I never received updates in my xiaomi mi 4s

tjitji

Members
Aug 13, 2018
Hello,

I have a xiaomi mi 4s for quite a long time already. My MIUI is currently in 7.2.3.0.0 (LAJCNDA), and since I have the phone, I never received an oficial system update.

Talking with some colleagues, it seems the lack of updates is due to the fact that I have a chinese rom rather than an european one. I tried to search options to do so and most of them are related with flashing my phone. This means I will loose everything in my phone, kinda like having a fresh one.

In a blog I found someone stating that if I download (for example) the MIUI 9 Stable ROM in some sort of zip file, I just have to pass it to my phone. Then, through the updater app, I just select the "choose update package", and it will update to miui 9 without having any data loss.

So, I'd really appreciate if you can give me your thoughts on this issue, namely:
1) Does this really work? Won't I have any data loss in this case?
2) Will I start receiving oficial updates if I do this?

Cheers.

Hello,

I have a xiaomi mi 4s for quite a long time already. My MIUI is currently in 7.2.3.0.0 (LAJCNDA), and since I have the phone, I never received an oficial system update.

Talking with some colleagues, it seems the lack of updates is due to the fact that I have a chinese rom rather than an european one. I tried to search options to do so and most of them are related with flashing my phone. This means I will loose everything in my phone, kinda like having a fresh one.

In a blog I found someone stating that if I download (for example) the MIUI 9 Stable ROM in some sort of zip file, I just have to pass it to my phone. Then, through the updater app, I just select the "choose update package", and it will update to miui 9 without having any data loss.

So, I'd really appreciate if you can give me your thoughts on this issue, namely:
1) Does this really work? Won't I have any data loss in this case?
2) Will I start receiving oficial updates if I do this?

Cheers.
Your rom is false, is a vendor rom

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk

What do you mean by "false"? I bought it through gear best, a normal xiaomi seller, how is that false?

I see, thanks. In that case, the option I have is to install a new rom by myself? If I do what I mention (download zip and install through Updater), is there any risk that I'll loose all the data?

I'm basically asking if there is a way to solve to vendor rom without having to flash and reset my phone

It must be reset your phone, to install a stable or an official developer rom, so it suggest to save all datas from it

Tapatalkkal küldve az én MI 6 eszközömről

I see, thanks. In that case, the option I have is to install a new rom by myself? If I do what I mention (download zip and install through Updater), is there any risk that I'll loose all the data?

I'm basically asking if there is a way to solve to vendor rom without having to flash and reset my phone
You need flash a original rom, chino/inglés language, or unlock the bootloader to flashed EU rom

You are lost all the data ti flashed. You can yo do backup into miui setup and recover if after, but only tour apps, galery, your datas, but you not recover settings.