Mi Mix 3 will be announced on 25th October 2018

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Expect ROMs after general release, the phone is also said to support the new 5G network technology, has manual front slider housing sensors and selfie camera and such, 6.4 inch AMOLED screen, near 99.9% Screen to Body ratio, 3D face unlock, dual rear 20mp cameras, 10GB RAM (possible) and likely Snapdragon 845 SoC.

xiaomi-mi-mix3.jpg
xiaomi-mi-mix3-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: marcodj
Mark do you have any inside information about that it will support band20?
I think so because Mix2 and Mix2s support it...
Going to enjoy my poco till the mix3 comes out :p

Mark do you have any inside information about that it will support band20?
I think so because Mix2 and Mix2s support it...
Going to enjoy my poco till the mix3 comes out :p
No information, sorry.

Xiaomis launch is in the Palace Museum in the Forbidden City.

Is that a major PR coup, or just normal business?

Xiaomis launch is in the Palace Museum in the Forbidden City.

Is that a major PR coup, or just normal business?
PR, its Xiaomi. all about that HYPE :) They are after all the inventors of innovation... (like Apple) *cough* FIND X DID IT FIRST *cough* They will make some bold claims of innovation, ok... 5G is a first, 10GB RAM, ok... But the rest is pretty mediocre at best. 100% Screen to body is not even attainable - there is still a slight chin.

PR, its Xiaomi. all about that HYPE :) They are after all the inventors of innovation... (like Apple) *cough* FIND X DID IT FIRST *cough* They will make some bold claims of innovation, ok... 5G is a first, 10GB RAM, ok... But the rest is pretty mediocre at best. 100% Screen to body is not even attainable - there is still a slight chin.

I was thinking maybe they had to pull some major strings to get into the Palace Museum.
Or is it for rent to just anyone?

Have not seen anything especially interesting in the various leaks, but Qualcomms new 60Ghz wifi seems fascinating, if they have that in it.

I was thinking maybe they had to pull some major strings to get into the Palace Museum.
Or is it for rent to just anyone?

Have not seen anything especially interesting in the various leaks, but Qualcomms new 60Ghz wifi seems fascinating, if they have that in it.
Im sure due to the 'gov' relationship they pulled some big strings. Anyway, see tomorrow I guess for the other cruft.

Palace special edition buyable I suppose as an speculative investment - future collectors item.

But you then have to leave it in the box, unopened.

I think this smartphone with the xiaomi.eu Rom is a great duo.

It looks very nice, assuming the screen is of good quality and the slider mechanism can be gotten used to.

But there's not much in it at all that is better for me personally than my Mix1.

But, the pricing looks quite reasonable, so I will probably get one eventually.
Likely not untill next year, when the European 5G version is supposed to be released.

It looks very nice, assuming the screen is of good quality and the slider mechanism can be gotten used to.

But there's not much in it at all that is better for me personally than my Mix1.

But, the pricing looks quite reasonable, so I will probably get one eventually.
Likely not untill next year, when the European 5G version is supposed to be released.
Mix 1 camera is trash, there is no reason to get Mix 3 if you have a Mix 2S for example. Little changes and honestly, the slider is HORRIBLE!

Mix 1 camera is trash, there is no reason to get Mix 3 if you have a Mix 2S for example. Little changes and honestly, the slider is HORRIBLE!

I'll have to have it in my hand for a while to know if I like the slider or not, hard to say.

With *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* the Mix1 camera is quite good, and Mi camera has been improved vastly in recent updates, is now nearly as good as *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*.

16Mpixels is not so much worse than 12 + 12 in the back, and I never do selfies, so who cares about the front.

Admittedly, the cameras are the main advantage of the Mix3, especially if you do video conferencing or crave AI AR ~ faked reality. - but for me personally, all that AI beautify stuff is not so important.

I'll have to have it in my hand for a while to know if I like the slider or not, hard to say.

With *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* the Mix1 camera is quite good, and Mi camera has been improved vastly in recent updates, is now nearly as good as *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*.

16Mpixels is not so much worse than 12 + 12 in the back, and I never do selfies, so who cares about the front.

Admittedly, the cameras are the main advantage of the Mix3, especially if you do video conferencing or crave AI AR ~ faked reality. - but for me personally, all that AI beautify stuff is not so important.
The AI stuff is not the only thing, the Mix 1 has not got the same level of camera as mix 2 or Mix 2s or Mix 3.

On weibo now:
(no "Mix3s"?)

Lei Jun
18 minutes ago from Xiaomi 9 Xiaomi MIX3 5G version, European retail price, 599 euros.
@小米手机: MWC millet global conference, Xiaomi's first 5G mobile phone: #Xiaomi MIX3#5G version officially released, Xiaomi became one of the world's first commercial 5G mobile phone manufacturers!

Xiaomi MIX3#5G version, Xiaolong 855+X50 Modem, download rate up to 2Gbps+, download movie fast, live demonstration of 5G video call. Application of aviation polymer heat dissipation technology, phase change high-efficiency heat conduction system, and other there are, color ceramic, magnetic power slide, starting from 599 euros.

Last edited: