[MI5s - v.8.7.19] Bluetooth unstable

May 24, 2014
Hi everyone,
since the update to MIUI10 (since v.8.7.12 and now also with v.8.7.19) I'm experiencing problems with my bluetooth.
In short, bluetooth turns off and on by itself, making all devices (like MiBand2) try to reconnect.
It's really annoying, especially because it happens also with the car bluetooth radio.

Anyway I also reported a bug in Miui official forum post HERE.
Please if you have the same issues Confirm the bug, so it has more chances to be noticed.
thanks, Francesco

Yeah I confirm the bug, it's a big problem for MiBand, Bluetooth Speaker and so on

Same on 8.8.3..probablyb will be solved in a looong time

Hi Viselu,
I installed the Global Beta version v.8.8.2 from miui.com (not xiaomi.eu - which is based on china version) and the bug disappeared, in fact the bluetooth seems really stable.

There are 2 negative facts:
  • I installed via fastboot, so I lost all my data
  • It's global beta, not china developer, so no face unlocking - but I wouldn't use it anyway

This is the link for v8.8.2 global.

PS: Today it even updated to 8.8.9 via OTA.

Thank you! I don't want to post my data for now...so I have to wait! I am not using the face unlock too

Hi Viselu,
I installed the Global Beta version v.8.8.2 from miui.com (not xiaomi.eu - which is based on china version) and the bug disappeared, in fact the bluetooth seems really stable.

There are 2 negative facts:
  • I installed via fastboot, so I lost all my data
  • It's global beta, not china developer, so no face unlocking - but I wouldn't use it anyway

This is the link for v8.8.2 global.

PS: Today it even updated to 8.8.9 via OTA.

A couple of months ago I had several bluetooth problems (the same of this post) using miui global beta. Finally I switched to xiaomi.eu and the problem disappeared... in short words I mate exact the opposite of you. I think that the solution may be reinstall all from scratch after a factory reset...

A couple of months ago I had several bluetooth problems (the same of this post) using miui global beta. Finally I switched to xiaomi.eu and the problem disappeared... in short words I mate exact the opposite of you. I think that the solution may be reinstall all from scratch after a factory reset...
It seems it has been fixed with 8.8.16

Edit: no, they don't...

Last edited:
Reactions: Francesco Serafini
Same on 8.8.23 Bluetooth is still unstable. My car connection is closed every time after a couple of minutes