Changing to xiaomi.eu

ciao, ho lo stesso problema che ho la nota redmi 5 (whyred) con la stable globale 10.0.1.0 poiché il mio telefono è ARB4 ho paura di combinare qualche problema. Posso passare a .eu dev senza problemi? grazie

Same here. Mine was ARB 4 ever since I bought it (as it had 9.6.4 global stock preinstalled), got updated to MIUI 10.0.1 OEIMIFH a week ago. This entire ARB thing freaks me out, wouldn't want to brick my wife's phone, hell I haven't even unlocked the bootloader yet. I would like to update to xiaomi.eu 10 stable though.
Now then, I scoured through this forum and all I got was a bunch of contradictory information: xiaomi.eu is fw-less (or whatever it's called) and won't affect the ARB "counter", but it's based on chinese stable, which lags behind the global in development, and will brick the device if installed.
As for twrp and root, I read all sorts of guides: flash latest twrp from twrp.me and then: a) lazy flasher, b) dummy.img beforehand, c) use orangefox recovery or red wolf (or whatever). Completely lost.
This was so easy with redmi 3s. Done in 5 minutes, worked like clock. Now I just don't dare.

Maybe @ingbrzy could chime in and help us here? (thanks in advance)

Regards

i just by redmi note 5 pro...

if i have ARB counter 4 and i want to flash miui.eu rom, so i need :

1. Boot twrp
2. Flash miui eu rom
is the miui version also have to higher then what global installed in my phone?
3. Flash Lazy flasher so my twrp will stick?

is that true steps?

sorry.. dont know much about Anti roll back..
just affraid.

Thank You

Hi Guys
I am in the same boat. I brought a new device and its Arb 4. I am waiting to unlock bootloader and want to flash EU rom but want to know If its a straight forward patch using TWRP or do I need to keep any process in mind.
Thanks

hey guys, just wait a few days and i'll be flashing my first eu rom in my RN5AI. the waiting time is up this thursday, so i should be able to unlock the bootloader by then. in the meantime i changed the stock rom from 10.x.x.x stable global to 8.9.20 beta/developer global to be at least closer to the eu rom to flash this weekend. will document the steps when successful. knock on wood..

hey guys, just wait a few days and i'll be flashing my first eu rom in my RN5AI. the waiting time is up this thursday, so i should be able to unlock the bootloader by then. in the meantime i changed the stock rom from 10.x.x.x stable global to 8.9.20 beta/developer global to be at least closer to the eu rom to flash this weekend. will document the steps when successful. knock on wood..

Well, be careful. From what I gather, changing from beta/developer to stable of any sort is perceived as downgrade and could trigger ARB i.e. brick your device.

Sound perception, however prior to flashing the EU rom this weekend, I have no intention of going back to stable global. Will just stay with beta global 8.9.20. Much appreciated. ;)

Ahhh, finally unlocked the bootloader while at global beta 8.9.20. Thereafter the phone got an OTA update to 8.10.11 global beta. Kept the phone for a few hours while going thru the paces. Nothing new observed.
Now, the preparations prior to flashing the latest EU rom with the same version as the Miui rom, 8.10.11. Downloaded twrp 3.2.3-0-whyred.img and the EU rom for whyred device. Next flashed twrp recovery via fastboot. Rebooted the phone to twrp recovery. Inserted the otg drive where the 8.10.11 EU rom was stored. Flashed the rom after doing a full wipe of data, cache, dalvik-cache. Upon completion, rebooted to system. Voila, the phone is now rocking EU rom 8.10.11. Piece of cake, no hiccups in the process. ARB be damned, where are you?

Ahhh, finally unlocked the bootloader while at global beta 8.9.20. Thereafter the phone got an OTA update to 8.10.11 global beta. Kept the phone for a few hours while going thru the paces. Nothing new observed.
Now, the preparations prior to flashing the latest EU rom with the same version as the Miui rom, 8.10.11. Downloaded twrp 3.2.3-0-whyred.img and the EU rom for whyred device. Next flashed twrp recovery via fastboot. Rebooted the phone to twrp recovery. Inserted the otg drive where the 8.10.11 EU rom was stored. Flashed the rom after doing a full wipe of data, cache, dalvik-cache. Upon completion, rebooted to system. Voila, the phone is now rocking EU rom 8.10.11. Piece of cake, no hiccups in the process. ARB be damned, where are you?
ingbrzy and the developers remove the files from the rom that update the bootloader for whyred devices. There is no ARB in these roms from Xiaomi.eu. If you were anti-3 before coming to this rom, you still are and will continue to be anti-3.

Reactions: emilstf
ingbrzy and the developers remove the files from the rom that update the bootloader for whyred devices. There is no ARB in these roms from Xiaomi.eu. If you were anti-3 before coming to this rom, you still are and will continue to be anti-3.

Good move on the part of xiaomi.eu developers..

So whats everyones recommendations for latest "best" weekly EU rom? I literally have a few days to go before I can unlock my bootloader. Was considering EU global stable, but I know from previous experience the weekly roms can be just as stable/usable for daily use and also have have fixes for things that weren't rolled out in the stable version.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

From a standpoint of more advanced features, the weekly has it vis-a-vis the stable version. Note that the stable has less frequent updates.
Thanks, are you continuously updating each week or have you settled on a particular weekly rom?

Finally got my bootloader unlocked last nite, twrp installed and flashed the latest EU weekly, really loving it so far.

Reactions: heksmi

You did not wipe the system? As you make a full wipe? Wiping dalvik cache system and data before flashing your rom?

MIUI rom install pushes partition image to system and all old stuff is gone after that, no need for wipe that.
5 days from now i can unlock my bootloader so I want to install miui 10 stable eu rom for my redmi note 5 ai. Is it okay to use the HM Note 5 pro rom(name)? Will it not affect the camera? Coz i have been reading some articles that pro and ai have different camera sensors. And we cannot flash because of camera may possibly wont work?

5 days from now i can unlock my bootloader so I want to install miui 10 stable eu rom for my redmi note 5 ai. Is it okay to use the HM Note 5 pro rom(name)? Will it not affect the camera? Coz i have been reading some articles that pro and ai have different camera sensors. And we cannot flash because of camera may possibly wont work?

There are two models of redmi note 5, one is actually called the Redmi 5 Plus (code name Vince) and has the snapdragon 625 and a single rear camera. The other model is the Redmi Note 5 Pro (code name Whyred) , it has snapdragon 636 and dual rear cameras. There is no other AI model, although there is a Chinese variant, but it has the same hardware as the regular Note 5 Pro. The AI moniker is basically just a marketing label.
So if you've got the Redmi note 5 Pro with dual cams on the rear, you've got Whyred and you would flash HM Note 5 Pro. Hope this helps.

There are two models of redmi note 5, one is actually called the Redmi 5 Plus (code name Vince) and has the snapdragon 625 and a single rear camera. The other model is the Redmi Note 5 Pro (code name Whyred) , it has snapdragon 636 and dual rear cameras. There is no other AI model, although there is a Chinese variant, but it has the same hardware as the regular Note 5 Pro. The AI moniker is basically just a marketing label.
So if you've got the Redmi note 5 Pro with dual cams on the rear, you've got Whyred and you would flash HM Note 5 Pro. Hope this helps.

Thank you it sure helps a lot

Reactions: emilstf