Phone Bricked After Enabling Encryption

Monoxial

Members
Jun 17, 2017
Hello, :)
I come today you ask for help, indeed as indicated in the title my phone is turned into brick after I wanted to activate the data encryption ...
- I can not turn it on
- I had a lot of trouble to go into my recovery TWRP and go into fastboot mode (besides I can not go there)
- When I plug it into my PC, it detects it but there is no longer the icon of charge of the battery and no led
- When I went on TWRP I flashed my ROM and wipe the cache / dalvik = no effect
- I tried to flash the fastboot via miFlash = no effect either ...

Phone Information:
ROM: xiaomi.eu - weekly - miui 8.6 / 7.6.8
Bootloader: unlock
(I guess there is nothing on the phone anymore since I have "clean all" with mi flash ...)

I thank in advance whoever will take the time to help me ;)
Monoxial

Sorry for my english... :(

hello, someone can explain to me how install a rom in edl mode? Because my miflash (beta) say an error : "can't receive hello packet"
Or soemeone have an other idea to unbrick my phone?

If your connected to pc and detected as USB qloader, then you're in edl mode.
Also try miflash 2016.8.30 on windows 64bit don't forget to disable hardware check
The last solution to unbrick your phone, open the case and do a test point.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

If your connected to pc and detected as USB qloader, then you're in edl mode.
Also try miflash 2016.8.30 on windows 64bit don't forget to disable hardware check
The last solution to unbrick your phone, open the case and do a test point.

hi, thanks for your reply, my phone is stucks in edl mode.... I'm trying to get out of it now :/

look here => en.miui.com/thread-656098-1-1.html

hi, thanks for your reply, my phone is stucks in edl mode.... I'm trying to get out of it now :/

look here => en.miui.com/thread-656098-1-1.html
But if you're in EDL mode right now, that may be a good thing... You're all set for a clean flash using MiFlash...

Perhaps you just need to install the proper drivers in your PC for the flash to be successful... There are several tutorials on how to do just that on this forum.

But if you're in EDL mode right now, that may be a good thing... You're all set for a clean flash using MiFlash...

Perhaps you just need to install the proper drivers in your PC for the flash to be successful... There are several tutorials on how to do just that on this forum.

hi, In fact I have not been very clear ... I have already flash my phone on mi flash several times with success... But my phone always restarts in edl ...
Sometimes I can make it start normally (I do not know how I do it is random) but if I restart my phone is block again....

If you're too lazy to open the back case to check the board, also test point is too risky and will void the warranty then try this..
Flash China Dev ROM in edl mode, unlock bootloader then flash whatever ROM you want. See if it's working. (Do not flash trwp just yet)

If you're too lazy to open the back case to check the board, also test point is too risky and will void the warranty then try this..
Flash China Dev ROM in edl mode, unlock bootloader then flash whatever ROM you want. See if it's working. (Do not flash trwp just yet)

I have already opened my phone (I know it's risky ...) I will try the test point (I hope to have the right hardware) but I still do not understand my phone being in edl mode if I do a Test point I would also be in edl mode, what difference?
I will also try to flash the china dev rom. But my phone is unlocking I think having relock it with miflash (flash_all_and_lock) does it change something?