Which Rom For Best Battery Performance?

Furkan

Members
Sep 17, 2017
Hi everyone, I started to use Xiaomi Redmi Pro(3/64) about 6 months ago and nowadays i'm using MIUI 8.3 / 7.5.25 Beta by xiaomi.eu

And I'm really complainant about the battery performance. I can use my phone 4-5 hours on screen and totally 8-10 hours. Which Rom you recommend to me for better battery experience?

I find myself satisfied using the 8.5.2.0EU. Me too in search of better battery life, I changed the miui.it rom which had quite a high battery drain, for a developer version of the Xiaomi.eu (6.12.22), without being satisfied (around 2 hours of SOT and phone on battery from 7 to 22, I often had flat battery for that time). I have to say I have no wifi coverage throughout the day from 7 in the morning to 19 in the evening, and of course I found some improvement when being under wifi coverage (maybe I had 10% more when going to bed). Nevertheless, 2h SOT and randomly appearing high battery drain was really disturbing.
Of course I also appied the two fixings proposed here on the forums, to no avail.
Now I am still testing, but the 8.5.2.0 is for sure a big improvement over what I was using before. At least it drains very little power when in stand by, and I can pick up the phone after 2 hours on the desk and it still has the same battery level or 1% less.

Are you still happy with it? I have a Redmi Pro and want good battery life. (And perhaps a new battery!)

R.

I find myself satisfied using the 8.5.2.0EU. Me too in search of better battery life, I changed the miui.it rom which had quite a high battery drain, for a developer version of the Xiaomi.eu (6.12.22), without being satisfied (around 2 hours of SOT and phone on battery from 7 to 22, I often had flat battery for that time). I have to say I have no wifi coverage throughout the day from 7 in the morning to 19 in the evening, and of course I found some improvement when being under wifi coverage (maybe I had 10% more when going to bed). Nevertheless, 2h SOT and randomly appearing high battery drain was really disturbing.
Of course I also appied the two fixings proposed here on the forums, to no avail.
Now I am still testing, but the 8.5.2.0 is for sure a big improvement over what I was using before. At least it drains very little power when in stand by, and I can pick up the phone after 2 hours on the desk and it still has the same battery level or 1% less.

Are you still happy with it? I have a Redmi Pro and want good battery life. (And perhaps a new battery!)

R.

Mate, the Redmi Pro would beat hands down all my previous phones if I were to file a rank of the worst phone I ever bought. Poor battery life despite whichever ROM I installed on it, the seller closed after having become a very well known and ubiquitously recommended shop in Italy (maybe you know who I'm talking about), and anyway it previously refused to even check the phone which developed a severe screen burn-in after less than a year, stating that even if they were getting the phone and sending it to china, the guarantee would not cover the screen damage (maybe they are not so sure about their OLED quality?). Let alone the Mediatek chipset who prevents any type of hacking or modified rom, and no hope for an upgrade from Xiaomi due to the lack of drivers (or so they say) for Android 7.

I frankly laugh at people getting 5-6 hours SOT off of their Redmi Pro, I consider it being impossible even if remaining 100% of the time under strong wifi coverage, something which is not conceivable at least in italy, except you work from home or have an accessible wifi network at work (accessible as "you have permission to connect to..").
Now, most probably due to the age of the battery (well, one and a half year, not that much) I rarely got more than 1,5 hours SOT and have to charge the phone at least twice throughout the whole day if I want to be sure that if I go out at 9 it will last another hour or so.
I was now thinking about getting another battery after I saw how easy it is to replace it (didn't notice the two screws on the bottom and thought the phone was very hard to open), in the hope that this will at least restore the original couple of hours with some 10-15% residual battery so that I am not forced to live tangled to a charge cable.

Sometimes I miss my Galaxy Nexus so much.. ;) but also that had its flaws, last but not least the emmc brickbug, which forced me to change phone..

Ow! That is really bad battery life! Have you used Battery Mix? It's a really good app for showing which apps are using battery. (Millions of apps claim to do this, but battery mix doesn't try to be clever, it just does quite a simple thing quite well.) But only use the free version. The paid version is (or was) expensive, I think it had a high monthly recurring cost. :mad:

And screen burn in? I've never heard of any phone suffering from that. I'm not impressed with the screen (mainly 'cos it doesn't display blacks and dark colours very well).

R.

Mate, the Redmi Pro would beat hands down all my previous phones if I were to file a rank of the worst phone I ever bought.