MIX 2S has VENDOR partition locked as Read Only

Nuno Rocha

Members
Mar 19, 2014
Hello,
I have flashed 8.10.25 and I cant use a app called NFC Card Emulator. It needs root to work. In global ROM I can use it and emulate some acess cards at work but in XIAOMI.EU ROM I cant emulate any card because it says that VENDOR pertition is locked. Tried some things as tried to mount it as read/write in root explorer but dont work.

Is there any way to unlock that partition in future build?
Best Regards.

Weird. I have reflashed the ROM and then flash again magisk 17.3 and how itens works well.

I just flash the rom again to remove root. Booted normally without flash magisk.
Once the phone has booted, I rebooted it into twrp and reflashed magisk 17.3. booted into system again and the app I needed to work is fine no.
No more vendor error

If you still have the same error, try to boot into twrp, go to MOUNT and select VENDOR. reboot and it should work

If you still have the same error, try to boot into twrp, go to MOUNT and select VENDOR. reboot and it should work
Thank u! I finally found out that I can directly modify VENDOR files from within TWRP. Once that's done, I no longer have any problems even within Android. Might be the MOUNT action that pulls the trigger. Thanks anyway!