Twrp When Updating China/global Roms

GWShadow

Members
Jul 31, 2017
Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to keep TWRP from going back to stock Xiaomi recovery when flashing China / Global ROMs.

Would be really helpful if u can tell me how.

You just do it wrong... Type flash instead of boot and it will stay forever.

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

If you want official rom and twrp flash zcx twrp and mark MIUI ota from twrp options

You just do it wrong... Type flash instead of boot and it will stay forever.

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

I've done that before but once you go back to the "mainstream" or the "official" stables / developer / betas your recovery gets reverted to the original xiaomis.

If you want official rom and twrp flash zcx twrp and mark MIUI ota from twrp options

I'll give that a go ;)

Weird.. on my Mi5 it NEVER went back to stock recovery after I flashed TWRP and I'm using stock china dev rom to be precise

Weird.. on my Mi5 it NEVER went back to stock recovery after I flashed TWRP and I'm using stock china dev rom to be precise

U don't get me.
I was on xiaomi.eu ROM with TWRP installed.
After flashing the update file of the developer ROM from MIUI Official Team, through the Updater app (which is where I might've ****ed this up) the recovery was gone, and it went to the stock one.

Anways, besides the point.
Flashing back xiaomi.eu ;)

U don't get me.
I was on xiaomi.eu ROM with TWRP installed.
After flashing the update file of the developer ROM from MIUI Official Team, through the Updater app (which is where I might've ****ed this up) the recovery was gone, and it went to the stock one.

Anways, besides the point.
Flashing back xiaomi.eu ;)
i on xiaomi eu rom too and i planning to do this with my redmi 4a phone. is there any other issues beside twrp reverting back to original recovery if i just update by using the updater app?

i on xiaomi eu rom too and i planning to do this with my redmi 4a phone. is there any other issues beside twrp reverting back to original recovery if i just update by using the updater app?

Shouldn't be any issues and you really shouldn't have any reasons to go back to official ROMs.