Redmi 3 Pro - Pin & Google Playstore Issue

Kornkid

Members
Feb 26, 2017
I set up a 4 digit PIN and fingerprint scan on my Redmi 3 Pro.
One day, my PIN stops working and I can only unlock my phone using the finger print scanner. I do not have the option for 'Forgot Pin/Password' on the PIN input page. It seems like a system issue where my PIN changed.
I tried to factory reset my phone but it requires a PIN.
I tried to reboot my phone in recovery mode to see what my options are but I am not able to flash a new ROM through there. I tried Googling and for some reason the screens that other people see on their phone is different from what I see when. Maybe my phone has a different ROM installed.

My phone details:
Android Version - 5.1.1 LMY47V
MIUI Version - MIUI Global 7.3 Stable - 7.3.2.0.0

Also, I constantly have issues with my Google Playstore where I have authentication error or error retrieving from server.
I tried the usual method of clearing cache, delete data, force stop but it happens on a weekly basis. A Google Playstore update also seems to be triggering this issue.

If someone could guide me on what ROM I need to install on my phone, what to do with the PIN and why I am constantly having Google Playstore issues.

Also, I reside in Canada but Canada or USA is not an option in the list of countries. Do I need to install a different ROM for this?
Thank you!

I set up a 4 digit PIN and fingerprint scan on my Redmi 3 Pro.
One day, my PIN stops working and I can only unlock my phone using the finger print scanner. I do not have the option for 'Forgot Pin/Password' on the PIN input page. It seems like a system issue where my PIN changed.
I tried to factory reset my phone but it requires a PIN.
I tried to reboot my phone in recovery mode to see what my options are but I am not able to flash a new ROM through there. I tried Googling and for some reason the screens that other people see on their phone is different from what I see when. Maybe my phone has a different ROM installed.

My phone details:
Android Version - 5.1.1 LMY47V
MIUI Version - MIUI Global 7.3 Stable - 7.3.2.0.0

Also, I constantly have issues with my Google Playstore where I have authentication error or error retrieving from server.
I tried the usual method of clearing cache, delete data, force stop but it happens on a weekly basis. A Google Playstore update also seems to be triggering this issue.

If someone could guide me on what ROM I need to install on my phone, what to do with the PIN and why I am constantly having Google Playstore issues.

Also, I reside in Canada but Canada or USA is not an option in the list of countries. Do I need to install a different ROM for this?
Thank you!

Hello and welcome. You have to know that this is an unofficial xiaomi forum if you didn't see yet.

You are using an unofficial vendor rom. That will cause troubles as you don't know ehats implemented (adware, chunk... ): http://en.miui.com/thread-364796-1-1.html

we had the procedure to change to official rom and then xiaomi.eu rom there if you want: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/no-response-after-unlocking-the-screen-ads.38010/#post-350293

i can't help with the password issue. you'd better google that as it probably is rom specific.

when you changed to official rom i would wipe everything including internal storage to get rid of the rests of the vendor rom.

in any case do backups to sd card or computer first.

please mark your thread as solved when you succeed.

greetz from austria