• new rom

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • settings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jpenzo

Members
Nov 13, 2012
I bought the Mi NOTE 2 in the version GLOBAL meaning all 4G/4G+ LTE Worldwilde Frequencies

It came with the CHINESE Version, i did the BOOTLOADER unlock process : OK
I flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM to get the Multilanguage : OK too
This phone was for my cousin, so i gave him without testing the phone features (calls, data, 3g, 4g , 4g+....)

After few days, we found that the phone didn't not work properly :
some issues with SMS ; MMS, no internet access over DATA, no 4G and no 4G+

i flashed the ROM of last week 7.2.23
after this update, SMS / MMS is now working BUT the LTE MODE /4G is not working
I CAN NOT MAKE ANY CALL when the phone is set to LTE Prefered mode

the only way to make call and Data is to set it to 3G
it is a pity to have the GLOBAL Version of the MI NOTE 2 , blocked in the 3G mode !!!

Dear Xiaomi.eu Developers , can you revert to me about this issue
and are you aware about the major issue on your MI NOTE 2 Rom

I suppose that the original ROM (China ROM) is OK , because no claim in their forum

I own the so called “China Version” of Mi Note 2, whom is usually “blamed” to be missing the LTE 800 band, and I’m using it without any problems in my country with LTE options and the weekly ROM.

Everything is possible of course, but your description of the problem reminds me what happened to me a while ago with an older RedMi: I got the exact same issues (plus some other with SIM Activation) and It all was related to the wrong version of TWRP and the wrong ROM version.

Before going down the rabbit hole and starting to think that the phone is defective I would suggest you to try a couple of things:

1) Download the XIAOMI (COM) official Global ROM and try to install it. Check if LTE and other things are working.

2) You may end up with a re-locked bootloader by doing so (not sure, but it’s a possibility) so if everything works before going on you must redo the unlocking.

3) Try then to re-flash the TWRP. Please keep in mind that with Custom Recovery the axiom “the newer the better” is not always true! Many times I have ended up keeping and using an “older” version of TWRP simply because it was working flawlessy on that specific device.

4) Il the latest TWRP with the XIAOMI EU Global ROM exposes the LTE problem again (supposedly resolved at step 1) then you should downgrade the TWRP.

5) If a downgraded TWPR with XIAOMI EU Global ROM shows no problems then you should try moving to the Weekly edition, just to complete the test serie.

Of course if the problem persists after the 1st point then it may be a strong indicator that something is wrong with the terminal.

Reactions: Badrsj
Thank for your help
But good news :

Xiaomi CHINA released the GLOBAL ROM for the MiNote 2 because this phone has been launched in Taiwan recently , and therefore in taiwan they need to work with all the same frequencies as Europe 800mhz LTE...
Maybe it was the reason why it does not work China ROM doesn't not need all those frequencies
i will get the phone tomorrow , so i will make the fastboot with the GLOBAL ROM
and keep you inform

i have the same issue and new rom
but i have the same problem... when am on 4G and am trying to call nothing happens and i cant get any calls only when switching to 3g as preferd

Bonjour,

Suite au même souci que vous avec mon Mi note 2, je me suis rendu compte que le problème venait de chez Free...Aucunes solutions avec la ROM chinoise ou autre, j'ai dû simplement changer d'opérateur et mes problèmes d'émission ou de réception d'appels en 4g ont été résolus.
J'ai donc pris un abonnement B&YOU et depuis plus aucuns soucis.

Reactions: Adrien R
Hello,

I had the same concern as you and the only solution found was to change mobile operator ... the problem came from the frequency of emission of antennas. Since no worries of calls in 4G

YES , the problem is coming from the MI NOTE GLOBAL EDITON

Even with the XIAOMI CHINA GLOBAL ROM last version
THIS PHONE DO NOT WORK with SFR + FREE
ONLY THE PROVIDER BOUYGUES , it is TOTALLY ABNORMAL

I don't know if it a PURE ISSUE from HARDWARE or SOFTWARE ,
i called IBUYGOU (my reseller) and they said please send it back to our Technical Center in EUROPE
but i am sure that they will not find the problem if their NETWORK is similar as BOUYGUES in that case , the 4G mode will work

i am fedup / tired with the XIAOMI Phones and this SURPRISE , i paid this phone 600 USD and it doesn't not work as it should be. In FRANCE now you can get the S7 EDGE for 500€ and 2 year of warranty FULL 4G/LTE Frequencies IP68
SD 256gb .... THIS IS THE BEST CHOICE

But i need to solve my problem

Xiaomi TEAM & MODERATOR
Can you revert to us !!!!

Reactions: Barthélemy
I have 4 xiaomi phones and all works and are compatible with LTE/4G network here in Denmark. Tried on Telenor, 3, Teledenmark/Yousee, Telia. Volte doas not work but it's impossible to find out if it's due to NMT or miui. It is known problem that xiaomi phones don't support 4g band 20, but to me 4g with low frequency and low speed is a joke I don't need it.

