Mi 8 4G+ Band Aggregation

Is it posisble to flash global firmware in xioami.eu :D ? It could solve problem.

It is if course possible, be my guest!
Try it and report back what happens, if anything!

One problem is in knowing where information is kept.
The firmware file NON-HLOS.bin has supposedly the radio modem configuration, or at least the 4G/LTE part - I haven't been able to find out for sure.

That file is different in the latest Global Stable resp. China stable for both my Mi Mix1 and MI Note 2.

However, that file is exactly the same for the Global stable for Mi Mix1 and for MI Note 2.
( I have compared hashes for the files.)

Since Mi Note 2 has more LTE bands than Mix1, that means that some part of the devices' 4G modem configuration is kept somewhere else than in that file.

Perhaps in the persist partition, perhaps in some other firmware file, perhaps in the rom.

Last edited:
It is if course possible, be my guest!
Try it and report back what happens, if anything!

One problem is in knowing where information is kept.
The firmware file NON-HLOS.bin has supposedly the radio modem configuration, or at least the 4G/LTE part - I haven't been able to find out for sure.

That file is different in the latest Global Stable resp. China stable for both my Mi Mix1 and MI Note 2.

However, that file is exactly the same for the Global stable for Mi Mix1 and for MI Note 2.
( I have compared hashes for the files.)

Since Mi Note 2 has more LTE bands than Mix1, that means that some part of the devices' 4G modem configuration is kept somewhere else than in that file.

Perhaps in the persist partition, perhaps in some other firmware file, perhaps in the rom.
I cannot check it yet on mi8. I have to wait for 280h :( to unlock bootloader :(

I cannot check it yet on mi8. I have to wait for 280h :( to unlock bootloader :(

I would just like to know why Xiaomi has 3 different NON-HLOS.bin files in it's 4 most recent roms for my Mix1 and Note 2:

1.Global stable
2. China stable
3. China & Global developer (these 2 have the same).

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "cobben, post: 471125, member: 185581"] Vous pouvez vérifier si le micrologiciel est différent du micrologiciel chinois de votre appareil.

Ils sont souvent les mêmes, mais pas toujours.
J'ai vérifié mes Mix1, ils sont maintenant différents pour les dernières écuries.iTunes
Résultat sarkari Notepad++
Xiaomi.eu utilise un firmware chinois pour autant que je sache.
Vous pouvez essayer de télécharger le micrologiciel Global, s'il est différent et si vous vous sentez aventureux.

Xiaomi not same an version of MIUI Russian pour certains appareils plus récents.
J'ai supposé qu'il s'agissait d'une variante de la version Global, mais que les périphériques étaient réellement différés, qu'il pouvait être intéressant de vérifier leurs firmwares également. [/ CITATION]
Dans les appareils plus récents, tels que Mix2s et Mi8, ils ont été autorisés à jouer entre plusieurs bandes, mais ils n'ont pas changé.
Il y a eu quelques articles / discussions ici à propos de cette année dernière, je pense.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE = "cobben, post: 471690, member: 185581"] Xiaomi has 3 different NOT-HLOS.bin files in it's most recent roms for my Mix1 and Note 2:

1.Global stable
2. China stable
3. China & Global developer (these 2 have the same). [/ QUOTE]

Most all phones use different Non.hlos.bin files depending on the market. Usually the three types are this: China, Global, and US.

The NON-HLOS.bin file is nothing more than the modem driver. But the file also allows radio frequencies to be opened or closed. You can create a backup of your QCN using QPST, and then use the copy to edit your bands...unlocking what is needed. Again, this is how it works in other phones. So be cautious, I am not sure if Xiaomi has locked the ability to do this. But I can not imagine why they would.

Last edited:
Ich bin sehr enttäuschend.
In der Global ROM funktioniert 4g+ und in der EU ROM funktioniert es nicht.
Und auf die Frage, ob ein Developer es checken kann, wurde mir nur dumm geantwortet.

