Redmi Pro thinks full batteries are at 0%

Andromike

Members
Sep 5, 2018
Dear Community Members,

tl/dr:
The Redmi Pro does not read the battery charge correctly, instead thinking the battery is empty (0%). Without the charger it powers off.

Details:
Since some weeks now I have the problem that the Redmi Pro doesn't recognize how much a battery is charged and assumes it's 0%.
  • The battery is not the issue, I tried 3 charged batteries.
  • I tried different cables, also not the issue.
  • The charging current seems to be positive using Ampere's old reading method, but it is negative using the new reading method. The USB C port looks fine.
  • The phone drains the battery normally in recovery mode.
  • Batteries seem to charge when the phone is connected to the charger.
  • I tried various roms and MIUI versions without success.
  • The andorid battery logs also see the charge of full batteries as 0%.

Is there a possible software issue I could solve?
Is there a hardware issue? What sensors are used to get a reading of the battery?

I would be very happy for any ideas or even solutions.

Thanks,
Mike

Dear Community Members,

tl/dr:
The Redmi Pro does not read the battery charge correctly, instead thinking the battery is empty (0%). Without the charger it powers off.

Details:
Since some weeks now I have the problem that the Redmi Pro doesn't recognize how much a battery is charged and assumes it's 0%.
  • The battery is not the issue, I tried 3 charged batteries.
  • I tried different cables, also not the issue.
  • The charging current seems to be positive using Ampere's old reading method, but it is negative using the new reading method. The USB C port looks fine.
  • The phone drains the battery normally in recovery mode.
  • Batteries seem to charge when the phone is connected to the charger.
  • I tried various roms and MIUI versions without success.
  • The andorid battery logs also see the charge of full batteries as 0%.

Is there a possible software issue I could solve?
Is there a hardware issue? What sensors are used to get a reading of the battery?

I would be very happy for any ideas or even solutions.

Thanks,
Mike
You could try installing battery calibration app from playstore , shut down device and load till full charge, maybe best overnight, now you have sureley a full battery. Switch the device on and run battery calibration app .Reboot device , this should do it. Battery bad calibration often happens when you'r flashing lots of different roms. I hope this will solve your issue.
Apps for example : Battery Fix and restore ( for rooted device ) and Battery Calibrator Professional ( no root )

Thank you for the suggestion, but it is not a callibration problem. I had tried battery calibration apps before without success. It seems to me a sensor is damaged, but even with a documentation of the motherboard I would not know how to fix it. I used adb and dumpsys battery for some time, but it is no longterm solution.

Thank you for the suggestion, but it is not a callibration problem. I had tried battery calibration apps before without success. It seems to me a sensor is damaged, but even with a documentation of the motherboard I would not know how to fix it. I used adb and dumpsys battery for some time, but it is no longterm solution.
Andromike I have the same problem on my Xiaomi 12T, did you find any solution?