Gps Fix Has Problem

cla19841

Members
Apr 2, 2016
Hi,
I'm here because GPS Fix, also open field, is very slow...
I remember that in my device was installed Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, my GPS Sensor operate very fine even inside my home (Found 4 to 9 satellites and in open field around 20 satellites) ! Now, when I'm near windows, GPS doesn't work and in open field, does a lot of work and sometimes I need to turn off and turn on again the gps...
I'm obliged to use an external bluetooth gps antenna for a quick fix but it is very uncomfortable especially knowing that my phone's internal sensor works fine
Are there any patches or methods to resolve this problem?.
Thanks in advance
Claudio

Hi,
I'm here because GPS Fix, also open field, is very slow...
I remember that in my device was installed Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, my GPS Sensor operate very fine even inside my home (Found 4 to 9 satellites and in open field around 20 satellites) ! Now, when I'm near windows, GPS doesn't work and in open field, does a lot of work and sometimes I need to turn off and turn on again the gps...
I'm obliged to use an external bluetooth gps antenna for a quick fix but it is very uncomfortable especially knowing that my phone's internal sensor works fine
Are there any patches or methods to resolve this problem?.
Thanks in advance
Claudio
Same problem here!

Reactions: Holliefant
I am quite happy to hear that I am not alone with this problem. For sports I now use an old Galaxy S3 because with my mi4s the gps is way to bad. Used to be superb but now it is almost not working at all.

Same here, I've had location issues for a few days. I tried everything I found online (set automatic date & time zone, check apps permissions, european ntp server, complete phone reset... NOTHING WORKED.

Anyone tried the stable 7.0 xiaomi.eu release? Any improvement regarding GPS?!

Gesendet von meinem MI 4S mit Tapatalk

Anyone tried the stable 7.0 xiaomi.eu release? Any improvement regarding GPS?!

no problem for me,
resources-game fine, ingress fine and other gps game related no issue at all

Could you post a screenshot from a GPS test app?

here
8e9084646af07bf15684fc15f1e97156.jpg

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk