Will The Upgrade To 6 Or 7 Android On Rmn 2?

Xiaomi does not like rn2, does not want to update or release the sources, money thrown into the toilet for a device with a very low battery life, useless ....

Xiaomi are NOT interested in support devices with OS updates... They only ever seem to focus on MIUI updates.... FORGET Android OS or security updates... But then just look at all the BLOATWARE in Miui... They are to busy trying to be APPLE..... I rarely use the SO called features and always install my prefered apps....

As yet not found a flawless custom rom due to Xiaomi's lack of releasing source code etc.

Xiaomi is dying, no direction on the company

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
TOTALLY AGREE..

They are simply not interested in anything other than MIUI updates and sales.... they are TRYING TO BE APPLE as a company...

We LOVE their devices but have now stopped buying them as their support and updates are SHOCKING..

Am sure theirs Developers go to kindergarten and are paid in chocolate as thats the only explanation for the CONSTANT ignoring of reported bugs and the continuing increase in bugs in their roms.....

The RMN2 is a fantastic device as are all there devices(we have a alot of them) but they are not interested in actually doing the work to update the important parts(OS updates) or listening to users and fixing bugs..

TOTALLY AGREE..

They are simply not interested in anything other than MIUI updates and sales.... they are TRYING TO BE APPLE as a company...

We LOVE their devices but have now stopped buying them as their support and updates are SHOCKING..

Am sure theirs Developers go to kindergarten and are paid in chocolate as thats the only explanation for the CONSTANT ignoring of reported bugs and the continuing increase in bugs in their roms.....

The RMN2 is a fantastic device as are all there devices(we have a alot of them) but they are not interested in actually doing the work to update the important parts(OS updates) or listening to users and fixing bugs..
Who stop? I dont care about it.
Xiaomi not update android version on MTK!
No support from xiaomi to redmi note 2? Why you lie?
Support still. Phone from 2015 and we have 2017 and still updates miui weekly and nightly. ..Samsung or htc support like this cheap phones? Rn2 is low end phone and have a support

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

Who stop? I dont care about it.
Xiaomi not update android version on MTK!
No support from xiaomi to redmi note 2? Why you lie?
Support still. Phone from 2015 and we have 2017 and still updates miui weekly and nightly. ..Samsung or htc support like this cheap phones? Rn2 is low end phone and have a support

Xiaomi have not once update the RN2 all they EVER do is update their UI and add more and more BLOAT wear....... They have not once updated the OS, fixed ACTUAL issues or applied security updates.... They have not FULLY release the source code either... SO DON'T ACCUSE ME OF LYING!!!!! Their updates have nothing to do with the OS which is the important part...

Reactions: AlexDiver
Xiaomi have not once update the RN2 all they EVER do is update their UI and add more and more BLOAT wear....... They have not once updated the OS, fixed ACTUAL issues or applied security updates.... They have not FULLY release the source code either... SO DON'T ACCUSE ME OF LYING!!!!! Their updates have nothing to do with the OS which is the important part...
Than why you buy xiaomi? Buy samsung.

Than why you buy xiaomi? Buy samsung.

Bought Xiaomi as they showed promise in the beginning..... As to samsung well WE ARE buying them... Partner has bought the Samsung S6 Active which came out in June 2015 and THIS MAY Samsung released Android 7 via OTA updates for it...... THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE!!! NOT just UI updates like XIAOMI does... Now stop attack folks because they are unhappy. LOOK at the facts and move on....

Bought Xiaomi as they showed promise in the beginning..... As to samsung well WE ARE buying them... Partner has bought the Samsung S6 Active which came out in June 2015 and THIS MAY Samsung released Android 7 via OTA updates for it...... THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE!!! NOT just UI updates like XIAOMI does... Now stop attack folks because they are unhappy. LOOK at the facts and move on....
It is you who attack and you choose. You bought a phone for $ 120 (i was buy afther premiere on 140$) from the lowest shelf on the phone as well as the xiaomi. On the MTK processor! So the cheapest components. The phone is more than 2 years since the release, it has software support from xiaomi or miui, no one ever with xiaomi did not promise you, android updates ... On xiaomi phones most important is miui and it is still provided ... Buy samsung for $ 120 and expect Update android or their own software for 2 years haha ... and do not say for all that we will stop buying xiaomk. Because it is not true. Nobody cares for your dissatisfaction and that your phone will not buy anymore. No low budget has better support than xiaomi and who will buy this buy.

