Can't Open Camera Plugin: Xiaomi Mijia Dafang Home 1080p Hd

Grewa

Members
Oct 11, 2017
Hi,

After some tries, I managed to connect my camera to MiHome. But when I click on it on the application, nothing appends even when I click on the shortcut it opens MiHome about 2 seconds and quit the application instantly.

It looks like the camera plugin isn't working....

Just for you now:
- The device is showed online
- MiHome and the camera is updated
- The local is set to Chinese Mainland
- I've tried to reset camera, re add the camera and reinstall mihome.
- I'm French and located in france (sorry for my english btw :p )

Any Ideas ? :(

Same here. Got camera today, unable to connect. Aparently there is difference if you choose US or China server. On China server im getting timeout error, on otherservers when i click on camera nothing happens.

Actually, I succeeded to connect my camera to MiHome ;)
For your problem (I've got the same before), I suggest you to turn your phone on Hotspot mode and connect your camera to it.

But my problem is after this connection step ! I just can't use it... because I can't open the plugin that allow me to take videos, photos or control the camera.

Hello to all, I am facing the same problem as Grewa does. Although I can see the camera via mihome (online) I cannot manage it. I have sent an email at xiaomi support and I am waiting for reply.

Στάλθηκε από το HUAWEI CAN-L01 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

This sounds eerily like the problem with the Xiaofang, this is why we will not stock the Dafang 1080p. I think its best you all contact your sellers for refunds on this item and consider the Xiaobai or 1080p MiJia cameras. Both available on our store and work 100% in Europe.

uninstall your app and install it again. if you will be ask for updates for app, dont install them (that will bring you back to non working state)

got it working, uninstalled the app, installed again, choose China server and then login. add new device and this time all worked

@martinkindl83 thank you for the reply. You were right it finally worked by avoiding the app update

Στάλθηκε από το HUAWEI CAN-L01 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

wich version did you install?
Was it from the playstore or another version of the Mihome app .
Currently im also having the same problem i see camera online but cannot view live feed.
Im using version 4.3.15
I must say my Yi Smart webcam does work without any problems .
But the Dafang gives only this issue.

uninstall your app and install it again. if you will be ask for updates for app, dont install them (that will bring you back to non working state)

got it working, uninstalled the app, installed again, choose China server and then login. add new device and this time all worked

Guys I have exactly the same issue. I have added the device to the Mi Home list and is shown online. The light on the camera is blue fixed which confirms it is online. I'm using MiHome ver. 4.3.15 downloaded from the official Xiaomi Store (app.mi.com).
I have set the country as China Mainland and the language English.
If I click on the Dafang in the MiHome list nothing happens. If I click on any other items in my list, the relevant plugin starts correctly.
As nothing worked, I have tried to update the camera firmware and also to delete and re-add the Dafang, but same issue as before.

I have read above that someone solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the MiHome app, but he didn't explain which version of the MiHome app worked for him and where he downloaded it from (the Google Play Store?).

Why updating the MiHome app should be avoided? I remember that for the XiaoYi ants camera the issue was with the camera's firmware update as Xiaomi had put a country restriction at a certain point so it was necessary to avoid the firmware's update, but the update of the MiHome app had nothing to do with it and was just fine. Please explain better.

Ok, maybe I have found the solution. I have uninstalled MiHome 4.3.15 and reinstalled version 4.2.5 from the Google Play Store.
I downloaded the plugin for the Dafang camera and after download complete when I click on the Dafang link it opens the plugin although I am now away from home and the camera is offline so cannot test it until I am home, but definitely the plugin now seems to work. Ah, I have set country to Mainland China and language to English if you are interested to know.

I followed martinkindl83 steps .

Dafang camera now works also when i'm outside .

Ok, maybe I have found the solution. I have uninstalled MiHome 4.3.15 and reinstalled version 4.2.5 from the Google Play Store.
I downloaded the plugin for the Dafang camera and after download complete when I click on the Dafang link it opens the plugin although I am now away from home and the camera is offline so cannot test it until I am home, but definitely the plugin now seems to work. Ah, I have set country to Mainland China and language to English if you are interested to know.

Hello,
I'm facing the same problem. I use 4.2.5 app version.
I tried to configure the dafang camera: i get the blue fixed led.
I tried to translate chinese messages with google translate: after scanning the QRCode, the message is like a confirm of the scanned code. After 20-30seconds a new message say "Connection completed" but after 2-3 more seconds I think that the camera say "Failed, try again".