I am very disappointing.
4g+ works in the Global ROM and it does not work in the EU ROM.
And when asked if a developer can check it, I was only stupidly answered.

Ich bin sehr enttäuschend.
In der Global ROM funktioniert 4g+ und in der EU ROM funktioniert es nicht.
Und auf die Frage, ob ein Developer es checken kann, wurde mir nur dumm geantwortet.

I am very disappointing.
4g+ works in the Global ROM and it does not work in the EU ROM.
And when asked if a developer can check it, I was only stupidly answered.

CA will only give you a marginal improvement in Internet performance, at least in my limited experience.

CA is I believe also used by the operators primarily to keep their costs down, not to give their customers higher download speeds.

Thirdly I have found that this whole LTE band/CA thing is not easy to understand for non-experts in the field, and is most likely outside the area of competence of the Xiaomi.eu team.
Which is not to be construed as criticism of the Xiaomi.eu team.

As a former electronics engineer with experience of communications electronics, I realize how hard it can be.

If I had had any LTE problems with my devices, I would definitely try flashing a global firmware over an EU rom to see if it made any difference.
You should always be able to recover by just reflashing the EU ROM, worst case fastboot flash a official China ROM.

Just be careful with ARB, and relocking the bootloader.
And there is always the risk that something else will be affected by the new firmware, hard to say exactly what.

By firmware I mean these, which are used mainly by AOSP folks:

https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/

DYODD

Last edited:
I flashed Global Firmware (not ROM).
LTE+ is working.LTE+ Speed ist much better. But no GSM or telephone App.
Phone Call is not working. So I flashed back to EU .

Last edited:
I flashed Global Firmware (not ROM).
LTE+ is working.LTE+ Speed ist much better. But no GSM.
Phone Call is not working. So I flashed back to EU .

I am guessing that there is information or settings for the modem kept somewhere outside of the modem partition, either in the rom or - likely - in the persist partition.

Recovery roms, including the EU ROMs, do not contain the persist partition, it seems to only be provided in the fastboot ROMs.

If this is the case, you would have to extract a persist.img file from a global fastboot ROM and flash it to your device also, besides the global firmware.
If the TWRP can handle that.

Alternatively, probably better, would be to first fastboot flash a official Global ROM, then flash TWRP again and the EU ROM, then flash the global firmware.

Interesting stuff ITT

I also don't have the necessary knowledge to start messing around with flashing different firmware or modem / persist images but maybe we can get this sorted with thelp from the Xiaomi.eu team. :)

@cobben @Stoffl
Gibt auch Unterschiede im Wifi.
Global ROM 866Mbps max
EU ROM 433Mbps max

Leider habe ich in der Global ROM Probleme mit GooglePay und dem Play-Store.

Vielleicht haben wir Glück und ein Developer schaut sich das Thema an und kann die Vorzüge der Global ROM ins EU ROM integrieren.

Are also differences in the Wifi.
Global ROM 866Mbps max
EU ROM 433Mbps max

Unfortunately I have problems with GooglePay and the Play-Store in the Global ROM.

Maybe we are lucky and a developer looks at the topic and can integrate the advantages of the Global ROM into the EU ROM.

@cobben @Stoffl
Global ROM 866Mbps max
EU ROM 433Mbps max

Vielleicht haben wir Glück und ein Developer schaut sich das Thema an und kann die Vorzüge der Global ROM ins EU ROM integrieren.

Global ROM 866Mbps max
EU ROM 433Mbps max

Unfortunately I have problems with GooglePay and the Play-Store in the Global ROM.

Maybe we are lucky and a developer looks at the topic and can integrate the advantages of the Global ROM into the EU ROM.
Could you install wifi bonding magisk module?

@cobben @Stoffl
Global ROM 866Mbps max
EU ROM 433Mbps max

Global ROM 866Mbps max
EU ROM 433Mbps max

I would be willing to do some experiments if I had a device with problems.
Since my primary devices (Mix1, Note2) are all working correctly (with the exception for a minor wifi problem on Max1 helium) on both 4G mobile and wifi, I don't feel like changing anything just to experiment.