Xiaomi never made an update to android and never said it, did not guarantee that you will update to a new one. Xiaomi has not updated android on mtk yet. It has always been updated miui and so on. 2012 phones are still updating. Miui always contains ideas from the newer android. And samsungs lg, htc do not give much support even for flaggers and budgets do not have at all. Do not lie that samsung for $ 100 phone has update.
If yes, you should buy samsung :)
Why you dont do that?
No one is forcing you to buy xiaomi or you are here holding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kamakasnh
It is you who attack and you choose. You bought a phone for $ 120 (i was buy afther premiere on 140$) from the lowest shelf on the phone as well as the xiaomi. On the MTK processor! So the cheapest components. The phone is more than 2 years since the release, it has software support from xiaomi or miui, no one ever with xiaomi did not promise you, android updates ... On xiaomi phones most important is miui and it is still provided ... Buy samsung for $ 120 and expect Update android or their own software for 2 years haha ... and do not say for all that we will stop buying xiaomk. Because it is not true. Nobody cares for your dissatisfaction and that your phone will not buy anymore. No low budget has better support than xiaomi and who will buy this buy.

Xiaomi never made an update to android and never said it, did not guarantee that you will update to a new one. Xiaomi has not updated android on mtk yet. It has always been updated miui and so on. 2012 phones are still updating. Miui always contains ideas from the newer android. And samsungs lg, htc do not give much support even for flaggers and budgets do not have at all. Do not lie that samsung for $ 100 phone has update.
If yes, you should buy samsung :)
Why you dont do that?
No one is forcing you to buy xiaomi or you are here holding.

There you go again with the accusations I HAVE NOT LIED...DO YOU ACTUAL RESEARCH oh wait let me do it for you

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6_active_getting_latest_security_update-news-25275.php

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/05/0...receiving-android-7-0-update-on-atts-network/
SAMSUNG do do updates as do MOST GOOD companies.

Xiaomi does not or RARELY do Android version or security update... There are so many complaints on the forums where people are asking WHY their latest FLAGSHIP phones don't or RARELY do come with latest ANDROID...

STOP FLAMING AND ATTACKING ME FOR VOICING AND OPINION.... DO YOUR RESEARCH and actually read the post.. If you had you would have seen that My partner has BOUGHT the Samsung S6 Active. As fed up with poor battery only UI updates and more and more BLOATWEAR and I will be doing the same soon...And one final thing $120 nope we have to pay UK prices so £160 for RN2 one month after RELEASE but then you may have paid $120 and I don't even believe you are LYING thats just the way it is....

There you go again with the accusations I HAVE NOT LIED...DO YOU ACTUAL RESEARCH oh wait let me do it for you

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6_active_getting_latest_security_update-news-25275.php

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/05/0...receiving-android-7-0-update-on-atts-network/
SAMSUNG do do updates as do MOST GOOD companies.

Xiaomi does not or RARELY do Android version or security update... There are so many complaints on the forums where people are asking WHY their latest FLAGSHIP phones don't or RARELY do come with latest ANDROID...

STOP FLAMING AND ATTACKING ME FOR VOICING AND OPINION.... DO YOUR RESEARCH and actually read the post.. If you had you would have seen that My partner has BOUGHT the Samsung S6 Active. As fed up with poor battery only UI updates and more and more BLOATWEAR and I will be doing the same soon...And one final thing $120 nope we have to pay UK prices so £160 for RN2 one month after RELEASE but then you may have paid $120 and I don't even believe you are LYING thats just the way it is....
I ask again! Than why you bot buying samsung? You buy cheap.china phone. Yes rn2 is low prices.phone and you compare with middle or high samsung phones.:-D ?
Spend 400-600$ for samsung and leave us and xiaomi phone if samsungs is.most great producent.

Reactions: kamakasnh
I ask again! Than why you bot buying samsung? You buy cheap.china phone. Yes rn2 is low prices.phone and you compare with middle or high samsung phones.:-D ?
Spend 400-600$ for samsung and leave us and xiaomi phone if samsungs is.most great producent.

