3.5mm Audio Port Broken

Yoda007

Members
Jul 30, 2016
Yesterday i was listening to an audiobook and this started happening:

I would start the audiobook, and put my phone in my pocket. After putting the phone in my pocket or even during this the audio in my headphones was stopped.

At first i thought that the files were broken because the audio player shown the play button which means that it paused the file automatically. But i figured out that the headphones were beeing disconnected after I adjusted the volume up and sound began coming out from the speekers while the headphones were attached (i have media sounds muted on speakers).

I also enabled the "headphones" icon in the OS (i had it disabled) and discovered that if i move the phone or the earphone cable near the plug the connection is broken - the headphones icon vanishes and sometimes reappers, but sometimes not.

I have tried this with 3 different headphones that otherwise work so the problem i think is not the headphones (3 different headphones with the same defect at the same time is improbable).

So the 3.5mm audio port is probably dying in my RN3 pro right ? Can it be replaced or should I be looking for wireless headphones if i want to listen via the headphones on this 1.5 year old phone again?