New MIUI 10 - No bluetooth media audio sound on Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer car radios

motofan

Members
Jun 19, 2018
Redmi Note 5 Global with 8.6.16 HMNote5Pro ROM:
AAC codec problem. No BT media audio sound. Only call sound works.
In the developer options menu with the SBC codec media audio sound works, but the phones automaticly sets back the muted AAC codec to default :(

Not hardware problem, because with the 9.2.13.0 (Nougat based ROM), there was perfect BT media audio sound.

There has to be somebody here smart enough to be able to make it so we can change the default BT codec from aac to sbc and make it stick.
I have the next to last pioneer dab reciever and aac won´t connect but on the deh x8700 pioneer model my mix 2 connects promptly the way it should with aac as default.
I should add that BT connects fine , only the audio won´t play using aac codec.

At monday I went to a car audio hi-fi shop, and we have tested 11 bluetooth car headunits, 2017/2018 modellyear Alpine, Kenwood, JVC and Pioneer modells. No one works (no one gives media audio sound) with Xiaomi's Android 8 ROM. The seller said, all the car hi-fi systems uses the same bluetooth module inside. In the shop there was no older 2015/2016 car hi-fi modells to test.

I don't understand Xiaomi why doesn't repair tihis bug. There is is a lot of forum threads on XDA, and Xiaomi's forum with this problem. This is not a new bug, it comes with Android 8.

tpaulussen xda user wrote:

I want to use my Mi6 on my car radio (Pioneer MVH-S300BT) by connecting via bluetooth. The connection is successful, but the bluetooth audio codec that the phone selects by default (AAC) doesn't give a sound. It only works when I go into the developer options and select the SBC codec by hand. This is annoying, since I need to follow all the steps everytime I want to connect both devices (it always starts the default AAC). I was wonderig if it is possibe to change some setting so the phone stays perminentsly on the SBC instead of going back to the AAC codec with every new connection?

I found this on a forum about changing the priority use of bluetooth audio codec, and ik comes close to what I am looking for:

Devices running Android 8.0 that support A2DP automatically gain the additional codec support. Device manufacturers may need to obtain separate licenses and binary blobs for some proprietary audio codecs. In addition to SBC, Android 8.0 supports the following codecs:
AAC
aptX
aptX HD
LDAC

Device manufacturers can choose which codecs their devices attempt to use first. Set the codec priorities by changing the following values in the file res/values/config.xml:

<!-- Configuring priorities of A2DP source codecs. Larger value means
higher priority. Value -1 means the codec is disabled.
Value 0 is reserved and should not be used here. Enabled codecs
should have priorities in the interval [1, 999999], and each
priority value should be unique. -->
<integer name="a2dp_source_codec_priority_sbc">1001</integer>
<integer name="a2dp_source_codec_priority_aac">2001</integer>
<integer name="a2dp_source_codec_priority_aptx">3001</integer>
<integer name="a2dp_source_codec_priority_aptx_hd">4001</integer>
<integer name="a2dp_source_codec_priority_ldac">5001</integer>

However, I could not apply this option since I was unable to find the file having these settings.

Therefore I hope someone here on the forum can help me finding the solution

Identical problem here. Anyone find a solution? If I could set SBC as the codec my Jabra Elite Active 65t Bluetooth wireless earbuds connect with then I could hear music in addition to calls. The phone automatically tries to connect them using AAC - but no music. If I go into Developer Options and change the codec to SBC - instant music.