Fastboot Rom (miui 8/9, Los13, AOSP) With Gapps, Root And Some Other Stuffs

I see them update new for mipad 2. pls check it and create Rom help me :)
749.3MB Feb 21, 2017 | 08:41PM

7.2.16 ready. Just download and flash. :)

Hi Papka
Do i need to flash the 7.2.16 as you said "7.2.16 ready. Just download and flash. :)"
or do i need the rom of this Friday

Last question about : do we need to chose UNLOCK or UNVERIFIED for xiaomi.eu rom and no TWRP installed, or matter the choice

Hi Papka
Do i need to flash the 7.2.16 as you said "7.2.16 ready. Just download and flash. :)"
or do i need the rom of this Friday

Last question about : do we need to chose UNLOCK or UNVERIFIED for xiaomi.eu rom and no TWRP installed, or matter the choice
I suppose I'll skip this week. Not sure anything interesting will be there.
"do we need to chose UNLOCK" - if you are not using TWRP, then use "verified" state. Whatever ROM you are using.

Does anybody know if 7.2.23 is safe to update over 7.2.16 China Dev?
I just updated. Avoid it. It broke the Google Play again. Now I am having "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped working" prompt.

I guess we will have to wait for Papka__ to release his ROM.

I have installed xiaomi eu 8.2.1 and i'm using it without problems from day one... previously i was on 6.12.xx and the only operation i do to pas to stable was clean cache and davlik, without losing any data.

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

I just updated. Avoid it. It broke the Google Play again. Now I am having "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped working" prompt.

I guess we will have to wait for Papka__ to release his ROM.

So, I updated to 7.2.23 and all is fine. Are you sure, you were on 7.2.16 before? As solution, download 7.2.16 once again, flash it and then apply OTA once again.

So, I updated to 7.2.23 and all is fine. Are you sure, you were on 7.2.16 before? As solution, download 7.2.16 once again, flash it and then apply OTA once again.

I tried to install 7.2.23 OTA but keep getting "Install update.zip failed! Error applying update" and only have a 'Back' button option.
So I
1) used Toolbox to remove the 'Verified' setting from my device
2) deleted the update.zip file from downloaded_roms folder
3) re-downloaded via OTA and hit the same error message again.

Any suggestions?
Can I download the OTA via webpage and install manually ?

I tried to install 7.2.23 OTA but keep getting "Install update.zip failed! Error applying update" and only have a 'Back' button option.
So I
1) used Toolbox to remove the 'Verified' setting from my device
2) deleted the update.zip file from downloaded_roms folder
3) re-downloaded via OTA and hit the same error message again.

Any suggestions?
Can I download the OTA via webpage and install manually ?

It's nothing to do with verified.
Question - ROM 7.2.16 contains more images then usually. One of them is recovery.img. Probably, you not flashed it. So - update Toolbox, put all images from archive to ROM and flash over. Nothing more. Don't do any wipes or reset.
This is absolutely safe. OTA not working due to outdated version of original recovery.
Before, recovery was updated together with OTA, but somehow this not happened during last big update. That's why I included more images in last release, to be sure, we will be up to date.

Reactions: Steven Braithwaite
And set bootloader state to verified back. This is absolutely correct.
Note, after flash you will be booted into original recovery. This is correct. Just reboot from there to system.

It's nothing to do with verified.
Question - ROM 7.2.16 contains more images then usually. One of them is recovery.img. Probably, you not flashed it. So - update Toolbox, put all images from archive to ROM and flash over. Nothing more. Don't do any wipes or reset.
This is absolutely safe. OTA not working due to outdated version of original recovery.
Before, recovery was updated together with OTA, but somehow this not happened during last big update. That's why I included more images in last release, to be sure, we will be up to date.

That all worked a treat. I must have updated using your older 7.2.16 without the new Recovery.img

I'm now happily on China Dev 7.2.23 with a verified bootloader.