Somehow, the blue led still fixed but I'm not able to ping the camera (while is flashing, I can do that).

UPDATE: after several attemps, I removed the app, selected china mainland and default locale, tried to reset the camera holding the setup buttons for 15seconds. Retried and worked!

Last edited:
In my case with MiHome 4.2.5 from the Google Play Store the camera adds fine and I can access it.
One time I add problems of disconnecting/reconnecting the camera multiple times and I discovered it was the cable extender I plugged the camera into that was causing the problem. Much better if the camera can be plugged into the wall socket directly.
Now sometimes I have an issue of the camera getting stuck at "connecting" at point 1/3. The next steps of "authenticating" (step 2/3) and "buffering" (step 3/3) either don't materialize or it takes too long for them to appear. I wonder if others are experiencing the same issue.

In my case with MiHome 4.2.5 from the Google Play Store the camera adds fine and I can access it.
One time I add problems of disconnecting/reconnecting the camera multiple times and I discovered it was the cable extender I plugged the camera into that was causing the problem. Much better if the camera can be plugged into the wall socket directly.
Now sometimes I have an issue of the camera getting stuck at "connecting" at point 1/3. The next steps of "authenticating" (step 2/3) and "buffering" (step 3/3) either don't materialize or it takes too long for them to appear. I wonder if others are experiencing the same issue.

I experience the same. And from one day to another, the behavior changes.
I have 2 Dafang, sometimes only one can be reached whereas both are on the same network !
I always used Mainland China / English from the beginning.
In my case, I have to stick to 4.3.11 version (4.2.5 has not enough english translations).
4.3.14 or 4.3.15 prevent from having the video feed (but motion detection works in background and you get video records from the server !)

Additional troubles I notice:
_If you reboot you home wifi network, the cameras don't attach back automatically (the same for Xiaofang)
_I already discovered a Dafang with blue led toggling and staying in this state indefinitely whereas nothing changes in my network.
_this morning, both Dafang has led blue toggling but my 2 other Xiaofang were ok and reachable.
_sometimes some devices are reported online but they are not (and the reverse)
_sometimes my devices list gets empty in MiHome
_sometimes MiHome hangs up
_sometimes MiHome asks me to sign in again !?
_sometimes MiHome reports my profile as having no device at all ! Sign out/sign in again solves it.

Xiaomi really needs to stabilize the management of this camera on their servers, because the problem is on their servers side.

The camera never worked .
With latest App version no way to control the camera

With 4.2.5 and China Mainland server , no way to get the camera connected.
I always receive "Connection timed out "

I have tried everything but still "Connection timed out ".

I really doubt I will ever buy again a Xiaomi product !

I experience the same. And from one day to another, the behavior changes.
I have 2 Dafang, sometimes only one can be reached whereas both are on the same network !
I always used Mainland China / English from the beginning.
In my case, I have to stick to 4.3.11 version (4.2.5 has not enough english translations).
4.3.14 or 4.3.15 prevent from having the video feed (but motion detection works in background and you get video records from the server !)

Additional troubles I notice:
_If you reboot you home wifi network, the cameras don't attach back automatically (the same for Xiaofang)
_I already discovered a Dafang with blue led toggling and staying in this state indefinitely whereas nothing changes in my network.
_this morning, both Dafang has led blue toggling but my 2 other Xiaofang were ok and reachable.
_sometimes some devices are reported online but they are not (and the reverse)
_sometimes my devices list gets empty in MiHome
_sometimes MiHome hangs up
_sometimes MiHome asks me to sign in again !?
_sometimes MiHome reports my profile as having no device at all ! Sign out/sign in again solves it.

Xiaomi really needs to stabilize the management of this camera on their servers, because the problem is on their servers side.
Your synopsis is more or less expected to be the case in practice. Largely due to geographic location, and in addition to the clear label on the product which says 'Mainland China use only' (Albeit in Chinese text) but its designed for Mainland China for now.

The servers are CDN to China, so you would see connectivity issues which explain the 'sometimes' scenario's you listed. I dont believe it has went on sale in Hong Kong yet, also to note, this is the iSmart Alarm rebranded iSmartAlarm iCamera KEEP model aka Dafang.

The camera never worked .
With latest App version no way to control the camera

With 4.2.5 and China Mainland server , no way to get the camera connected.
I always receive "Connection timed out "

I have tried everything but still "Connection timed out ".

I really doubt I will ever buy again a Xiaomi product !
The problem isn't the product, its that you purchased something the seller should not of sold you after the previous issues with iSmartAlarms product lines. The issue comes from the fact they (iSmartAlarm) NOT Xiaomi, control the block on the camera because they sell as iCamera KEEP in USA and Canadian market at a higher premium! Same as the Xiaofang!

The MiJia 1080P works great and no issues, i'd avoid the iSmart lines though, this isn't a Xiaomi product issue, just bad resellers or misinformed details.

Your synopsis is more or less expected to be the case in practice. Largely due to geographic location, and in addition to the clear label on the product which says 'Mainland China use only' (Albeit in Chinese text) but its designed for Mainland China for now.

The servers are CDN to China, so you would see connectivity issues which explain the 'sometimes' scenario's you listed. I dont believe it has went on sale in Hong Kong yet, also to note, this is the iSmart Alarm rebranded iSmartAlarm iCamera KEEP model aka Dafang.

My cubes Xiaofang are European version (the ones DISCONTINUED now), so my geo location doesn't explain all. According to you, which server location should I use in this case ?
Just right now, none of my 4 cams Xiaofang/Dafang can be reached (connection 1/3 stage) but all have motion detect enabled and I get notifications from motion, and video records are available. Strange no ?
Btw, what's the route of the video real time feed ? my home > my ADSL provider > China server > go back to Europe > my mobile phone !?

The seller is Banggood , I bough the camera in a pre sales campaign.
Nobody said it was only for Chinese market.

So I must just trow away it since there is no way to make it work ever ?

My cubes Xiaofang are European version (the ones DISCONTINUED now), so my geo location doesn't explain all. According to you, which server location should I use in this case ?
Just right now, none of my 4 cams Xiaofang/Dafang can be reached (connection 1/3 stage) but all have motion detect enabled and I get notifications from motion, and video records are available. Strange no ?
Btw, what's the route of the video real time feed ? my home > my ADSL provider > China server > go back to Europe > my mobile phone !?

1. Location would be effected if you are using Mainland China tho. For the older Xiaofang the LOCALE in Mi Home shouldn't make any difference, you wont need to explicitly set China for those ones. You may also try Hong Kong as an alternative route.

2. Yes, its strange, but probably related to the video stream connectivity being too slow to stream so times out? (Try alternative APP locale).

3. The route would be like:

WiFi Smart Device -> WiFi Router Network > WAN ISP/Mobile Provider network > Other 3rd Party Peer/Routing > Xiaomi Cloud API*

* Cloud services location is determined on Locale, IP and Geolocation metric as far as I remember it from sniffing about the Xiaofang issues some months back. For now I can only suggest its related to the routing / latency of the server you are connecting to.

The seller is Banggood , I bough the camera in a pre sales campaign.
Nobody said it was only for Chinese market.

So I must just trow away it since there is no way to make it work ever ?
I dont know if you should throw it away but I would definitely speak to the seller and ask them to either: a) Fix the issue or b) Offer you a refund

Hi all!

Yesterday I received my Xiaomi Dafang in Spain. I am fighting to connect and use it. By the moment is imposible to link with my account. I have tried Google Play app also the app included in user-manual QR code. Always with locales set to the first option (mainland).
I realize that the first 30 second the camera connects to wifi and respond to ping but is not listed in my devices. In other cases the camera is connected to wifi, it responds to ping, blue led fixed, but the same case, timeout connection and it is not listed in my devices.

Can somebody share more information....by the moment I am very disappointed with the product.

Regards.

Hi all!

Yesterday I received my Xiaomi Dafang in Spain. I am fighting to connect and use it. By the moment is imposible to link with my account. I have tried Google Play app also the app included in user-manual QR code. Always with locales set to the first option (mainland).
I realize that the first 30 second the camera connects to wifi and respond to ping but is not listed in my devices. In other cases the camera is connected to wifi, it responds to ping, blue led fixed, but the same case, timeout connection and it is not listed in my devices.

Can somebody share more information....by the moment I am very disappointed with the product.

Regards.
Please check all of the suggestions above and give them a try. As for the disappointment with the product, you should direct the disappointment to the seller who sold it to you without them first knowing it works in Europe. I would strongly advise you to seek the support of the seller as they are legally obligated to offer you assistance to solve the matter or in fact refund you in some way for a none-working / inoperable product.

Please help me. I bought this product. I am from Turkey. Camera only connect china server but very slow and plugin not open in Mi Smart Home APP.

Banggood gave me firmware (demo_5.5.1.194.bin) I installled but it was worse. How i back old firmware?

Banggood not accept refund. My camera will be trash. :(