Mi Device Lock With Nougat Update

_Sal_

Members
Oct 20, 2016
Will all future xiaomi.eu nougat updates always lock my mi4c? Why didn't this happen with marshmallow updates? Is it something that xiaomi.eu has still to work on?

Yes, Xiaomi EU its working on future updates.

What you should do its, apply to xiaomi here: http://en.miui.com/unlock/
yes, I already did that and got the xiaomi sms answer. Thanks but i'm reading other posts and it seems that the 7.2.9 update is still giving heating problems on the mi4c when making calls. So, i really don't know what to do.

there's no 7.2.23 for Mi4c. Now i have the 7.2.16 on, but i still find eccessive battery usage and still some back heating when viewing videos.
7.2.23 for mi4c here
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=156817

Screenshot_2017-02-27-17-14-52-715_com.android.chrome.png

Hello to everyone. I own a Mi4C and I've always been very happy with it till the day I've decided to put Nougat on it. I've flashed the MIUI 8 7.2.16 and everything went fine with the update but I can't unlock the bootloader anymore (obviously because of the well known 50% issue).
I've been granted the unlock authorization from Xiaomi a week or so ago, the account saved on the device is the same which I use to unlock it with miflash_unlock which is supposed to be the latest version (1.1.1111.11231) downloaded from the Xiaomi site, the Find Device service works flawlessly and the fastboot drivers are perfectly working.
I've tried EVERYTHING I could included what's adviced here and also many dumb and useless advices (I knew that since the beginning but I'm so desperate that I've tried those too) like changing the device saved in your profile on official Xiaomi forums to resemble the one you actually own.
I'm desperate! Being unable to unlock the BL means I would be stuck where I am now forever... What's very strange is that in developers options I don't have the unlock status row, only the oem unlock one towards it which I've activated to no avail.
Also, I was reading on the Xiaomi official support FAQs something which has made me think a lot:

2) Settings---> Additional settings---> Developer option and bind your approved Mi account under Mi Unlock Status. This works on latest China & Global Stable and Developer ROM. For those who don't see this option please check out next tutorial and unlock in Developer ROM

It seems that only developer roms can be unlocked. What if mine isn't??? It makes sense considering that I'm missing some options from the developer options but then what could I do?
I really miss the good old times when I owned many different smartphones from the Xperia line and just making an unlock request on the Sony Developers World site was enough to get, in a couple of minutes (not days), an unlock key to use with the help of Minimal ADB and fastboot! :(
Why does Xiaomi use such an idiotic method to just unlock a smartphone??? Is it intended just to force you to upload your info on the MiCloud? I don't know what else to think and this really lowers a lot my appreciation and respect towards Xiaomi and its products.
Thanks to everyone for your advices and have a good day! :)