Thanks once again Papka :)

Nice to hear.
Now Toolbox is able to do complete flash of ROM, excluding Data partition. So in case of strange behavior, all "technical" partitions might be reflashed from there.

Hi Papka
some feedback
1- i did install the 7.2.16 xiaomi.eu based rom with your app TOOLBOX
2 - All is fine now with PLAY Services and Framework
3 - Unlock mode is set Unverified as you said

*** FIRST OF ALL THANK YOU SO MUCH ***

Next question:
How to update now the Mipad 2 in the future

1 - with your TOOLBOX it is clear that we need to dl you last package Xiaomi.eu (7.2.23)
and press Flash Rom , without doing nothing more in TOOLBOX
and let mipad 2 to make the update

2- without your ROM, are we able to use the xiaomi.eu directly renaming the file to update.zip and using Update app

3-or last case, using TWRP and as usual select the rom and flash it
but i got so many issues with flashing TWRP on mipad 2

Hi Papka
some feedback
1- i did install the 7.2.16 xiaomi.eu based rom with your app TOOLBOX
2 - All is fine now with PLAY Services and Framework
3 - Unlock mode is set Unverified as you said

*** FIRST OF ALL THANK YOU SO MUCH ***

Next question:
How to update now the Mipad 2 in the future

1 - with your TOOLBOX it is clear that we need to dl you last package Xiaomi.eu (7.2.23)
and press Flash Rom , without doing nothing more in TOOLBOX
and let mipad 2 to make the update

2- without your ROM, are we able to use the xiaomi.eu directly renaming the file to update.zip and using Update app

3-or last case, using TWRP and as usual select the rom and flash it
but i got so many issues with flashing TWRP on mipad 2

If you would like to have things, added by me - you should reflash my ROM's with Toolbox. Then you don't need TWRP and you can set bootloader to verified.
You can also flash original Xiaomi.eu via TWRP, but my add-ons, including root will disappear. Your bootloader should be in unlock state.
You can't use original OTA with Xiaomi.eu builds.

It's up to you what to choose.

Hi Papka__,

I don't know what happened, it is okay now.

What I did:
1) Reflash (I am sure I used the latest tool by you) to 7.1.16 again and update via OTA. Not working.
2) Then I redownload Tools and the ROM and did a reflash again. This time the OTA works.

So I guess, I must have a one of the component not updated properly. I hope that this will continue working.

Thanks for your effort in building the tool and ROM again!

Let me know if you need any help from me in regards to testing or gathering logs. I will be glad to help.

Hi Papka__,

I don't know what happened, it is okay now.

What I did:
1) Reflash (I am sure I used the latest tool by you) to 7.1.16 again and update via OTA. Not working.
2) Then I redownload Tools and the ROM and did a reflash again. This time the OTA works.

So I guess, I must have a one of the component not updated properly. I hope that this will continue working.

Thanks for your effort in building the tool and ROM again!

Let me know if you need any help from me in regards to testing or gathering logs. I will be glad to help.

As I wrote above, recovery was not up to date. When you used latest Tool version, that was adjusted to flash all images from ROM folder, you re-flashed also recovery. Nice to hear, that it' s working for you now.

Reactions: gearosv2
From all, that using ROM' s from this thread, would be interesting to hear:

1. What do you thing about bigger grid (5x6)?
2. Would anyone interested to have Dolby atmos on device? I'm going to try to add it.

2. Would anyone interested to have Dolby atmos on device? I'm going to try to add it.

Hi Papka,
Maybe I'm stupid but I'm unsure what you mean by "bigger grid (5x6)"
I'm uninterested in Dolby Atmos on the device as the only sound app's I use is for YouTube.

Thanks for all your dedication, hard work and help!
Steven

1. Yes, I prefer the bigger grid.
2. I don't mind testing as long as I can keep my game data. Hehe

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Tapatalk

Seems like this week's weekly update broke the gapps again. Zzz. Anyone else except me b has this issue?

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Tapatalk