MIUI 9 7.9.14/15

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me waiting for redmi pro miui9 rom
785fb7bb601ab0defbf9f82b17ddb176.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Pro met Tapatalk

It will be wonderful if the scanner app could OCR in roumanian language. Thank you for your work!

Hey everyone I'm new to the forums (But not to the ROM) I just have a question: Is there any way we can use f2fs on MIUI? Afaik both ROM and Kernel need to support that file system.

Maybe some shortcut pre defined? Check that on settings

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
It worked. Thanks. The thing is that on miui8 long pressing "home button" could be associated with two different actions. One when the screen was unlocked and one when it was locked. Not on MIUI9. That is fine it is still possible with the menu button. Thanks again

Reactions: Pedro Fernandes
I don't have google assistant installed, pressing home button do nothing, only a screen flashing maybe because i don't have google assistant.

long pressing menu on lock screen turn flashlight on, this can be changed via button & gesture settings.

btw, i'm using xiaomi.eu 7.9.14

It worked. Thanks. The thing is that on miui8 long pressing "home button" could be associated with two different actions. One when the screen was unlocked and one when it was locked. Not on MIUI9. That is fine it is still possible with the menu button. Thanks again

Still removed from latest Mi5 ROM for sure

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
I know. But for some reason, mine remains the same. And I also have a Mi5S and it's the same as well. Those two things I mentioned before

Similar experience on my Mi5, disabled already several times. Maybe it enables itself after restart, checked now still disabled from yesterday without restart. It`s especially annoying as I do not need it at all and can`t remove
If with root you can use some app to freeze.

Hi @ingbrzy could you please help regarding disabled 4G (maybe in some countries, ie: Indonesia) in Redmi Note 3 Pro (kenzo).

Everything working fine when I'm using Chinese Stable from miui.com

One tiny thing I noticed is that for me it no longer says "LTE" in Status Bar, but "4G". Not sure if this is supposed to happen and the change is only cosmetic, or there is some connectivity issue behind that. I know 4G and LTE are basically the same thing, but when I'm connected to 3G network it doesn't say 3G but H+, and it used to say "LTE" previously, so I wanted to check if everything is ok with that.

Last edited:
Hi Soebianto,

OK.

Mi Max Prime (Helium) running MIUI9 7.9.14. It also happens on rom running MIUI8 8.5 series which is Android 7 based.

Scenario:
>> Set Manual Brightness permanently at 30% brightness.
>> Turned On Auto-Brightness.
>> Turned Off Auto-Brightness.
>> The Manual Brightness doesn't return to the preset level of 30% brightness . It is either stuck/ stayed at higher brightness% or very low brightness% other than the preset level of 30% depending on which brightness level it was at when the Auto-Brightness was turned off.

It is super frustrating indeed with this bug that the manual brightness level doesn't stick and that we need to keep adjusting it back to 30% level each and every time after turning off the Auto-Brightness.:(

In the previous Android 6 based rom. There was not such bug at all!

Ok, done comparing at some ROMs and i think there is a thing you can try (i can't try it myself since my Kenzo doesn't has this 'feature'), basically you will edit the device properties file, in your case the file is 'helium.xml in the 'system_\etc\device_features' folder in the system partition.

Open that file and find a line with this text '<bool name="support_autobrightness_optimize">true</bool>', change the value 'true' to 'false', and save the file and reboot, hopefully this fix your problem.

NOTE :
1. Please backup the helium.xml file 1st, so in case of any unwanted things happen, you can restore via TWRP.
2. Before reboot your phone, please make sure the permission of the helium.xml file is the same as before editing ('-rw-r--r--'), usually bootloop happen because of the permission changed incorrectly (been there done that, lucky this kind of bootloop is easy to fix via TWRP).

Reactions: Kelvintino
Ok, done comparing at some ROMs and i think there is a thing you can try (i can't try it myself since my Kenzo doesn't has this 'feature'), basically you will edit the device properties file, in your case the file is 'helium.xml in the 'system_\etc\device_features' folder in the system partition.

Open that file and find a line with this text '<bool name="support_autobrightness_optimize">true</bool>', change the value 'true' to 'false', and save the file and reboot, hopefully this fix your problem.

NOTE :
1. Please backup the helium.xml file 1st, so in case of any unwanted things happen, you can restore via TWRP.
2. Before reboot your phone, please make sure the permission of the helium.xml file is the same as before editing ('-rw-r--r--'), usually bootloop happen because of the permission changed incorrectly (been there done that, lucky this kind of bootloop is easy to fix via TWRP).

<< update >>

Tried. The "false" value actually just set the auto brightness to a fixed value when it is activated. So, the slider will not move up and down.

However, the "false" value does "cheat" the manual brightness to stick / stayed after deactivating the auto brightness. :)

It is not the right way but hey, I can now use 30% for manual brightness and set 60% or any higher value when I activated the auto brightness.

Basically, manual brightness level is fixed at 30%. The auto brightness level is now fixed at 60% and when auto brightness is turned off, the manual brightness returned and stick at the preset 30% level. :)

So, now. I just have 2 brightness levels on my phone....

>> Auto Brightness ON, my brightness is fixed at 60%. (This % can be adjusted to your liking).

>> Auto Brightness OFF, the brightness return and stick at 30%. (This % can be adjusted to your liking).

Temporary fix for the time being when going out door, under the sun or under bright light environment using this "cheat code" until MIUI Team fixed the over-aggressiveness of its Auto Brightness mechanism. Haha.

Thanks, buddy... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Soebianto
uninstall magisk, supersu and any other root.. then flash our rom again.. it will pass...

Another bugs in redmi 4 pro. I was checking the recent device that use my google account and I found that a xiaomi mi6 device is currently using it. So, I remove the device and it was my markw actually. So I check using cpu identifier and found the fingerprint is causing this. It shows that my markw fingerprint is xiaomi mi6 (sagit). Hope will solved in next issue. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-19-16-31-55-519_com.android.browser.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-16-31-55-519_com.android.browser.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 353
  • Screenshot_2017-09-20-12-02-12-777_com.xsoftstudio.androtics.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-20-12-02-12-777_com.xsoftstudio.androtics.png
    674.2 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: trustkill
Another bugs in redmi 4 pro. I was checking the recent device that use my google account and I found that a xiaomi mi6 device is currently using it. So, I remove the device and it was my markw actually. So I check using cpu identifier and found the fingerprint is causing this. It shows that my markw fingerprint is xiaomi mi6 (sagit). Hope will solved in next issue. Thanks
thats because you installed magisk + usf... its faking your device as MI6... uninstall all your mods and reinstall our ROM...

Reactions: PrimeGen
Status
Not open for further replies.