Invalid .fuelgauge.PowerModeSettings is missing, cannot set performance mode, using only 1.4ghz cores instead of 1.8ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTOMATO

Members
May 27, 2017
Hi,

I installed xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMAXPro_V10.1.1.0.NBDCNFI_v10-7.0.zip on my Mi Max Prime

Tried changing performance mode by reaching quick shortcut to .fuelgauge.PowerModeSettings, installing MI verification app and running via adb.

The activity just doesn't exists.

adb shell am start -n "com.android.settings/.fuelgauge.PowerModeSettings"

Now i am stuck without 4 cores at 1.4 instead of 4 x 1.4 + 4 x 1.8

:(

And how is this a bug? This is how MIUI works, that activity is just not available.

And how is this a bug? This is how MIUI works, that activity is just not available.
This activity was available in MIUI 8 & 9, being able to use 8 cores in my phone, now i am stuck to 4 low-end cores all time.

Now my phone is slower than usual.

Reactions: cobben
This activity was available in MIUI 8 & 9, being able to use 8 cores in my phone, now i am stuck to 4 low-end cores all time.

Just checked with Aida64 and a compute intensive compression utility - the 4 fast cores do seem to always stay asleep even when the 4 slow ones are maxed out.

8.12.13 eu

I'll try one of the benchmarking utilities later this week.

What's your point? MIUI 10 is not MIUI 8/9. We haven't removed those classes, so you can address your complains directly to Xiaomi, we have no control over it.

so you can address your complains directly to Xiaomi, we have no control over it.
Implying Xiaomi cares, but you know what? whatever. It's useless to argue with you.

the 4 fast cores do seem to always stay asleep even when the 4 slow ones are maxed out.

This is exactly what happens to me. I tried changing the governor with root + Kernel Auditor, changing the cores manually, but nothing happens.

I love how Igor calls it invalid, when we are using EU roms because the same fact that Xiaomi doesn't care about it's older models, I wouln't be here if Mi MAX wasn't supported, but hey thanks anyway

I love how Igor calls it invalid, when we are using EU roms because the same fact that Xiaomi doesn't care about it's older models, I wouln't be here if Mi MAX wasn't supported, but hey thanks anyway

Well, Igor is probably correct about your original query, but whether he can do anything about the CPU governor I have no idea.
That is probably a Xiaomi problem, but maybe he could tweak it.

One could get the idea that Xiaomi is pulling an
"Apple" trick, slowing down old phones unnaturally to push folks into buying new ones.

Reactions: DJTOMATO
By the way, I marked it "Invalid" because it's not a bug. A bug is something that works not as designed. Something that doesn't work like you want it to work, is not a bug by definition. What you're asking is a feature request, not a bug report.
I'm responsible for upper-level mods, mostly. However, @ingbrzy is our kernel champ, let's hear his thoughts.

By the way, I marked it "Invalid" because it's not a bug. A bug is something that works not as designed. Something that doesn't work like you want it to work, is not a bug by definition. What you're asking is a feature request, not a bug report.
I'm responsible for upper-level mods, mostly. However, @ingbrzy is our kernel champ, let's hear his thoughts.

Thanks for the clarification, now I have it more clear, Hopefully you guys can reenable this, my Mix 2S got stolen and I had to use my Max again, and it's incredible sluggish and slow.

I don't get why If I paid for 8 Cores I only can use 4 of them. I used all of them with no problem on MIUI 8, Also with MIUI 10 and Root, Kernel Auditer does not work.

I tried some benchmarking tools but the overlay was removed, anyway in any high resource app the BIG cores never turn on

h2i9Z93.jpg

@ingbrzy

Considering three different users have confirmed this "programmed obsolescence" by Xiaomi on EU Custom Rom, Could you guys check it once more and if possible add it as a tweak on the next MIUI update? My camera is stuttering horribly.

Thanks in Advance.

@ingbrzy @Igor Eisberg

Mine is working normally otherwise.

I remember there being a similar problem with Mix1 last winter, official Xiaomi roms, only 2 of 4 cores working.
I think it was fixed in connection with the introduction of MIUI 10, but don't remember exactly.

Upon reboot all cores work, but after 3 minutes they start shutting down permanently
Screenshot_2018-12-21-04-51-23-686_skynet.cputhrottlingtest.png
Screenshot_2018-12-21-04-52-40-664_skynet.cputhrottlingtest.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-21-04-51-23-686_skynet.cputhrottlingtest.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-21-04-51-23-686_skynet.cputhrottlingtest.png
    204 KB · Views: 157
lmao eu devs supporting xiaomi shady tactics, moving to iphone
thanks
close the thread already

Status
Not open for further replies.