All Miui Roms Phones Echo Issue

Cossak2007

Members
May 13, 2016
I'm from Canada and I need your help.

With my RN3 Pro SD, I have echo issues with all of the Miui stock or Xiacomi roms., whether it is Miui 7 or Miui 8 or Global roms.

I can call or receive a call from my phone directly without any echos at either end
I don't hear an echo and neither does the person I am talking to on the phone.

Problem is, when I use the phone in my car through my blue tooth car entertainment system..
I have a Kenwood DNX-691HD 2-Din Navigation System with Bluetooth and HD Radio System in my car.
The person I call has an echo at their end, whether I call them or they call me.

I do not hear any echos.
I have talked to Kenwood and tried their suggestions on changing the settings for echo cancelling and noise suppression . Echo is still there.

I have read all forums regarding echos and tried all the possible solutions that could fix my issue.
Tape over top microphone, remove the phone case, change settings in the Build.Prop, lower volume on phone and my Kenwood, move microphone in the car as to have not face any car speakers, replaced microphone, used Xposed to turn on or off noise supression etc but echo still there.

What is frustrating is that I have no echos using my Voyager Edge Mobile Bluetooth Headset and
no echos using a Blackberry phone, Motorola or Nexus phone
Only with Miui roms.

I am currently using the Resurrection Remix custom Marshmallow rom for my Redmi Note 3 Pro .
This rom does not have any echo problems at all!

Why is that?
Is the echo issue with Miui roms or in the Miui kernels or settings or what?

I am at wit's end with this problem as I would love to use Miui roms but the caller or person called at the other end using my car Kenwood system, find the echo too irritating.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Sorry for long post.

Thank you

Hey, I'm also looking for help :)

I'm in America and I have a similar problem. I also have a global Redmi Note 3 Pro (with snapdragon), and I've noticed the exact same thing with the echoing.

Admittedly, I haven't tried with MIUI. The first thing I did was get the official Cyanomodgen 13 rom on there, but the echoing is rather awful.

I'm now on the latest build (yyyy/mm/dd = 2016/08/11) of Resurrection Remix, but contrary to your experience, I get echoes on that rom too...

Hmm. One thing I just tried was use earbuds on the phone. As long as sound is channelled through the earbuds, there's no echo. It seems like the sound from the top of the phone is either channeled through the phone housing, or somehow makes it into the microphone, and gets played back to the person on the other side.. >_<

Resurrection Remix has never given me echo problems.

BUT try the Miui Global custom rom, ported from Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition
(KATE) Marshmallow 6.01. .

It gives me no echos either.

First Miui Rom that didn't echo. Lol

NEW Miui 8 Global Stable rom (Lollipop 5.1) also has a big echo issue. Waiting for the Marshmallow update that should be coming soon as beta testing began today.

You can get the ported Kate version for our Kenzo phones at en.miui.com/thread-300096-1-1.htm

Need to have bootloader unlocked & to be rooted and flash TWRP Alka image.

Need further help, pm me at cossak2007@gmail.com.

The same problem with Redmi Note 5 pro (whyred) , The problem occurs only if i use viber on speaker , on the other app the sound is good