TWRP Mi Mix 3

you can not boot TWRP.. you have to flash it.. fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

What ingbrzy said, but try this.

1. Put phone in the fastboot mode (switch it off, then press and hold power + volume down for a couple of seconds)
2. Flash twrp through fastboot (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img)
3. Switch phone off completly by holding power + volume down again
4. Boot phone into recovery by holding power + volume up
5. The phone will boot into twrp

This is what I did and it installed fine.

Thanks for your replys.
@ ingbrzy: yes, i flash it and then i try to boot with " fastboot boot twrp.img" but then MIUI starts.
@br3tty: thanks, i try your way at the evening when i'm at Home.

What ingbrzy said, but try this.

1. Put phone in the fastboot mode (switch it off, then press and hold power + volume down for a couple of seconds)
3. Switch phone off completly by holding power + volume down again
4. Boot phone into recovery by holding power + volume up

This is what I did and it installed fine.
Sorry, I have try your way but still cannot

Sorry, I have try your way but still cannot

Hi,

Have the same problem but the method above working great.

If not try this:

3. Boot TWRP (fastboot boot twrp.img)
4. When phone screen become black, hold power + volume up until it vibrate then release all

++

Reactions: favnyr
Hi,

Have the same problem but the method above working great.

If not try this:

3. Boot TWRP (fastboot boot twrp.img)
4. When phone screen become black, hold power + volume up until it vibrate then release all

++
Still can't, I don't know what's problem

I flashed the twrp recovery linked in the weekly Rom download section. The thing is that all the memory is encrypted. What can I do?

I flashed the twrp recovery linked in the weekly Rom download section. The thing is that all the memory is encrypted. What can I do?
Format data from twrp, copy rom on mobile, wipe n reboot to system

Inviato dal mio MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

There is a link for the TWRP to download please ? i will got the MIX 3 special 10Gb very soon please !
Thanks You

Thanks for your replys.
@ ingbrzy: yes, i flash it and then i try to boot with " fastboot boot twrp.img" but then MIUI starts.
@br3tty: thanks, i try your way at the evening when i'm at Home.

I experience the exact same issue...

I mistakenly did "fastboot boot twrp.img" and now my phone is in a bootloop, it shows the Mi logo once (no dots) and then again and boots back into recovery (TWRP or Mi-Recovery 3.0, whatever is on your /recovery partition)

Only way to boot the phone is by doing "fastboot boot twrp.img" and after a little while it starts booting, but without working audio (due most likely kernel differences).

flash_all_except_storage.sh on latest china stable (which I came from) no fix, the issues persist.... :(
Doing reboot --> System in TWRP gives the same loop, fastboot continue does it too.

If anyone finds a solution let me know, I'm searching for it as well.....

EDIT: Flashing xiaomi.eu latest dev (MIUI10.3) made the dots appear in the boot process but never finished booting (too many boot issues in logcat), flashing back the .12 china stable and booting with the "fastboot boot twrp.img" does no longer boot the system..... I think I messed up my data now as well

EDIT2: Wiped full system, its booting again... So sad all my data is gone, need to reinstall everything again >: (

Last edited:
I experience the exact same issue...

I mistakenly did "fastboot boot twrp.img" and now my phone is in a bootloop, it shows the Mi logo once (no dots) and then again and boots back into recovery (TWRP or Mi-Recovery 3.0, whatever is on your /recovery partition)

Only way to boot the phone is by doing "fastboot boot twrp.img" and after a little while it starts booting, but without working audio (due most likely kernel differences).

flash_all_except_storage.sh on latest china stable (which I came from) no fix, the issues persist.... :(
Doing reboot --> System in TWRP gives the same loop, fastboot continue does it too.

If anyone finds a solution let me know, I'm searching for it as well.....

EDIT: Flashing xiaomi.eu latest dev (MIUI10.3) made the dots appear in the boot process but never finished booting (too many boot issues in logcat), flashing back the .12 china stable and booting with the "fastboot boot twrp.img" does no longer boot the system..... I think I messed up my data now as well

EDIT2: Wiped full system, its booting again... So sad all my data is gone, need to reinstall everything again >: (
With the chinese twrp, till now, the only one avaible,command to boot twrp doesn't work. The only way is to flash twrp, n also if screen stay on mi mascotte, manually boot twrp (power + vol+).
Then format data in wipe menu n then u can flash all that u want.

With the chinese twrp, till now, the only one avaible,command to boot twrp doesn't work. The only way is to flash twrp, n also if screen stay on mi mascotte, manually boot twrp (power + vol+).
Then format data in wipe menu n then u can flash all that u want.

Yes. This is the problem I ran into with the Mi Mix 3. If you follow the instructions and just reboot with the fastboot command, it boots back to the MIUI recovery. After issuing the fastboot boot recovery.img command, I immediately held down the power & Vol+, and it booted back to TWRP. To switch languages, touch the third button down in the right column, then touch the globe at the top right.

This ROM is fantastic. Much as I like vanilla Android, the best performing ROMs over the years have always been the ones based on the ROM designed for the device.

Oh okay thanks ! i think i will installe the latest Weekly rom when i receive my MIX 3 Forbidden city Edition

For my MIX 3 forbidden city at 10Gb i can flash the TWRP perseus ont this website right ???
or there is a specific link pls ?

For my MIX 3 forbidden city at 10Gb i can flash the TWRP perseus ont this website right ???
or there is a specific link pls ?
I repeat u...mix 3 is always same device, forbidden city is a special edition, but have same hardware. Bcs is more expensive doesn't means is another device.
Perseus is code name of 6/128 n Perseus is code name of forbidden city, understood?

Reactions: Zouiguipopo
Yes i know that you already told me lol but i mean there is only one TWRP right ? no other version ?