procedure to follow?

I don't want a brick :-D

Thanks

Last edited: