Battery Drain Too Fast & Hot Temperature

Flybeer

Members
Jul 15, 2016
Hello everybody,
I have a Xiami Redmi Note 2 MIUI xiaomi.eu 8.0 bought 1 year ago.
Now, after a few minutes of use it starts becoming hotter and in less than 10 minutes the phone displays an allert "The phome temperature is 40°, click lower it" or something similar.
Anyway, if I click, it does the normal battery scan and says "No issues, everything looks good" but the phone is still 42/43°.
Also, the battery drain really fast. Approximately 1% every 60/80 seconds and it comes the message "Battery draining too fast". Everytime, it has the battery saver on and usually also the airplane mode. If I go on the internet it takes 5 min more to become hot, however, if I use maps or the camera the battery goes down really fast and it becomes instantly hot. The only way to make it less hot is to turn off and wait 5 minutes. I don't remember when it all started but I noticed now that the situation is really worse than the beginning.

Thank you very much.
In specific, it becomes hot in the top part.. I do not know if it changes anything.

Update the latest ROM and try it out. Mine was hot too when my battery is bad and the latest from does help in reduce the phone from heating up.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Update the latest ROM and try it out. Mine was hot too when my battery is bad and the latest from does help in reduce the phone from heating up.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
He phone has the 8.5, I updated this morning but it still become hot. Next week I will change battery and I will let you know.

Thank you for the answer, what should I do? I still have to change the battery.

Nope. There's no fix to that. That is why Xiaomi dropped their update with RN2. It is a hardware issue I guess. So, take my advice, never buy a "REDMI" product.

Nope. There's no fix to that. That is why Xiaomi dropped their update with RN2. It is a hardware issue I guess. So, take my advice, never buy a "REDMI" product.
Nope, don't blame on Redmi series. Blame on MTK.

Reactions: Adeolu
RN should get MIUI 9.
They didn't dropped update for RN2, they dropped RN2: just 3 months after its launch they launched RN3 with 4100mAh battery.

The solution that I do is sold the phone and change to Redmi 4x and happy with it, no more drained battery issue

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Reactions: dogiex
I have Rn 2,with battery bat I Did this work,,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
,, And now I am pleased.
Sorry for my bad English