Mi 5c Roms, Known Issues And Bug Reporting

Ciao.
I have some problems with the 3g network of mi5c. I have already done the trick to enable 3g network (* # * # 1 # * # *) but where with another device I reach 14 mb in 3g, with xiaomi I reach 3 mb. The phone has the ROM 8.5.4.0
Does anyone have the same 3g signal equal to other devices? And in case, did you do any particular operation? Thank you
@zeork this issue seems to be more widespread than expected, d'you have any ideas?

Describe Your problem and add screenshot etc. I will send to modem devs
I have some problems with the 3g network of mi5c. I have already done the trick to enable 3g network (* # * # 1 # * # *)

Last edited:
I have some problems with the 3g network of mi5c. I have already done the trick to enable 3g network (* # * # 1 # * # *) but where another device(redmi 3 pro and oneplus X, carrier Tim) I reach 14 mb in 3g, with xiaomi mi5c, I reach 3 mb. The phone has the ROM 8.5.4.0.
I do not know what else I can write to you, even with a screenshot I could not be more precise. If you have other questions ask.
Wcdma on mi5c dont support DC.

I found this sequence in the forum en.miui that I put below, I need help. I enter that menu but I can not save the setting change. If I select it and exit, when I return, the default one returns. Same thing if I select it and then restart. How can I save it? Thank you

"In Italy also work 3G with TIM
But only after this setting
* # * # 4636 # * # *
Sim 1 and choose LTE /TD- SCMDA / Wcdma"
Does not make sense change of these values in options 4636, because after exiting the window or rebooting the phone will return to the default settings. It has always been this way and it is on every Xiaomi phone, but some values stay until we reboot phone, but most of this values changes to default when we exit or back from settings window.

Does not make sense tips like this. MI5C in Unicom(our FDD) does not support H + and DC, you only have H and no DC, so it's no wonder you have a smaller transfer than on Redmi 3. Next time dont read stupid answers about this options.

Conclusion:
MI5C outside China support:
2G all Bands, 3G only H, FDD-LTE B1/3/7
Not support:
H+ and DC but speed 3G is very good and have good covarage same 4G have very good speed and covarage.
Not support Volte in Europe as all phone Xiaomi.
We can on volte code but this tips its not have sense because not support..

When we have 2 sim card insert to phone
One of this card(we set what card have internet sim1 or sim2)
One of this card have 4/3G and second have only 2G.

Mi5C not support b20.
Non band cant be add to modem via ota and via flash with fastboot rom because not supoort more bands.

Ota update mode ita only to fix isses, add optimization etc.

In China

Mi5C have full support TD-LTE all bands and China Mobile, full support VOLTE,
In China They dont use b20 and this is reason why non global phones dont have this band.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rom 7.12.7 have no bug: modemerror after few hours.
Rom 7.12.14 have the bug: modem error and after few hours the smartphone become offline.

The bug of videozooming is not resolve.

Rom 7.12.7 have no bug: modemerror after few hours.
Rom 7.12.14 have the bug: modem error and after few hours the smartphone become offline.

The bug of videozooming is not resolve.
Within 2 weeks the modem update will be pushed out(probably via ota and in roms recovery and fastboot)
They fixed example: wrong carriers name in Poland example,
The modem crash that display 14403 have been resolved and will be pushed to modem update too(Bug with lose range after voice call - dont have this issue but few users have)

Zooming video not fixed yet, they are working on it.

Within 2 weeks the modem update will be pushed out(probably via ota and in roms recovery and fastboot)
They fixed example: wrong carriers name in Poland example,
The modem crash that display 14403 have been resolved and will be pushed to modem update too(Bug with lose range after voice call - dont have this issue but few users have)

Zooming video not fixed yet, they are working on it.
This changes will be pushed in next week in next update, in modem version ABIES.R11.T16

Reactions: archmirak
Equalizer doesn't works , i can change headphones types and hear difference but not in equalizer. I use Stable Xiaomi.eu latest ROM.

hey guys!

just got a MI 5c. How can i flash twrp recovery and flash EU ROM to it?
If i make it in Fastboot reboot it in Fastboot, TWRP everytime needs a decrypt code to step forward.

thanks

hey guys!

just got a MI 5c. How can i flash twrp recovery and flash EU ROM to it?
If i make it in Fastboot reboot it in Fastboot, TWRP everytime needs a decrypt code to step forward.

thanks
You have official China rom or fake Global?
If Yoi have fake Global, flash phone in fastboot mode via Xiaomiflash 2017, with last China fastboot developer rom 7.12.21 with option clean all(not clean and lock).
After that unlock bootloader.
Flash twrp from AFH to mi5c.
When show screen with password click button back and wipe-andvanced wipe.
Formata data. Back and click reboot to recovery(not to system!)
When restart to recovery again(twrp) plug to pc and copy to phone rom xiaomi.eu 7.12.21 for Mi5c and go to install, choose rom and swipe to install. After install back to wipe option and do wipe: cache, dalvika, data and internal storage and swipe to wipe. Restart to system. Done.
Rememer before You do flash via Xiaomiflash or wipe data/format data in twrp copy Yours data to Pc, because You lose Yours data.

Twrp for Mi5c have issue with lose touch.
When twrp lose touch click vol- and power. Its help. Good luck

guys i already asked for help about Video zooming problem in Mi 5C on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram etc. I use MIUI9 , is there same problem on MIUI 8.5.4.0 ?

guys i already asked for help about Video zooming problem in Mi 5C on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram etc. I use MIUI9 , is there same problem on MIUI 8.5.4.0 ?
MIUI STABLE CHINA 8.1.19/13 not have this issue. MIUI DEVELOPER MIUI 8 not have this issue to.
This bug its only on last 3 ROMS MIUi8 Developer and all Developer Miui 9

MIUI STABLE CHINA 8.1.19/13 not have this issue. MIUI DEVELOPER MIUI 8 not have this issue to.
This bug its only on last 3 ROMS MIUi8 Developer and all Developer Miui 9
Can you give me a link Xiaomi.eu ROM (MIUI8) which doesn't have this issue? ( For mi5c of course).

You have official China rom or fake Global?
If Yoi have fake Global, flash phone in fastboot mode via Xiaomiflash 2017, with last China fastboot developer rom 7.12.21 with option clean all(not clean and lock).
After that unlock bootloader.
Flash twrp from AFH to mi5c.
When show screen with password click button back and wipe-andvanced wipe.
Formata data. Back and click reboot to recovery(not to system!)
When restart to recovery again(twrp) plug to pc and copy to phone rom xiaomi.eu 7.12.21 for Mi5c and go to install, choose rom and swipe to install. After install back to wipe option and do wipe: cache, dalvika, data and internal storage and swipe to wipe. Restart to system. Done.
Rememer before You do flash via Xiaomiflash or wipe data/format data in twrp copy Yours data to Pc, because You lose Yours data.

Twrp for Mi5c have issue with lose touch.
When twrp lose touch click vol- and power. Its help. Good luck

Thanks! Succeded. I was restarted TWRP, and the second time it worked. Now on Global ROM. ****in' love this phone!

Merry Christmas Guys!

Reactions: archmirak
I just noticed that when message comes there is not"reply" button on top notification as it wasnon Stable ROM, i use weekly ROM...