MI8 + Google Pay

thugzie

Members
Feb 29, 2012
Hello,
anyone had luck to setup Google pay in mi8? I tried to do it out of the box - cts profile false. After installing Magisk and several universal fixes - still the same problem
even beta of miui 10 with magisk is not working.
I am getting an error during adding credit card - "the phone has been altered" etc.. but as I have written - even with rom out of the box + google apps (installed trough App market) - still CTS profile false :(
maybe you managed to get a working fingerprint mi8 for universal safety fix for magisk?

please help
thanks!

How did you root the phone and install google play store ?

get the file XIAOMI8-TWRP-3.2.1-CN-wzsx150-fastboot
unzip/unrar,
launch phone into fastboot, run BAT file from the files extracted, choose 2, press any key, wait. voila :)
google play you can install from xiaomi app store - enter GOOGLE into search then when you have all the results press BAIDU icon on the bottom of the screen (inside the xiaomi app store) choose an app with logo similiar to google play - install and this is the end :)

can someone give me an idiots guide on how to install the ROM please

flash TWRP, put the ROM ZIP file on the phone, enter TWRP recovery, wipe cache and dalvik (and backup first!!) choose install in the TWRP menu, point to a ROM file on the phone - and swipe to flash. that is what I did.

unzip/unrar,
launch phone into fastboot, run BAT file from the files extracted, choose 2, press any key, wait. voila :)
google play you can install from xiaomi app store - enter GOOGLE into search then when you have all the results press BAIDU icon on the bottom of the screen (inside the xiaomi app store) choose an app with logo similiar to google play - install and this is the end :)
Thank you very much friend

unzip/unrar,

Nice job, but peoples always forget most important thing. If you have TWRP that doesn`t mean that we all have it. Please put link to TWRP next time. We have no acces to your hard disk... Or maybe we will finish on some bad site with some old or not working TWRP.

edit:
I found TWRP on https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=674106145207493388
There is 2 BAT file inside.. Which one to use?

Last edited:
Reactions: ingin7
And what people forget is to say most important thing, Unlock bootloader first or you risk to brick your phone

Nice job, but peoples always forget most important thing. If you have TWRP that doesn`t mean that we all have it. Please put link to TWRP next time. We have no acces to your hard disk... Or maybe we will finish on some bad site with some old or not working TWRP.

edit:
I found TWRP on https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=674106145207493388
There is 2 BAT file inside.. Which one to use?

mi8-twrp一键刷入工具

Reactions: Solarfox