How to tell difference between the global and China versions

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

How to tell difference between the global and China versions

The global edition offers global LTE bands that has over 6
types and 37 bands and 6GB + 128GB ultra-fast, high capacity memory options.
Standard edition offers 3 GSM bands, 6 UMTS bands, 9 LTE bands, and 1 CDMA band.
No other defences

The global edition offers global LTE bands that has over 6
types and 37 bands and 6GB + 128GB ultra-fast, high capacity memory options.
Standard edition offers 3 GSM bands, 6 UMTS bands, 9 LTE bands, and 1 CDMA band.
No other defences
Question is how does one check what device I have because eBay and Gear best are selling vendor roms, possibly in Chinese devices

guys (for jpEnzo)
I bought this Note2 Globale version and I'm using since several months with no any issues with 2 differents providers SFR+Bouygues (in FRANCE)
It works perfectly with LTE 4G+ (ROM eu Miui last version)
I just observed that if I switch of providers to surf in internet, some time I need to power off/on it, to be sure to have 4G+ (some time it's stay in 3G)

rgds,

Question is how does one check what device I have because eBay and Gear best are selling vendor roms, possibly in Chinese devices

All versions of Mi note 2 are only for Chinese market even the global one. Well...until recently because mi note 2 are seling now in Saudi Arabian too, officially. That's why a global room is released. To my understanding the global version of mi note 2 is for Chinese who wants to travel with the mobile compatible with all network types. It has nothing to do with which ROM version it comes with. Only mi note 2 global version comes with 6 + 128 GB ram

Reactions: Badrsj
Hello everyone, sorry to post it here but I have a little trouble with the mode "do not disturb", when it is activated the notifications and the calls do not ring but the messages yes ... someone Does he have a solution please?

Phone verification can be done here based on imei or serial nr. Reply is in Chinese. Copy reply ant translate with Google translate. Go to https://www.mi.com/verify/#imei en for verification.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi Note 2 met Tapatalk

I own the so called “China Version” of Mi Note 2, whom is usually “blamed” to be missing the LTE 800 band, and I’m using it without any problems in my country with LTE options and the weekly ROM.

Everything is possible of course, but your description of the problem reminds me what happened to me a while ago with an older RedMi: I got the exact same issues (plus some other with SIM Activation) and It all was related to the wrong version of TWRP and the wrong ROM version.

Before going down the rabbit hole and starting to think that the phone is defective I would suggest you to try a couple of things:

1) Download the XIAOMI (COM) official Global ROM and try to install it. Check if LTE and other things are working.

2) You may end up with a re-locked bootloader by doing so (not sure, but it’s a possibility) so if everything works before going on you must redo the unlocking.

3) Try then to re-flash the TWRP. Please keep in mind that with Custom Recovery the axiom “the newer the better” is not always true! Many times I have ended up keeping and using an “older” version of TWRP simply because it was working flawlessy on that specific device.

4) Il the latest TWRP with the XIAOMI EU Global ROM exposes the LTE problem again (supposedly resolved at step 1) then you should downgrade the TWRP.

5) If a downgraded TWPR with XIAOMI EU Global ROM shows no problems then you should try moving to the Weekly edition, just to complete the test serie.

Of course if the problem persists after the 1st point then it may be a strong indicator that something is wrong with the terminal.
Which version of Twrp works? Is downgrading sufficient or do I have to go also back to official global rom too. Any idea if the problem might be related to the origin of the eu rom which is derived from the Chinese rom with incorrect NV ram?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi Note 2 met Tapatalk

I bought the Mi NOTE 2 in the version GLOBAL meaning all 4G/4G+ LTE Worldwilde Frequencies

It came with the CHINESE Version, i did the BOOTLOADER unlock process : OK
I flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM to get the Multilanguage : OK too
This phone was for my cousin, so i gave him without testing the phone features (calls, data, 3g, 4g , 4g+....)

After few days, we found that the phone didn't not work properly :
some issues with SMS ; MMS, no internet access over DATA, no 4G and no 4G+

i flashed the ROM of last week 7.2.23
after this update, SMS / MMS is now working BUT the LTE MODE /4G is not working
I CAN NOT MAKE ANY CALL when the phone is set to LTE Prefered mode

the only way to make call and Data is to set it to 3G
it is a pity to have the GLOBAL Version of the MI NOTE 2 , blocked in the 3G mode !!!

Dear Xiaomi.eu Developers , can you revert to me about this issue
and are you aware about the major issue on your MI NOTE 2 Rom

I suppose that the original ROM (China ROM) is OK , because no claim in their forum
For LTE support the sim has to be in sim slot 2.