New Screen Recorder Dangerous Potential Security Problem

bluswok

Members
Apr 30, 2016
I recently the noticed screen recorder app. At first glance it seem cute..i.e
for posting self explaining you tube videos etc..BUT.
this app poses a security threat which may be used by malicious app to secretly record your banking activities (password entrance) or any other private activity. I request that this app be removed from xiaomi.eu roms..I assume that xiaomi.eu and their developers respects privacy and pay attention to security flaws..

I recently the noticed screen recorder app. At first glance it seem cute..i.e
for posting self explaining you tube videos etc..BUT.
this app poses a security threat which may be used by malicious app to secretly record your banking activities (password entrance) or any other private activity. I request that this app be removed from xiaomi.eu roms..I assume that xiaomi.eu and their developers respects privacy and pay attention to security flaws..
And how is it security flaw? Give some real example if you know the flaws.

Disable the app then and deny all the permissions so it can't do anything.

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Try record bank app, is video showing it ok? (At least some apps won't work with remote control apps, might not record them to video correctly.)

And how is it security flaw? Give some real example if you know the flaws.

Disable the app then and deny all the permissions so it can't do anything.

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Well, such an answer requires hell of a wit..in today's reality. but just GOOGLE this (assume u know google)
"Due to security and privacy concerns, Apple doesn't allow any applications to record your iOS device's screen. If malicious, an app could theoretically continue recording even after you think it's off, allowing it to capture account and password information that you enter on your device."
Specifically NOTE the sentence .."..even after you think it's off...." does it ring a bell?

"Due to security and privacy concerns, Apple doesn't allow any applications to record your iOS device's screen. If malicious, an app could theoretically continue recording even after you think it's off, allowing it to capture account and password information that you enter on your device."
Specifically NOTE the sentence .."..even after you think it's off...." does it ring a bell?

Well, such an answer requires hell of a wit..in today's reality. but just GOOGLE this (assume u know google)
Well then the whole Android system is a security flaw. Disable the flaw you don't like and the problem is solved.

Device: Kate
Translator: Finnish