Guide Step By Step To Update To Android 7?

Elisab

Members
Apr 22, 2016
Dearest,
I'm not so expert to do this kind of operation.
Please where can I find a guide step by step to do this operation?

Or sameone could write to me how to do...
My Rom is 6.12.22 MIUI 8.2

Thanks you in advance

Ok, I red all this...my phone is just unloked,but I don't know how to
"Install TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"

In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP"
Do I this via phone or I need pc?

I try to do it and in the pictures the result............
I think not happen.......... Cattura1.PNG Screenshot_2017-02-25-19-45-00-321_com.android.settings.png

Ok, I red all this...my phone is just unloked,but I don't know how to
"Install TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"

In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP"
Do I this via phone or I need pc?
Via pc

Thank you very much for your answer.
You are very kind!
Another question
Where can I downolad android 7?

From here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=156151
How to upgrade from Android 5.1 to Android 7.0 MI4C, Mi4S, MINote PRO:
Install MIUI 6.12.22 before updating to Android 7.0..
Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip
Unlock your bootloader again on Mi4C, Mi4S, MiNotePRO
(check your bootloader status by command "fastboot oem device-info")
Install TWRP for 7.0 via fastboot "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" "fastboot boot twrp.img"
In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP
For ROOT use latest SuperSU

7.2.24 RELEASED!
(Fixed misterious "Performance FC")

Screenshot_2017-02-26-11-23-16-033_com.quoord.tapatalkHD.png

Hi, I did all the list...........but nothing happen.
There's something wrong, but I dont undestand
I have yet android 5.1.1 and rom 6.12.22..............

Hi, here's a more detailed guide on how to update from 5.1 to 7.0 android.
Warning: Your BOOTLOADER will be relocked after upgrade from Android 5.1 to Android 7.0 and you will have to apply to xiaomi for unlock permmision. After you apply and receive the sms from xiaomi you will have to unlock your bootloader with Mi Flash Unlock app and then you will be able to install TWRP 3.0.3.0 and only then you will be able to install new updates.

I'm guessing you don't have TWRP installed yet. From the image you posted you tried to install TWRP 3.0.3.0, but this works only if you have android 7.0 installed, it doesn't work under android 5.1.1.
0. Download the new miui version thet you want to install eg. Miui 8.3 7.2.23 android 7.0 see download link https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=156817 and download file xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_7.2.23_v8-7.0.zip
00. Copy the file into your phone for example into your download folder in the phone.
000. I'm guessing you have installed adb (ussualy C:\ADB)

1. You have to install TWRP 3.0.2.0. Here is the link, download it- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24572369242686317
2. Copy the file "twrp-3.0.2-0-libra-aqua-20160612.img" into your adb folder and start cmd window into adb folder (press SHIFT+ right click mouse and you should see an option: open command window in here)
3. enable USB debugging and connect the phone to the pc
3.1 check if adb is working from cmd window - adb devices
3.2 you should see a code
4. reboot bootloader from cmd window - adb reboot bootloader
5. now you should see the fastboot rabbit - check to see if fastboot is detecting your phone from cmd window - fastboot devices
Now you shoud see the same code from 3.2
6. install TWRP or you can just boot into twrp, but it is better to have it installed -
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-libra-aqua-20160612.img
or you can just boot into recovery without installing by the command:
fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-libra-aqua-20160612.img
7. now you should be able to enter into the TWRP recovery
8. go to install and look for the folder where you copied xiaomi.eu_multi_MI4c_7.2.23_v8-7.0.zip
9. select the file and install: see the uploaded image
10. two red errors will appear, but the image will be installed
11. after the file is installed you will see two options wipe cache/dalvik and reboot system
12. press wipe cache/dalvik
13. when its finnished with wipe you should see the option to reboot system
14. it will ask if you want to install super su, hit the button do not install, because if you swipe to install super su it will cause errors and posible brick
15. first boot will take a little longer 5-10 minutes.
16. you bootloader is now locked, because you updated from android 5.1 to android 7.0 you will have to apply to xiaomi for unlock permmision.
17. after you apply and receive the sms from xiaomi you will have to unlock your bootloader and then you will be able to install TWRP 3.0.3.0 and only then you will be able to install new updates.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Attachments

• TWRP-Screenshot.jpg
    TWRP-Screenshot.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 331
Reactions: vladpaul
17. after you apply and receive the sms from xiaomi you will have to unlock your bootloader and then you will be able to install TWRP 3.0.3.0 and only then you will be able to install new updates.

I flashed 7.2.9 and now have a locked bootloader after upgrading from 5.1. Is it possible to downgrade to version 6.12.22 somehow and follow your procedure after reverting to 5.1 (hopefully re-enabling my previous unlocked bootloader) - or is the official unlock SMS from Xiaomi my absolutely last chance for ever updating my Mi4C again?

Thanks you, your guide is fantastic!
Well I did all and all work well.

Now, where I can download TWRP 3.0.3 and Rom 7.2.24?

Thanks you very much

Don't worry,
Now Android 7 work and I installed TWRP 3.03, I have 2 problems.
1- When I come bak to main page from an app a blak page whit writen "uploading louncher" appears for 1 second.Is it normal? Is it a bug? Before dodn't happen
2- When I connect the phon with pc I'm not be able to see all foldres as before........(see pic)
Now it ask me USB for MTP or PTP,
Can you help me another time??
Many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-04-20-30-51-715_com.android.fileexplorer.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-04-20-30-51-715_com.android.fileexplorer.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited: