Ridiculous Battery Lifetime

fafou34

Members
Sep 7, 2017
Hello All,

I have a battery lifetime of about 7-8 hours with a screen on time of 3:30 max with my Mi4C. Is it a regular number for you all? I really like this device but having to charge my device twice a day is really annoying.
I am using the last Resurrection Remix Rom (see screenshots). I red that the battery consumption is mainly dependent on the Kernel installed. Is it possible that I still have an old Kernel that is absolutly not optimised.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171018-211516.png
    Screenshot_20171018-211516.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 557
  • Screenshot_20171018-211522.png
    Screenshot_20171018-211522.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 480
I would say 4 : 30 hours of SOT with medium ussage is the best this phone can do.

The last builds of RR are not.so friendly.with battery life . I rarely got 4 hours of SOT.

I recommend you LOS 15. I never get less the 4 hours of SOT with medium to high ussage (only using data lte connection , high luminosity , GPS, a few calls).
ef3f2c61600069c3cb97073076cccaa0.jpg
80ecb4785a4c098500deb1f540de83d5.jpg

Trimis de pe al meu Mi-4c folosind Tapatalk

This is current charge. Only LTE.

The rom is very fast, but it doesn't have the customizations RR does.

Also, it has better ram management and it doesn't force close your recent apps and reload them as RR does.
46d54218ef202d8032f98db550a089f6.jpg
5bb876350c7b44044479aa46d83079b8.jpg

Great so I will try that.
Fist I have a TWRP 3 for android 7. Should I install another one before?

I found two websites that explain how to install it. The first one (http://www.lineageosrom.com/2017/09/download-lineageos-15-oreo-mi4c.html)
just says to first do a factory reset in TWRP then install the Rom and finally do a swipe cache/Dalvik

The second one (https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4c/development/alpha-lineageos-15-0-libra-aqua-t3667638)
says to first wipe cache/Dalvik/data and system, then install a "firmware", then install the ROM (and finally the GAPPS)

Which one do you recommend? I guess the second one will be cleaner (I don't care about reinstalling all the apps).
Where should I put the firmware and the ROM in order to still have it on the phone after a wipe cache/Dalvik/data and system?

Thank you for your help in my quest to have a phone that can work during one full day!

The TWRP is fine, this rom works with both nougat and lollipop bootloader.
The second one. It's the one that I have. Take the last build from yesterday, it has the better ram management.
Put in on internal storage: documents, downloads or just directly. It won't get erased.

Be sure you have all the set up before installing.
Rom, firmware, apps, MIUI camera zip.

You're welcome !

*Be sure you give the camera app all permissions.

So I tried today. The ROM and the GAPPS were successfully installed but when I start google play it is stuck on Checking Info (for 20 minutes now...)
I installed the last micro Gapps arm64 for android 8

I heard that some people have problems with gapss from opengapps . Try different gapps, it will work eventually.

So finally I managed to make it work I started from scratch and installed the nano opengapps right after the ROM, without any reboot between them

After a day of use I had 22% battery left with a SOT of 2h15 minutes. I just don't get how people manage to reach 4+ hours. I am just using facebook messenger, whats app, gmail and chrome. I don't have any game or other battery draining app installed.
I already tried to change the battery so it is not coming from an old battery problem. I have the 3GB version. Might it be the difference with you? I am really thinking about changing phone even though this one fill my needs in terms of power.

I have the 2gb. I don't know, maybe it's the battery. I abused this phone with GPS/data/ Waze on a 200 km drive and I still got 3 hours of SOT at the end of the day.

Well I bought a brand new one and didn't see any difference previously. Thanks for your help. I think this will be my first and last Xiaomi phone :)

Reactions: linuxghost