Mi4c Slow Since Miui 9

pDRm1

Members
Sep 25, 2017
Hi guys, first of all thanks for these dev updates! i've been updating my MI 4C every since the beginning of miui 8 thanks to you!

But, yes there is a but.. Ever since updating to Miui 9 my poor MI4c has been very slow compared to miui 8 and 7. I know that miui should be faster with better memory management and stuff but im experiencing a slow phone now and it seems that the memory management of miui 9 is actually even worse, ie; had approx. 1gb memory available with several apps open and now I have only 500mb memory available with the same or less apps. And all these apps are not even faster.

Can anybody advice me on what to do here? I have ben "dirty" flashing all the dev updates including the miui 9. Should i do a fresh install completely by resetting the phone or?

It will not help. so it is also with me - MIUI 9 is not good for this Phone! The only way to get more RAM is back to MIUI 8. I have 8.5 stable installed and 1000 MB free. Even more goes with the Debloater of Solaris (XDA-Forum), but one does without some Progtamme and the MI-Cloud. Even better are its EPIC-ROM's, but the same problem!
I am also open to new things, but for MIUI 9 I see no future on the MI4C!

I do a wipe dalvik/cache at every update I get but unfortnately it does not work. The only 2 options I still have left is either go back to miui 8 or try a clean install. But guessing from the comment of Bernd_with_MI4C a clean install will also not help

Hi Debianus, i've done only dirty flashes so far. Today I wiped my whole phone clean and did a fresh install of miui 8. The difference in memory is huge! Went from a 1gb available rom on miui 9 to a 1.8gb available rom. I think ill just stick with miui 8 for the time being.

I hope the next roms will be better and more optimized.
The most of reviews are pretty bad.

My phone shows that same amount of free RAM but it works really fast. I'm guessing that the free RAM that appears isn't the real one because the phone performs really well. I'm really happy with MIUI 9. And the battery performance is pretty much the same as in MIUI 8. Can't really see any difference.

Last edited:
LOS 15 on Android Oreo. No bugs , very fast.
I get 4 hours - 4 hours 30 minutes of SOT using only LTE in a 16 hours day.
9d2b381e1f8f0fa61086686cdfe504f5.jpg

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk

Since I moved to MIUI 9 my Mi4c is flying. It is 2 GB RAM. It also most of the time shows 400 MB free RAM, but this is not important. When i clear recent apps, the available memory is 900 MB. If I use more heavy theme, it is 500-600 MB. The overall performance is increased.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk