Mi5 Android Pay

Nico T

Members
Aug 12, 2013
Hello, does anybody know wich ROM to choose to get android pay up and running ? I Tried the last global rom but could not get the bank app ( ABN Wallet) working. I can add my bankcard, but at the shop the payment terminal wont recognise the phone/payment app.

I ensured the app has all security permissions. Has anyone android NFC pay up and running / any tips ?

Thank you !!

Android Pay shouldn't work if you have an unlocked bootloader, which you need to have to use these ROMs.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Just to save people the time; Right now, I only got it working on the 'official' Global Stable rom: with a locked bootloader.
Tried the Global Developer version, no go. And, obviously, the miui.eu rom, whilst I love it, is deemed a 'tempered' rom, and google/android wont allow pay-apps using MCE wallet.

Just to save people the time; Right now, I only got it working on the 'official' Global Stable rom: with a locked bootloader.
Tried the Global Developer version, no go. And, obviously, the miui.eu rom, whilst I love it, is deemed a 'tempered' rom, and google/android wont allow pay-apps using MCE wallet.
How to you lock the bootloader back after trying miui.eu and other roms?

Thanks!

Not needed.. our ROMs now works with Android Pay..
Thanks! I've been out of touch as I last used a Mi4 that spoilt, and didn't need to unlock bootloader.

Does that mean I can flash xiaomi.eu rom on Mi 5 after unlocking bootloader and Android Pay will work? Also is it the same for Mi 5s? Trying to decide between the two :)

Thanks! Is camera2 api enabled by default in xiaomi.eu rom, or I must root first to enable it?

Also does Android Pay only work in stable xiaomi.eu rom, or also in weekly rom too?

Last edited by a moderator:
No camera2 api due to issues..

Pay works with both versions..

~Tapatalk~

Reactions: losdukos

~Tapatalk~
Thanks for the reply! I read some forum members using *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* HDR+ port. So that means I must root the rom and edit the build.prop to enable the camera2 api now I guess.

Any suggestions how to use this with Android Pay and other safetynet apps since I need to unroot?

~Tapatalk~
Is camera api2 something that is planned to be implemented in the future, or is it abandoned altogether?
Are the issues you have something that can't be inherently solved?

Hello,

I set my default Wallet to HCE Wallet and after couple days this set are reseting and I can paid via NFC, then I must set my default wallet again...