ALREADY SAID I AM BUYING OTHER BRAND AND PARTNER HAS. But oddly you miss that in my replyes.

As to Xiaoimi thats simple good specs at reasonable price and at the time seems to have good support etc but past year they have gotten worse and worse...

As two low price theres plenty of sony,samsung,asus,htc LOW price devices and all get updates even if its just security and performance updates which is more than xiaomi does as they only bother with the UI and not much else....

Last edited:
May I ask, why do you complain about not having android version updates to latest version if you are using MIUI?

MIUI is ALMOST the same on every device, no matter what android version you have.

And what comes to Samsung vs Xiaomi, Mi is pretty new company compared to Samsung and have just recently expanding outside of China, they need time. I was a Samsung user (through Galaxy S1 to S4) before finding Xiaomi and I am so much happier with Xiaomi with the updates. Xiaomi updates their software weekly on their devices, I didn't have this experience with Samsung. Don't know how is it today though and I really don't care, that's how much I like Xiaomi devices.

May I ask, why do you complain about not having android version updates to latest version if you are using MIUI?

MIUI is ALMOST the same on every device, no matter what android version you have.

And what comes to Samsung vs Xiaomi, Mi is pretty new company compared to Samsung and have just recently expanding outside of China, they need time. I was a Samsung user (through Galaxy S1 to S4) before finding Xiaomi and I am so much happier with Xiaomi with the updates. Xiaomi updates their software weekly on their devices, I didn't have this experience with Samsung. Don't know how is it today though and I really don't care, that's how much I like Xiaomi devices.

I don't use Miui as a whole I always replace the default apps with my preferred ones....Launcher, calculator, calender, Messaging, email, browser, filemanager, music,video and many more are replaced and when possible uninstalled(using titanium) as they are very lacking and geared more towards their Chinese users..... Also There are MANY more manufactures then just SAMSUNG...

Whilst MIUI may be loved by most there are so many issues that are ANDROID based that are being ignored that have been addressed or not fixed due to Xioami only focusing on MIUI updates. Security and enhanced features of Android are simply being ignored and as Android moves on to Version 7 and then 8 lover versions are bing abandoned by app devs so soon even you beloved apps from the Google play will nolonger be updated due to being on Android 4 or 5.. This has happened for us on several apps recently.. SO it makes NO difference that Miui MAY be the same a cross devices as apps that are NOT Miui will either stop working be no longer updatable or blocked because security is not strong enough...

THAT IS THE ISSUE... With only updating Miui and NOT the OS

Last edited:
Reactions: dogiex
I don't use Miui as a whole I always replace the default apps with my preferred ones....Launcher, calculator, calender, Messaging, email, browser, filemanager, music,video and many more are replaced and when possible uninstalled(using titanium) as they are very lacking and geared more towards their Chinese users..... Also There are MANY more manufactures then just SAMSUNG...

Whilst MIUI may be loved by most there are so many issues that are ANDROID based that are being ignored that have been addressed or fixed due to Xioami only focusing on MIUI updates. Security and enhanced features of Android are simply being ignored and as Android moves on to Version 7 and then 8 lover versions are bing abandoned by app devs so soon even you beloved apps from the Google play will nolonger be updated due to being on Android 4 or 5.. This has happened for us on several apps recently.. SO it makes NO difference that Miui MAY be the same a cross devices as apps that are NOT Miui will either stop working be no longer updatable or blocked because security is not strong enough...

THAT IS THE ISSUE... With only updating Miui and NOT the OS
Agree with you.
If I am not mistaken, you are able to uninstall bunch of system apps in MIUI 9 if you don't use them, at least I hope that is true.

Already switch to Samsung A5 2017. My redmi note 2 already sold and buy another xiaomi redmi 4x as backup phone

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Reactions: lohtse
Already switch to Samsung A5 2017. My redmi note 2 already sold and buy another xiaomi redmi 4x as backup phone

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH

Don't say too much on here as folks get upset you are disliking or being upset at Xioami for not upgrading the OS and not just the UI.. LOL

We have moved to Samsung S6 Actives which are still FULLY supported and updated (recently to Android 7.0.1) was such a shame as RN2's are great phones just outdated OS, Still got one of the 3 RN2's we had but is boxed and put in a draw for a spare phone.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH

Don't say too much on here as folks get upset you are disliking or being upset at Xioami for not upgrading the OS and not just the UI.. LOL

We have moved to Samsung S6 Actives which are still FULLY supported and updated (recently to Android 7.0.1) was such a shame as RN2's are great phones just outdated OS, Still got one of the 3 RN2's we had but is boxed and put in a draw for a spare phone.

