Newbie In Android, I Have To Choose A Rom

Byepo

Members
May 28, 2017
Hello, first of all I apologize if something is misswritten, english is not my first language.
So this monday I bought a Xiaomi Mi5 from China, it should arrive in a couple of weeks... I saw a lot of reviews and readed too and I have an idea of what methods I have to use to flash a rom, install recovery and bla bla, but now I was searching for the lastest MIUI based (or official) rom without big bugs and I honestly can't choose. Some websites and youtube videos say MIUI 8.2.2.0 official isn't great, it drains battery life and they ruined the camera and UI, others say this version is good, it aparently fixes a bug with the Play Store... I can't get a clear conclusion.
A lot of people told me to install global and a few told me about this (Xiaomi.eu) rom.

I'd like to get a nice performance but also battery life, I wanna be able to complete a day without charging (I saw people with custom roms saying their screen time is about 4 hours, but a year ago in spanish smartphone review youtube channels they said this phone was capable of doing about 6-7 hours)

Also I saw that some roms have troubles with the notifications (with the security app tweak thing alright), I'd like to get that problem solved because notifications are very important for my usage.

Thanks everybody for your time!

Install latest xiaomi.eu ROM, from scratch, not upgrading, and you will be fine. I have no battery problems neither notifications problems

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

xiaomi.eu 8.2.2.0 is excellent, though perhaps not better than xiaomi.eu 7.5.
Battery is great, camera is great.

If you don't want any xiaomi-related services on your device, then LineageOS is your first choice.