Mi A2 not able to boot after 5 november security update

KarlJonckheere

Members
Nov 15, 2018
Hey,

Today I rebooted my phone to finish the installation of the security update of 5 november. Sadly the phone crashed completely and showed me an error message with the option to 'try again' or 'reset to factory settings'. I did 'try again' first, it starts to boot, and then a cycle of my background - black screen - my background -... starts until the phone gives up and shows the error message again. After trying 'try again' a couple of times I was forced to 'reset to factory settings'. This works fine, but as soon as I install the update again and reboot the phone, I get the same problem.

Does anyone have an idea what is causing this and how I'm supposed to fix it? I searched the internet for similar questions and can't find anything. I would like to be able to keep updating my phone, which is barely 3 months old...

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Karl

Hey Karl,

I experienced the same problem with my one month old Mi A2 Lite. After sending the problem to the company that manages the warranty, I can send my Phone to a Xiaomi repair service in France. I suggest you do the same as there is no solution to solve this problem ourselves.

Hey

Same issue here. I sent the phone back to Amazon and ordered the same one again :)

Regards