New Mi Mix 2 - "cleaner Crashes" When Opening Documents/security App

Tymcio

Members
May 13, 2017
When you open Documents or Security application in Mi Mix 2 there is immediately crash of "Cleaner" application.

xiaomi.eu 7.9.14 and 7.9.22
Log: http://wklej.org/id/3258954/
And error information:
Screenshot_2017-09-23-22-38-41-457_com.miui.bugreport[1].png

Last edited:
just normal install like any other devices?
- unlock BL
- flash TWRP
- install ROM
- Wipe data
- Reboot
?

Thats strange.Which firmware was in your phone first booted? Have you link for 14. build? cannot find it.I tried all of flashing methods and still only booting.Twrp, adb, nothing helps.Or can you made a video as a dirty flash?
If I try stable CNmiui8 or DevCNmiui9 via adb, the booted in one minute. Thank you.
btw. I know other two guys with the same problem....maybe another hardware?

I've had China Stable (latest one) - V8.5.3.0.NDECNEF
And I have 6/128 GB version

I've had a same issues. My MIX2 can't boot. I resolved that problem booting to TWRP and advanced wipe (cache, data, system). After that I reboot recovery again, copy a ROM 9.22 to device, flash it, wipe cache and reboot. After about 3 minutes MIX2 boot.

In TWRP I just pressed "format data" -> typed "yes" and than I've unplugged and plugged phone and installed firmware :)
After that wait 3-5 minutes and firmware will turn on :)

"Format data" may be the key of successful installation.. as its not same as just wipe /data partition.. Format data will format whole userdata partition and internal storage...

EDIT: Confirmed..! Format data is required not just wipe /data!

Last edited:
"Format data" may be the key of successful installation.. as its not same as just wipe /data partition.. Format data will format whole userdata partition and internal storage...

EDIT: Confirmed..! Format data is required not just wipe /data!
I do it with all new devices xD

Mi MIX 2 & Tapatalk

Hello everyboby
I'm a french and i have a big problem with my mi mix 2.
I have UNLOCK BL.
I have Installed TWRP CHIRON
i Made Format Data
I install Rom MIUI 9 beta 7.9.22
I flash boot.img
But my phone loops on the MIUI by Android logo (for more than an hour)
what should I do? Thx

Hello everyboby
I flash boot.img

Can you explain? Why you flash boot?
You should unlock bootloader, install TWRP chiron, reboot to twrp recovery, do a format data (wipe -> advanced wipe -> dalvik, cache, system, data -> swipe to wipe), reboot to recovery, put a rom into the device trough pc, and install it.

I confirmed this method on three MIX2.

Can you explain? Why you flash boot?
You should unlock bootloader, install TWRP chiron, reboot to twrp recovery, do a format data (wipe -> advanced wipe -> dalvik, cache, system, data -> swipe to wipe), reboot to recovery, put a rom into the device trough pc, and install it.

I confirmed this method on three MIX2.

I did your method the ROM is installed but I have two message in red
check_for_md5 not found
no_md5 not found