I do still using xiaomi phones, my redmi note 2 bought by my cousin and happy with it. now I'm using redmi 4x as backup phone with Samsung A5 2017 as daily driver.
My old Samsung Galaxy Note 2 still stuck in kitkat in the age of Android N. A5 2017 also still running Android M.

I don't care about android update as long the phone running smoothly and can be used daily without any issues.

Why bother thinking about android update if your phone can do all your daily tasks smoothly?

Reactions: lohtse

I do still using xiaomi phones, my redmi note 2 bought by my cousin and happy with it. now I'm using redmi 4x as backup phone with Samsung A5 2017 as daily driver.
My old Samsung Galaxy Note 2 still stuck in kitkat in the age of Android N. A5 2017 also still running Android M.

I don't care about android update as long the phone running smoothly and can be used daily without any issues.

Why bother thinking about android update if your phone can do all your daily tasks smoothly?

Admittedly the Samsung Note 2 is no longer supported by Samsung BUT plenty of custom roms here https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-2/development

As to "Why bother thinking about android update if your phone can do all your daily tasks smoothly?" there are more and more apps that will nolonger work or nolonger update due to not being supported due to requiring specific android versions and and at a guess this will include android 5 soon, When that happens it COULD render the phone useless depending on your needs...Also with newer Android versions you "generally" get better functionality, better performance and better security as well as more useful features.

This is only my opinion and take on it....

What has Frustrated me most about Xiaomi is that they rarely do any real bug fixing and useful updates.. And yes that includes OS updates.. I got the RN2 and Mi-pad 2 within a MONTH of them coming out and so far there has been nothing of worth update wise for the RN2 and without this forum I would never have even got any form of an update for the Mi-pad 2... I love the devices but have lost complete faith in Xiaomi... Such a shame as they make fantastic device:(:(:(:(

Last edited:
Admittedly the Samsung Note 2 is no longer supported by Samsung BUT plenty of custom roms here https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-2/development

As to "Why bother thinking about android update if your phone can do all your daily tasks smoothly?" there are more and more apps that will nolonger work or nolonger update due to not being supported due to requiring specific android versions and and at a guess this will include android 5 soon, When that happens it COULD render the phone useless depending on your needs...Also with newer Android versions you "generally" get better functionality, better performance and better security as well as more useful features.

This is only my opinion and take on it....

What has Frustrated me most about Xioami is that they rarely any real bug fixing and useful updates.. And yes that includes OS updates.. I got the RN2 and Mi-pad 2 within a MONTH of them coming out and so far there has been nothing of worth update wise for the RN2 and without this forum I would never have even got any form of an update for the Mi-pad 2... I love the devices but have lost complete faith in Xioami... Such a shame as they make fantastic device:(:(:(:(
Yes you are correct in xiaomi policy not updating their android based ROM to the latest because they more focused on miui development.

Basically I have xiaomi phone due their affordable price with great hardware specifications, but the lack of Android based update also been an issue since I use 1st xiaomi phone back in 2014 with their redmi 1s.

I'm not quite bother about security due phone not used for any bank activities.
As for performance, I only concern about the battery life and for now with MM on my A5 2017, I'm quite satisfied

Yes you are correct in xiaomi policy not updating their android based ROM to the latest because they more focused on miui development.

Basically I have xiaomi phone due their affordable price with great hardware specifications, but the lack of Android based update also been an issue since I use 1st xiaomi phone back in 2014 with their redmi 1s.

I'm not quite bother about security due phone not used for any bank activities.
As for performance, I only concern about the battery life and for now with MM on my A5 2017, I'm quite satisfied

Don't actually use banking apps either but security fixes are not just about them... My partner updated her RN2 to a Samsung S6 Active which has just go an android 7.0.1 update cost her £149(uk) fully refurbished and 12months warrantee. Ordered mine yesterday... Such a shame but too much focus on MIUI and not enough on the OS and bug fixes from xiaomi....