Universal Tool For Managing Mipad 2

Thanks for the tool.
My present bootloader state is 'unlocked'

I have unzipped the "xiaomi.eu_multi_MIPAD2_7.4.20_v8-5.1" in the rom folder of toolbox

At step 7 the toolbox shows:
"Bootloader flash done."
"System image not found."
"Boot flash done."

What do i do wrong?

I am also not able to get in TWRP by volume+ and the power button. I will go to the MI-recovery mode

Last edited:
Thanks for the tool.
My present bootloader state is 'unlocked'

I have unzipped the "xiaomi.eu_multi_MIPAD2_7.4.20_v8-5.1" in the rom folder of toolbox

At step 7 the toolbox shows:
"Bootloader flash done."
"System image not found."
"Boot flash done."

What do i do wrong?

I am also not able to get in TWRP by volume+ and the power button. I will go to the MI-recovery mode

The tool does not work for me (Windows 10 x64, Creators Update)
Command line window opens and is resized, but only a blank screen with blinking cursor is shown...

//edit: uninstalling "minimal adb and fastboot" from xda fixed it

Last edited:
Hi, thank you developer for your awesome work. I have a question: if the device is wiped or the EU rom updated, do I need to apply again all the fixes with your tool?

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, thank you developer for your awesome work. I have a question: if the device is wiped or the EU rom updated, do I need to apply again all the fixes with your tool?

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

No. Fixed should be applied one time. After that - updates only.

Reactions: Pierosho
Dear Papka__,
First, I'd like to tank you. This tool works very well for me.
I have a Mipad 2, 16gb, running Miui EU (your img). Since I bought, It has what I think may be a bug. Whenever It goes to sleep mode, alter some idle time, I can't get it on just pushing power button. In order to start again I have to reboot the tablet pushing power button for several seconds.
Do you have any idea on how to fix It? I tried several ROMs, including official chinese, but the problem still goes.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Dear Papka__,
First, I'd like to tank you. This tool works very well for me.
I have a Mipad 2, 16gb, running Miui EU (your img). Since I bought, It has what I think may be a bug. Whenever It goes to sleep mode, alter some idle time, I can't get it on just pushing power button. In order to start again I have to reboot the tablet pushing power button for several seconds.
Do you have any idea on how to fix It? I tried several ROMs, including official chinese, but the problem still goes.

Thank you.

I suggest you to take a latest China fastboot ROM (stable or dev no matter). Extract ALL images + RECOVERY to ROM folder of the Toolbox. Flash your device, format DATA, boot in Android and setup device. Then flash over latest Xiaomi.eu ROM from my post and format DATA again. Boot, setup and check if same problem will reappear. If yes - then it's something wrong with hardware. I heard about couple of such cases. This occur on any ROM then.

I suggest you to take a latest China fastboot ROM (stable or dev no matter). Extract ALL images + RECOVERY to ROM folder of the Toolbox. Flash your device, format DATA, boot in Android and setup device. Then flash over latest Xiaomi.eu ROM from my post and format DATA again. Boot, setup and check if same problem will reappear. If yes - then it's something wrong with hardware. I heard about couple of such cases. This occur on any ROM then.

Thank you again. I'm gonga try ASAP.

Hi,

Here is a first version of universal tool for MiPad 2, that allow you
1. Change bootloader state (lock, verified, unlock) without wiping/damaging your data partition. So no format, no 963 error.
2. Allow to fix problems with Market (applications not downloading, error 963 an so on), fixing problem with entering recovery/fastboot mods with buttons combinations, fixing problems with data partition size (usually happen after moving from Windows to Android). Some of fixed will require to wipe your data partition. Be aware.
3. Flash TWRP (2.8.7.0 and 3.0.3.0 with MTP support provided with a tool, you can change this version to any another that valid for our device including original). Note, if you will flash TWRP, you need to set your bootloader state to "unlock".
4. Flash fastboot ROM (boot/bootloader/system) provided by me or original. Image files should be placed into ROM subfolder. You shouldn't care about bootloader state doing this.

This toolbox is not fixing "error 03" for unlocked bootloader! You can fix this error by flashing boot/bootloader images from Xiaomi.eu ROM (I would never do like this).
Nore, that valid Windows drivers added to Driver subfolder. You don't need to search for them.

Idea of that toolbox was to have all in one. To stop you looking into multiple threads with multiple different instructions (old/new/not valid and so on). I can add other features later on request.

Download here: (...)

Version updated 14.02.2017.

That's all folks! Cheers and Mary Christmas!

PS. We survived after Christmas and New Year. From now Toolbox working from everywhere - adb/dnx/fastboot.

Man, you save me !!! :O
I have try while 5 - 6 hour to resolve the error 963 with more and more stress :(
I gift the mi tab 2 to my mother and next I see that there is this problem impossible to resolve :'(
Thank you very much for this tools that automaticaly join and launch all the necessary commands.

For everyone that have the problem (963), download the tool of the link, install Intel Driver with the EXE in the Driver folder and launch directly the tool.bat (not as administator) after connect the tablet and just type "5" and do enter.

THX

I might have bricked my Pad 2.

Current status:
If I put it on charger, or plug it into my computer, the red led starts to blink, so some electronics must be alive inside. I can not turn it on, and unfortunately Win10 does not see it. "unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"
The toolbox does not see it either, no surprise if the USB does not connect.

While I was writing this, the screen suddenly changed:
Bootloader error code 03

Start
Press Volume UP key

Fastbook
Press Volume DOWN key

I pressed DOWN, but the screen is black again.

What I did:
My Pad 2 had a problem, where after a screen lock the screen remained black for a few minutes even if you tried to unlock it. I was told a MIUI update would help, but I was not able to get into Recovery Mode. I hoped the Universal Tool would solve this.
I succesfully connected the Tool to the Pad 2, and did a Flash Recovery (option 2) a Fix entering recovery buttons (option 3), and if I was there anyway, a Fix data partition size (option 4). I did not disconect or restart between these steps.
I Exited (option 0), and a Bootloader error code 03 screen appeared. I pressed volume DOWN, and the whole screen went black.

Could someone help me?

I might have bricked my Pad 2.

Current status:
If I put it on charger, or plug it into my computer, the red led starts to blink, so some electronics must be alive inside. I can not turn it on, and unfortunately Win10 does not see it. "unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"
The toolbox does not see it either, no surprise if the USB does not connect.

While I was writing this, the screen suddenly changed:
Bootloader error code 03

Start
Press Volume UP key

Fastbook
Press Volume DOWN key

I pressed DOWN, but the screen is black again.

What I did:
My Pad 2 had a problem, where after a screen lock the screen remained black for a few minutes even if you tried to unlock it. I was told a MIUI update would help, but I was not able to get into Recovery Mode. I hoped the Universal Tool would solve this.
I succesfully connected the Tool to the Pad 2, and did a Flash Recovery (option 2) a Fix entering recovery buttons (option 3), and if I was there anyway, a Fix data partition size (option 4). I did not disconect or restart between these steps.
I Exited (option 0), and a Bootloader error code 03 screen appeared. I pressed volume DOWN, and the whole screen went black.

Could someone help me?

Download preferred for you one of my mods, put it into ROM subfolder of Universal tool and flash it from it. I suggest you to format Data partition after that. There are such option in tool.

Hi, I have the error code 963 but I'm really struggling to follow the instructions for the toolbox, I'm not techy at all and a lot of this thread is way over my head. Does anyone know anywhere in the UK I can take my Mi Pad 2 for someone to run this fix for me?

Hi, I have the error code 963 but I'm really struggling to follow the instructions for the toolbox, I'm not techy at all and a lot of this thread is way over my head. Does anyone know anywhere in the UK I can take my Mi Pad 2 for someone to run this fix for me?

What is your problem? Do you have TWRP installed?

SOLVED! Thanks papka__ !

Hi,

I've been trying to install TWRP for 2 days now, i can't seem to install it.
I tried this tool and set the bootloader to unlocked, then i flashed TWRP by pressing 2 in your tool and then 0 to exit (tool says it should boot to recovery when pressing 0) but it doesn't.
I always end up in BOOTLOADER ERROR 02 or 03. Tried different versions of TWRP without luck.

What i acually want is a good rom which can have Netflix installed (not available on Playstore on Mi Pad 2 due to Safetynet fails i think?)
I've read somewhere that i need to install TWRP and install "Universal SafetyNet Fix" from XDA Forum.

This is my main problem, can someone help me out?

Regards

Last edited: