Get Some Chinese Features Back

jakobSWE

Members
Oct 16, 2017
The xiaomi.eu rom has been working great for me, but there are some features removed from china beta that I really want back if possible. Namely the miui music with streaming and Taplus from miui lab. Anyone who knows if this is doable?

@8166uy I've tried replacing or installing the "Music.apk" extracted by myself from china beta. It works, but it's still without any of the streaming functions. I wonder if it might be possible to just edit some configuration file or make changes in build prop?

The xiaomi.eu rom has been working great for me, but there are some features removed from china beta that I really want back if possible. Namely the miui music with streaming and Taplus from miui lab. Anyone who knows if this is doable?
these services are made and designed only for Chinese mainland, so from xiaomi.eu ROM point of view these features actually do not reflect a good user experience for our ROM. Historically we have always removed these elements / features from our ROM as the value is not added for European users. Along with the Chinese server-side elements which we have no control over it makes localisation a big sticking point.

You would be better, and no offence meant or intended by this, to use the official Chinese ROM if these features are highly important to you, sadly there is no middle trade off on this from our side as things need to be done in code and ROM build to remove these functions.

Cheers,

Mark

CC: @ingbrzy

@MarkHUK My phone does'nt work properly with connections on the chinese rom and anyways the Xiaomi.eu rom is clearly much more snappy and optimized. But thanks for your reply.

@MarkHUK My phone does'nt work properly with connections on the chinese rom and anyways the Xiaomi.eu rom is clearly much more snappy and optimized. But thanks for your reply.
That's part of the user experience aspect I mentioned. While those features look cool, they are not localized for Europe :(