Does Xiaomi Have Spyware In Their Phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sere83

Members
Mar 20, 2012
So i'm at work in the UK. The guy who manages our network just came over and asked me why there was a xiaomi phone on the companies wifi network sending IMEI number and packets of encrypted data to chinese servers??!

I sold a girl at work a mi4i which i bought form the official singapore xiaomi store when i was out there. This is the cause.

So are xiaomi spying? And how do you to stop it....

So i'm at work in the UK. The guy who manages our network just came over and asked me why there was a xiaomi phone on the companies wifi network sending IMEI number and packets of encrypted data to chinese servers??!

I sold a girl at work a mi4i which i bought form the official singapore xiaomi store when i was out there. This is the cause.

So are xiaomi spying? And how do you to stop it....
You can opt in sending user experience and diagnostic information. I think it can be the cause. They are on by default if you don't disable them during installation.

Settings, Advanced settings, Privacy, and scroll down for user experience program.

You can opt in sending user experience and diagnostic information. I think it can be the cause. They are on by default if you don't disable them during installation.

Settings, Advanced settings, Privacy, and scroll down for user experience program.

Thanks just checked though , user experience programme already turned off though.

Thanks just checked though , user experience programme already turned off though.
What device and what rom version?
Screenshot of the about phone please.
and can you check if it can update through updater app if it has vendor rom installed instead of official rom.

What device and what rom version?
Screenshot of the about phone please.
and can you check if it can update through updater app if it has vendor rom installed instead of official rom.

Xiaomi mi4i, no vendor rom, official singapore global firmware, purchased from official singapore store, latest rom version.

Cloud stuff sends info and backups to Xiaomi servers. You should be able to disable all those and can Sign out Mi account. You should not enable Mi message thing, it sends SMS-messages through chinese servers.

Official Xiaomi roms have AnalyticsCore.apk update app which could be unsecure, xiaomi.eu roms do not have it.

Reactions: iamme729 and dogiex
Cloud stuff sends info and backups to Xiaomi servers. You should be able to disable all those and can Sign out Mi account. You should not enable Mi message thing, it sends SMS-messages through chinese servers.

Official Xiaomi roms have AnalyticsCore.apk update app which could be unsecure, xiaomi.eu roms do not have it.

Mi account is not signed in....

Only if you buy phones from unknown sites...

Phone is bought from official Mi Singapore store with official mi rom, never altered.

Mi account is not signed in....
That Mi Message thing might work without signing in Mi account, check Settings/System apps/Messaging. Then there is User experience program and Send diagnostic data options in Settings/Additional settings/Privacy.

Only if you buy phones from unknown sites...
I have purchased mine Mi5s from official store, and phone comes with official Global Stable, but after some days, phone downloaded Analytics.apk file and installed automatically without my intervention. The same with one app for ads too..

Status
Not open for further replies.