Those kinds of differences in wifi capacity can depend on a lot of things outside the phone, like competition from neighboring wifi networks, how the router is set up, etc.
You have to compare things over a period of time, like a week or so, to be able to tell.

Idk but wifi seems to fine to me?

XzKpZuB_d.jpg

There's a s**t load of active wifis in my area so actual throughput isn't the best but I'm getting 866mbit connection on xiaomi.EU.

@cobben
Da hast du mich falsch verstanden.
Ich meine nicht die tatsächlich Geschwindigkeit, sondern die maximal Mögliche.!

Schaue unter
“Einstellungen - Mein Gerät - Alle Spezifikationen“ mehrmals auf
"Gesamter Speicher"
tippen.
>Telefon-Informationen !

Global ROM > LTE+ und WiFi 866Mbps
EU ROM > LTE und WiFi 433Mbps

Das ist ein Unterschied in der ROM.
Warum ist es in der Global ROM möglich ?
Hardware ist identisch.

Since you have misunderstood me.
I do not mean the actual speed, but the maximum possible.

Watch
"Settings - My Device - All Specifications" several times
"Total memory"
tap.
> Phone information!

Global ROM> LTE + and WiFi 866Mbps
EU ROM> LTE and WiFi 433Mbps

That's a difference in the ROM.
Why is it possible in the Global ROM?
Hardware is identical.

You know what I mean ?

Reactions: cobben
Check my Screenshot again, top right..
Yes miui wifi settings info will also show 866mbit connection

I get 866mbit connection on both my xiaomi.eu devices(mi 8 and mi pad 4)

*edit*
Oh sorry, you weren't responding to my post

Last edited:
F***:emoji_bow:
MI4S get 866mbit EU ROM
MI8 get 433mbit EU ROM
MI8 get 866mbit Global ROM

It's time to go outside. It's a sunny day.
Thanks all.:emoji_vulcan:

@cobben
Da hast du mich falsch verstanden.
Ich meine nicht die tatsächlich Geschwindigkeit, sondern die maximal Mögliche.!

Schaue unter
“Einstellungen - Mein Gerät - Alle Spezifikationen“ mehrmals auf
"Gesamter Speicher"
tippen.
>Telefon-Informationen !

Global ROM > LTE+ und WiFi 866Mbps
EU ROM > LTE und WiFi 433Mbps

Das ist ein Unterschied in der ROM.
Warum ist es in der Global ROM möglich ?
Hardware ist identisch.

Since you have misunderstood me.
I do not mean the actual speed, but the maximum possible.

Watch
"Settings - My Device - All Specifications" several times
"Total memory"
tap.
> Phone information!

Global ROM> LTE + and WiFi 866Mbps
EU ROM> LTE and WiFi 433Mbps

That's a difference in the ROM.
Why is it possible in the Global ROM?
Hardware is identical.

You know what I mean ?

I don't see that information, just the current wifi speed 90Mbs, low because I'm far from the router.

Actually the router runs Channel 7+11 aggregation, which gives twice the speed. That doesn't show up anywhere.

Where in the Phone info do you see any LTE speed information?

No Issues with carrier aggregation for me on xiaomi.EU , it's just that it's rarely possible with my provider apparently.

Sometimes when I'm not home it'll connect with lte+ on Band 20 + 7.
This provider has licensed bands 3, 7 and 20.

I think the issue is mainly that 3+7 isn't supported?

Same problem for me on my mi8 pro. With the global i have a 4g+ on H3G in Italy but with the .EU this don't work.

Das Problem hat sich erledigt.
Alles funktioniert perfekt.
Ich bin bestens zufrieden.

The problem is solved.
Everything works perfectly.
I am very satisfied.

HAVOC-OS ROM