Nfc Not Working On 8.0.10.0 Stable

eddimi

Members
Feb 27, 2017
Hi, I am new to the Mi5S as I am to this forum. I already searched but did not find anything on NFC problems. Though ON, NFC seems to be not working, I tried 3 different apps. Any ideas? Thanks

You sir have a vendor rom, I suggest you apply for unlock of bootloader at en.miui.com and after that flash official rom

Skickat från min MI 5s Plus via Tapatalk

Oh right that was the older version of stable.

Why don't you try out V8.0.4.0 it's the latest for mi5s plus

Skickat från min MI 5s Plus via Tapatalk

I do not have the plus, just the Mi5S.
I know that there is 8.2.2.0 stable but I do not want to sit again for hours and reinstall my apps. Except I would know that NFC works in 8.2.2

Thanks. One more question: I usually do TWRP-Backups before flashing new roms, usually SYSTEM and DATA. With Mi5S I am not sure which partitions to backup. There are 13 partitions...

Edit: updated to 8.2.2.0 stable - NFC still not working. Anyone using NFC here?

Last edited:
Yo, Just bumping this thread. Using Mi 5 with MIUI 8.1.2.0 (latest I have access to)

Just to say that I am having this problem as well.
No NFC applications will work, android beam is broken, as is Android Pay. This is very frustrating.
But I guess Xiaomi doesn't give a **** about EU customers so :/

Hi, bumping post!
I'm on 8.3 .eu 7.5.4 weekly and same problem, but the NFC works,not always but works.
I have a 2nd mi5s and i can send images,etc via bump, but i can't pair bluetooth with the NFCs on card nor in a portable speaker.

I hope with the Nougat update all works!