I Ordered One ;-)

Ordered a Mi Mix 2, too! Will get it next week, long delivery times. I am excited!

I should get mine (256GB) next week as well. Can't really wait to see how it performs in real life (as opposed to just reviews and tests).
Just have to wait for a release of the Xiaomi EU ROM...

I ordered a Mi Mix 2 too in the 128GB version. I'm very excited because I love my Mi Mix 1.

@DarkKnight There's a Mi Mix 2 ROM already (see 7.9.14 - can't post a link because I have too less posts).

Thanks for the hint! I had checked the list, but somehow missed it... Downloading already :)
edit: looks like we don't have a TWRP yet, so no flashing currently.

Last edited:
Hope you can review it soon @MarkHUK

A week later and I am still super jealous. The draw of the precious is too strong!

Will receive mine today! Allready have unlock permission, so hopefully can flash it today.

Just in case: TWRP is now available from the androidfilehost link in the weekly roms thread, has been uploaded yesterday it seems.

Just received, it is a very nice looking device. Tried to unlock it, but this is not working. I logged in into my mi account (on the device) set developermode, usb debugging on, OEM unlocking on and go to Mi Unlock status. If I click on 'Add account and device' I receive a message 10008: 参数错误、 请参考API文档 (I can not read chinese, but it seems to say : parameter error, see API documentation). This is not very helpfull. I have installed the latest stable version (do I need to install developer rom first? I can not find this). On other posts I read I should wait a few days because I am on stable ROM.. Anyone unlocked the mi mix 2 yet?

Since some time your device has to be linked to your MiAccount for a couple of hours (48?) before you can unlock it. I remember that wasn't necessary on Mi5, but Mi6 had me waiting.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Just received, it is a very nice looking device. Tried to unlock it, but this is not working. I logged in into my mi account (on the device) set developermode, usb debugging on, OEM unlocking on and go to Mi Unlock status. If I click on 'Add account and device' I receive a message 10008: 参数错误、 请参考API文档 (I can not read chinese, but it seems to say : parameter error, see API documentation). This is not very helpfull. I have installed the latest stable version (do I need to install developer rom first? I can not find this). On other posts I read I should wait a few days because I am on stable ROM.. Anyone unlocked the mi mix 2 yet?

Use "supervpn hotspot" App with chinese server and retry. It will work.

Use "supervpn hotspot" App with chinese server and retry. It will work.
I installed it, and was able to add the device! So I tried to unlock again, new message: "Couldn't unlock, after 72 hours of trying to unlock the device'. It is not clear to me: does it mean I have waited to long or do i have to wait another 72 hours. The fun to own a Mix2 is less every day. Why does Xiaomi made it so difficult to flash there phones? The phones are very good (I own mi2, mi4, mi5, mi5s plus and now mix2) but it becomes more difficult to use them outsite china... Hope to find a solution for this next problem.

I installed it, and was able to add the device! So I tried to unlock again, new message: "Couldn't unlock, after 72 hours of trying to unlock the device'. It is not clear to me: does it mean I have waited to long or do i have to wait another 72 hours. The fun to own a Mix2 is less every day. Why does Xiaomi made it so difficult to flash there phones? The phones are very good (I own mi2, mi4, mi5, mi5s plus and now mix2) but it becomes more difficult to use them outsite china... Hope to find a solution for this next problem.

To quote the reddit wiki:
"You will only be able to unlock if it's been more than 72 hours that you added your account and device. There's no way to get around this."

Got mine this morning. To be totally honest, the bezels are not that shocking small, especially at the sides. The bezels of the Mate 9 at the sides are thinner IMHO.
But overall a very nice device, feels very high quality.

I've been trying to get the device registered, but even with Super VPN I only get an error, see attachment. Will probably just wait and play with the stock FW.
a094024a9031af94cd6f42769465b3eb.jpg

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Got mine this morning. To be totally honest, the bezels are not that shocking small, especially at the sides. The bezels of the Mate 9 at the sides are thinner IMHO.

I've been trying to get the device registered, but even with Super VPN I only get an error, see attachment. Will probably just wait and play with the stock FW.

I just realized mine has MIUI 8.5 on it. Wasn't the Mix2 the first to be shipped with MIUI 9?

I did it without any SIM card in it (your message is not the same as I got). Try to remove the SIM cards (so you make sure only wifi connection is available). Set developer mode on and enable OEM unlock in the first screen. Install the supervpn hotspot and chose China and make connection. After I did this, everything was working. I updated the phone first, so had the latest stable China ROM installed.

I just realized mine has MIUI 8.5 on it. Wasn't the Mix2 the first to be shipped with MIUI 9?

They shipped with MIUI 8.4.x - I believe the public MIUI 9 beta is around now, at least I downloaded it and flashed via OTA method successfully yesterday evening.

About the unlocking issue, there is nothing else you can do but wait it out for the 72 hours or use a VPN to get round the auth issue for the first time. Remember they aren't trying to sell this phone internationally so the frustration is just something you need to bare for now if you want the latest and greatest.

For now im keeping the Bootloader locked, but given a few more weeks I may switch that :)

They shipped with MIUI 8.4.x - I believe the public MIUI 9 beta is around now, at least I downloaded it and flashed via OTA method successfully yesterday evening.

About the unlocking issue, there is nothing else you can do but wait it out for the 72 hours or use a VPN to get round the auth issue for the first time. Remember they aren't trying to sell this phone internationally so the frustration is just something you need to bare for now if you want the latest and greatest.

For now im keeping the Bootloader locked, but given a few more weeks I may switch that :)
I managed to register the device in my Mi Account, just had to try several times.
But now, you mean tease... ;) Where'd you find a usable MIUI 9 version? I've been rummaging through a ton of sites and forums but couldn't dig it up.

Okay, yesterday I finaly installed the EU rom!
This is the procedure I followed (over the last week):

- Booted the device and logged in with my Mi Account
- Enabled developer mode (multiple clicks on miui version)
- In developermode enabled OEM unlock and USB debugging
- Installed 'Super VPN hotspot' (make sure you use the right app, there is also an app called 'Super VPN' which might not work
- Start Super VPN hotspot and set location to China
- In developermode go to Unlock status and Add account and device (if you are from outsite China, this will not work so you need the VPN)
- If you do not have unlock permission, make sure you request it now (it can take up a few days). See: http://en.miui.com/unlock/
- Download the TWRP image and the EU rom (from the latest ROM post)
- Wait 72 hours (I know this is awefull, but there does not seems to be any other option)
- Unlock the bootloader (use the unlock tool)
- If your phone is unlocked, the phone will reboot in its default state, so do the first steps again:
- See if the Unlock state is unlocked
- Reboot in fastboot mode (hold power, choose reboot and now press vol- until fastboot apears)
- Flash en boot TWRP
- Go to Wipe / format data (this is essential, you will be in a bootloop if you ignore this step)
- You have to reboot into recovery, otherwise you will not be able to transfer the ROM. So reboot into recovery
- Connect the phone to a computer and copy the ROM to the internal storage
- Install the ROM from the TWRP menu
- Reboot and you are finished!

After installation, I used the Mi mover app to transfer my apps and data (allmost 80GB, so it took the rest of the day). Make sure you connect the phones to a charger if using this option: The receiver will create a wifi hotspot to transfer the data and this is very energy consuming.

Today will be my first day of using the phone. But my first impression is very positive.

I did something similar yesterday. Although I didn't actually log in to the phone again after resetting, I only booted to fastboot and did a wipe/flash straight away. So if someone's in a hurry, you might skip that probably.

- Installed 'Super VPN hotspot' (make sure you use the right app, there is also an app called 'Super VPN' which might not work
- In developermode go to Unlock status and Add account and device (if you are from outsite China, this will not work so you need the VPN)
- If you do not have unlock permission, make sure you request it now (it can take up a few days).
- Wait 72 hours (I know this is awefull, but there does not seems to be any other option)
- If your phone is unlocked, the phone will reboot in its default state, so do the first steps again:
- Reboot in fastboot mode (hold power, choose reboot and now press vol- until fastboot apears)
- Flash en boot TWRP
- Go to Wipe / format data (this is essential, you will be in a bootloop if you ignore this step)
- You have to reboot into recovery, otherwise you will not be able to transfer the ROM. So reboot into recovery

After installation, I used the Mi mover app to transfer my apps and data (allmost 80GB, so it took the rest of the day). Make sure you connect the phones to a charger if using this option: The receiver will create a wifi hotspot to transfer the data and this is very energy consuming.

Today will be my first day of using the phone. But my first impression is very positive.

Followed this, worked like a charm!

FYI I'm in Hong Kong and adding the account didn't work even from here (error 10008 check API thing) until I used the super VPN hotspot into China.

I used to use global ROM on my MI 5 but that's not available yet for the mix 2 so trying xiaomi.eu out!

Last edited:

- If you do not have unlock permission, make sure you request it now (it can take up a few days). See:
- Flash en boot TWRP

Hello,
i wipe data folder but i think i got "bootloop" when I reboot after installing rom i still see mi mi.com powered by android.
Could you help me?

Attachments

• IMG_5397.JPG
    IMG_5397.JPG
    924 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_5398.JPG
    IMG_5398.JPG
    934.8 KB · Views: 472
Hello,
i wipe data folder but i think i got "bootloop" when I reboot after installing rom i still see mi mi.com powered by android.
Could you help me?

Follow the instructions. Go to the wipe menu, there's a further box you can click to FORMAT DATA. Do that and you won't have bootloop.

Followed this, worked like a charm!

FYI I'm in Hong Kong and adding the account didn't work even from here (error 10008 check API thing) until I used the super VPN hotspot into China.

I used to use global ROM on my MI 5 but that's not available yet for the mix 2 so trying xiaomi.eu out!

Cool! i'm in Shenzhen, just over the river from you :p

Native or just visiting?