Fixed - Google App/Launcher3 FC when searching
Fixed - Random Google App/Launcher3 FC
Optimized - GPS Fix

in 7.1.19 gps precision is around 40m . Test at window mi5 vs s4

Attachments

• gpsmi5s4.jpg
    gpsmi5s4.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 686
The GPS will newer work well with the Mi 5, you cannot fix a bad antenna design with software.

The problem is simple, my LG Flex 2 sees 27 satellites whereas my Mi 5 at the same spot only sees 16. And because the signal strenght bars on the Mi 5 are less strong (not many green ones, highest I saw is 33), you will have a working GPS but it is not exact and not accurate.

So please stop telling people it is working fine. Fine is when you see 27 satellites, not when you see 16 or 12.

A cheap 90 Dollar MediaTek phone has a 5 times better GPS reception than this flagship phone with 3m accuracy. The best I ever owned was the Mlais MX58 Turbo, it was amazingly accurate with 2m. Even my LG Flex 2 can do 3 to 4 m accuracy. If you need an accurate GPS, go and buy the Homtom HT20, it has no fancy hardware but it will be water and dust proof for only 100 dollars and the accuracy is 2m.

The best I get from the Mi 5 is 9 m accuracy. And this is achieved with the Global Stable 8.1.4.0. With the Xiaomi.eu 7.2.23, the accuracy was as bad as 20m. Therefore I switched back to Global Stable 8.1.4.0 and I will stay on this build from now on.

Last edited:
Sorry but i don't think to a hardware error....why ? See this screeshot, it's my Mi5, same mi5 with max 10 sat i see with MIUI
This screenshot is made with LINEAGE OS first release in january ...so where is bad design ? :)

go xiaomi work to make better software !! we are waiting....

lineage.mi5.jpg

Reactions: fredheriko
I used GPS extensivly on my holiday trip ( last 6 weeks) throughout South Africa without any problems. Now back home i updated to latest version 7.2.23 and have a fix within 15 sec. During vacation i was on 7.1.12. MI5 3/32

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-26-18-04-06-619_com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-26-18-04-06-619_com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 586
Last edited:
Reactions: fredheriko
The GPS will newer work well with the Mi 5, you cannot fix a bad antenna design with software.

The problem is simple, my LG Flex 2 sees 27 satellites whereas my Mi 5 at the same spot only sees 16. And because the signal strenght bars on the Mi 5 are less strong (not many green ones, highest I saw is 33), you will have a working GPS but it is not exact and not accurate.

So please stop telling people it is working fine. Fine is when you see 27 satellites, not when you see 16 or 12.

A cheap 90 Dollar MediaTek phone has a 5 times better GPS reception than this flagship phone with 3m accuracy. The best I ever owned was the Mlais MX58 Turbo, it was amazingly accurate with 2m. Even my LG Flex 2 can do 3 to 4 m accuracy. If you need an accurate GPS, go and buy the Homtom HT20, it has no fancy hardware but it will be water and dust proof for only 100 dollars and the accuracy is 2m.

The best I get from the Mi 5 is 9 m accuracy. And this is achieved with the Global Stable 8.1.4.0. With the Xiaomi.eu 7.2.23, the accuracy was as bad as 20m. Therefore I switched back to Global Stable 8.1.4.0 and I will stay on this build from now on.

You should do your homework about GPS positioning. :) It doesn't matter if you see 100 or only 16. If you get a fix and decent accuracy it WILL WORK.

In miui 7 you get a lot of satellites connected and also 3m accuracy. Tested with 2 devices. Mi5 64Gb each.

Maybe your device is a lemon... but just because 1 device in Million devices is not on par with your expectations, you cannot say it's a design flaw and it will not work.

I have Mi5 since the launch and it's never let me down as Connection, power, satellites, accuracy. Nougat is the culprit here and made some GPS positioning problems. But it will be fixed. Someday!

You are on GLOBAL you say... soon I will read from you that MI5 have an awefull sound, not to loud, not too special, and also a cheap 40$ phone can beat mi5 at sound category. WRONG... you tested all the bad roms ever.. and you have no comparison.

Stop throwing with mud in a nice and almost perfect device (hardware wise).. you got to use it with the wrong ROM's!

Reactions: fmcheetah
Which rom is best for you? Today updated to 7.2.24.... 12 sat not fast but better.

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Well I paid premium for the Mi 5 Pro 128GB and my GPS did not work accurate no matter what ROM I tried.

This is 100% a hardware issue. I do not receive strong signals from the satellites. Plus it could also be an issue caused by the ceramics back.

Well I paid premium for the Mi 5 Pro 128GB and my GPS did not work accurate no matter what ROM I tried.

This is 100% a hardware issue. I do not receive strong signals from the satellites. Plus it could also be an issue caused by the ceramics back.

On the same logic of yours it's like you have payed for Bugatti Beiron and you complain to factory management that you cannot achieve the full speed. And they tell you NOT to put the cheapest fuel ever! Just because you payed for premium!

Install Xiaomi.eu 6.5.30 dev Rom and you will see what I'm talking about.

Of course the GPS works, but is not accurate (meaning not exact). Please stop posting that the GPS works, we all know it works.

The point is: It is not useful for exact navigation and disabling the Miui Optimization in Developer options does not fix this.

Do you know why the new Mi 5c is sold with GPS optimization? Because all other Mi 5 phones are simply not accurate for sat navigation. It is okay for telling you ah I am in Germany or France, but for turn by turn car navigation, forget about using the Mi 5. You will drive of a cliff in no time.

Dude!! Install Miui 7 and you will see that it ACTUALLY WORKS.

If you are a NOUGAT fan... then suck a lemon and wait for a fix. MIUI 7.5.9.0 its one of the best roms for Mi5.

I use it for last 1 year with success. As I told you... maybe you have a defect piece.. but for the rest of the world and MI5 users... that s**t is really WORKING.

You are the only one bitching.. so please... leave it like this.. The word is not changing because you payed premium, and don't know how to use it.